Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

How To Disable Apps Consuming Your Data Subscription In Window 8 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Disable Apps Consuming Your Data Subscription In Window 8 (686 Views)

Stop Windows 10 Update From Consuming Your Data+video / We Recover your data from damaged, corrupted and formatted data storage devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Disable Apps Consuming Your Data Subscription In Window 8 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
Window 10 is the latest version of Window OS version. However, many users are still using window 8(including me). Couple of days ago, I upgraded my PC to Window 8, shortly afterwards, I discovered that my data stats had sky rocked up. At first, I thought it was someone that had h*cked my internet router's password, so i changed the password and the name of my hotspot device. Just few hours after doing this, I checked my data usage statistics. I was surprised to found out that my PC was actually the "anonymous" user eating up my data subscriptions.H

To prevent this from happening in the future, I started digging into my PC settings. Afterwards, I stumbled on this solution, which am going to be sharing here in this post.

I guess you are reading this from your PC, so i will not bother to tell you to turn on you pc. At the Start window of your computer screen, you will noticed that some apps like Finance, Sports, News, Travel and others usually change whenever your PC is connected to the internet. The simple explanation behind this, is that your Window OS often update this apps using your data subscription without asking for your permission. Read on to know how you can disable this apps.

How You Can Stop Apps From Consuming Your Data

You need to first of all login to your Desktop screen. At the Start menu, right-click on the app you will like to stop from consumin your data. Click 'Turn live tile off'' at the bottom of your screen. For example, if you will like to disable the internet connection for Finance app, just right-click on it and select "Turn live tile off" in the menu bar located at the bottom of your screen. Repeat this process on other apps to prevent them from hogging your data.

Do you encounter any problem while trying to disable the apps, or do you successfully disabled it, please leave your comment in the comment section. Its highly appreciated.

Tutorial with screenshot at http://www.actgeek.com/2015/08/how-to-disable-apps-hogging-your-data.html
Re: How To Disable Apps Consuming Your Data Subscription In Window 8 by zyzxx(m): 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
nice 1 bro

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Wifi Dont Have A Valid Ip Configuration / I Need A Hp250g1 Laptop / Checkout Television Set That Can Be Rolled Up Like Newspaper ... Teck-i-no-lo-gy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.