Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:37 AM

World Election-Vote For The Earth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Election-Vote For The Earth (732 Views)

Rivers State Online Re-run Election. Vote Now / Presidential Election "Vote Online Via Google" / OSUN ELECTION: Vote For The Man With Love For Education - NANS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Election-Vote For The Earth by lyfe(m): 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
World Election is coming up on March 28th 2009.
No need for registration.
No Voters Card.
No Ballot Snatching.
No Hanky-Panky.

All you have to do is switch off your lights for one hour,Or you can vote global warming by leaving your lights on.

Nigerians, Nairalanders, rise up and lets cast our votes.

More than 2,848 cities, towns and municipalities in 84 countries have already committed to VOTE EARTH for Earth Hour 2009, as part of the worlds first global election between Earth and global warming.

The results of the election are being presented at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009. We want one billion votes for Earth, to tell world leaders that we have to take action against global warming.
Read more http://www.earthhour.org/home/

PDP, Progress. wink
PHCN, Power. cry
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by Nobody: 3:51am On Mar 27, 2009
Certainly the end of the world is aroun d corner.
God help us.
This has never happen b4 in history of mankind and now its a symbol of d anti christ coming to rule d world soon
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by blackspade(m): 3:57am On Mar 27, 2009
^ Lol, did you even read what he said?? Chai, Nigerians just love controversy! cheesy
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 27, 2009
Yes sir. That why i did posted my comment.
Repent and be saved. Pls.
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2009
@poster. What is it all abt?
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by comfort3: 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2009
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by smile4kenn(m): 5:02pm On Mar 27, 2009
Its all over everwhere here with posters, tv and radio adverts, car stickers and so on, I will be switching off my lights on 28th march from 9:30pm to 10:30pm.

Lets save our earth, let our earth feel one hour natural, Save the earth for tommorow's children. Stop! Global Warming!!

Vote for Earth!
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by smile4kenn(m): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2009
sorry its 8:30pm to 9:30pm
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by strangleyo: 2:44am On Mar 28, 2009
EARTH HOUR??!!!!!!!!!!

Earth Hour in Nigeria all day, sometimes for 3 days!
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by lyfe(m): 11:58am On Mar 31, 2009
strangleyo:

EARTH HOUR??!!!!!!!!!!

Earth Hour in Nigeria all day, sometimes for 3 days!
3days earth hour in Nigeria-It seems the level of environmental awareness in Nigeria is low.

I was just lucky to see show on CNN
smile4kenn:

Its all over everwhere here with posters, tv and radio adverts, car stickers and so on,  I will be switching off my lights on 28th march from 9:30pm to 10:30pm.

Lets save our earth, let our earth feel one hour natural, Save the earth for tommorow's children. Stop! Global Warming!!

Vote for Earth!

Many Indicators have already suggested that the Planet Earth is in Peril, with the rise in sea levels, climate change, ozone layer depletion, to mention few.
Much awareness have been raised in the developed country to bring environmentally unfriendly act to halt. But what do we have here, we experience Earth hour by polluting the environment, firing the generating sets thereby releasing toxic fumes into the environment on daily basis. Over Hundred Thousands generating set are being powered by Individauls, Small Scale industries,Cooperate Organisations.
Generators are now even flaunted as gifts for promos.-----In the dailies----
Environmental Management will not bring money directly into ones pocket. But it is neccessary to handle its greeness and aesthetic values to the future generation.
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2009
I hate people when they talk about this global warming crap. Why don't you have an earth hour all day of the year? You drive a fuel guzzling SUV, turn on your heater and AC all through the year, Leave your PC and other electronics on all through the year, and you only turn them all off one hour a year? You are just deceiving your self. I didn't participate in the Earth hour. My apartment stood different from thousands of apartments in downtown Toronto cause I took my time to make sure all my lights were on and my stereo bumping Fela while I smoke my ganja on the balcony with my flat mate. Earth hour ko Earth hour ni. My lights are rarely on anyways so let me take this time to keep them on for one hour!!!
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by TayoD1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 31, 2009
@9jaganja,

I hate people when they talk about this global warming crap. Why don't you have an earth hour all day of the year? You drive a fuel guzzling SUV, turn on your heater and AC all through the year, Leave your PC and other electronics on all through the year, and you only turn them all off one hour a year? You are just deceiving your self. I didn't participate in the Earth hour. My apartment stood different from thousands of apartments in downtown Toronto cause I took my time to make sure all my lights were on and my stereo bumping Fela while I smoke my ganja on the balcony with my flat mate. Earth hour ko Earth hour ni. My lights are rarely on anyways so let me take this time to keep them on for one hour!!!
I just love this guy. While all the drones were busy following Al Gore, Al Gore's house was lit like a Christmas Tree during that time. May God deliver us from this communicable disease called 'conformity".
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2009
Amen! cool
Re: World Election-Vote For The Earth by lyfe(m): 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2009
Now you have the Generator to pollute the environment.
Incase you don't know : Only N 501 recharge a month gives you a chance to own the pollutant below, Hurry while stock last.
This is unsightly, organisations should raise awareness on the environment, many Corporate organisation in developed countries supports the use of alternative energy, green products, and operate their business in an environmently friendly manner. But what do we have here, Na so so confusion, complete pollution in a our nation. , Tuface

Talk the talk
GLO!  GO GREEN smiley

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Plot To Kill Tinubu Police Quiz Ac’s Spokesman Lai Mohammed / Orile Ede: Preliminary Reflections / Anti-yar’adua Plotters‘ll Fail, Say Lamido, Aliero.(god Pls Deliver Us From Pdp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.