Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC - Education (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC (722159 Views)

The Oke-ogun Polytechnic (saki) 2016/2017 Admission Processes / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2016/2017 Admission Processes / The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (414) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2019
Notsonasty:

We dey manage ..steady steady and will win the race
Amen bro, we would give it a standard.....Afaka is sure 71RC
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
NNAMDIII:
I'm good bro,what happened to your line? I need your digit sir!

I've been quietly following this thread, wassup 71RC bro?
0803 WhatsApp me...
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 2:44am On Feb 08, 2019
Dway911:
If you're 21 by march can you still apply for 71RC
No u cant
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 4:01pm On Feb 09, 2019
Okay, so I’ve been planning on writing this for a long time; but I’vjust had to kick my head out of my ass to post this.
This is probably gonna be the last meaningful post from me for a while, so for all intending cadets – clean your eyes and listen to me. And please note that whatever I post here is my own personal view and opinion as well as experience – which means u’re responsible for how you understand or interpret it, as it is for infotainment purpose ONLY.

………finally, it’s gonna be a little bit lengthy, so if you’re a lazy reader like me, just close this page, bcoz it’s gonna be pretty booooring.

I don’t even know where to start from………………okay, now lets begin with the

NDA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (NDAEE)
This smoke exam is the first stage of separating the wheat from the chaff (Oww….sounds awful), and usually, not more than 5% are selected (I said selected, not pass). The goodnews is that unlike JAMB you don’t have to bother about ur NDAEE score as only the BEST 50 are selected from each state. If u don’t make it, doesn’t mean you’re dull, but it means u’re villagemen stepped up their game real good.
However, as of 68RC (my course), they didn’t just select the best 50 straight up, rather it was segmented and stratified according to the faculties in the ratio of 15:10:5:20 for Arts/Social Sciences, Engineering, Military Sciences and Sciences respectively. The implication is that you might be a very smart/intelligent/brilliant Engineering applicant from your state, in fact you might be the 11th person with the highest IQ; but on how u don’t make the top 10 of Engineering applicants, you wont be shortlisted……..while a not-so-smart dimwit who applied to Arts or Sciences might be shortlisted. This is because of the quota allotted to each faculty.

You can see that in the NDAEE you greatest enemy is your fellow faculty-mate from the same state. If I were you, I will pray that they are all dumb-asses. Just kidding!

On the exam day, help yourself and follow all instructions religiously, go with all necessary credentials, right size of photograph, HB pencil etc. Manage, patch, langa and pass the exam.

THE ARMED FORCES SELECTION BOARD (AFSB)

So you’ve passed the NDAEE and ur name is among the top 20, 15, 10 or 5 from each faculty in ur state – congratulations! Now you’ll be feeling like you’ve done what Napoleon didn’t do; don’t worry……that is just the beginning. You’re still closer to zero than infinity.
The screening/selection process is quite comprehensive and elaborate, almost 50% of the shortlisted applicants will go home – mostly from the credentials and medical screening. Better beg all ur village witches to allow you.

When the non-essentials have been sieved out, then comes the main competition between you and ur fellow villagemen – help yourself and distinguish yourself either intellectually, physically or otherwise; but if you’re so dull that you cant stand out………….then pray that all ur other fellow faculty mates from your state die before facing the Selection Board (Don’t say I’m the one that told you).

For specific details about the AFSB, refer to an earlier post on the comprehensive post on the AFSB……….dont tell me you cant find it.

And please, when going to NDA old site for the screening, go with cash…lots of it. The AFSB is the sweetest and easiest part of the NDA story……….you wont understand.

RESUMING FOR TRAINING AT THE ACADEMY

Wow, now that you’ve made the final list as a selected or reserved cadet, you’re happy beyond measure…………and prior to resumption you’ve started wearing camou shorts or face-cap, using fake dog-tags as well as camou wallet. Issorait! I understand you’re very happy and having too much joy, but don’t be carried away – it is the beginning of your problems.
You, on your own, you will regret the day you used your own money to buy NDA form. Some of you will dash (cowardice and run), some will die (no bad wishes), many with broken legs, and hands.

This quote below is what they told us before our resumption, I thought it was smoke:

[i]N0 matter what language used, Cadet Okedi is right. Saturday is d begining of 0ur pr0blems. We've s0ld 0ur freed0m,relaxati0n,luxury life, even 2 sleep, eat or 2 drink even water will n0 l0nger b 0ur right but a privilege. We'll f0rget h0w 2 smile & laugh. Even basketm0uth's j0ke w0nt make us grin let al0ne smile. We're g0ing 2 have our butts kicked,have our heads gr0und. We're g0ing 2 hunch,hang,nack pushups,f0rward r0le & pin heads.We're g0ing 2 embrace different kinds of beating & drilling. Insults & bad w0rds. Our new names'll be bastard,barga,etc we'll even prefer being called cl0wns. We're g0ing 2 feel malice bt it's regimentation.We'll feel like we're in hell.D h0t sun will change 0ur c0mplexi0n.We'll gr0w dark,thin.Br0ken b0dies & br0ken b0nes all 0ver. Shifted waists & disl0cated j0ints. Many of us'll regret dey ever applied 4 d 1st

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2019
izic911:
Guard up 71 days to go
How are you bro
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by yomzygallant: 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2019
NL is not boiling like b4 o,Aspirant hope ur moral is high.....

#71RC
No retreat.........
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Notsonasty: 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2019
https:///BCRPfmc210N0VzNeFx4zTN
Join the group or drop your number

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Notsonasty: 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2019
Send me a message so I can add u to the group..08141184816
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by 98salan(m): 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2019
please arty men help,during your jamb reg where u able to choose cyber security &millitary intelligence as course @anwser if u knw wat i ment
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by ashraf267(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
yomzygallant:

My WhatsApp num is 08102477602
I will add u on WhatsApp pls I need the compendium even if it is PDF formats
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by izic911: 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
Daeyou:
How are you bro
I'm good man how is the morale
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2019
izic911:
I'm good man how is the morale
Morale is still very high, UTME Exam in few days.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by izic911: 12:06am On Feb 12, 2019
Daeyou:
Morale is still very high, UTME Exam in few days.
I'm swear I'm counting days
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 9:13am On Feb 12, 2019
izic911:
You are from which state?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by ricoric: 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
izic911:

When is your exam ? Hope JAMB form hasn ' t closed yet ?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by ricoric: 1:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
Daeyou:
Okay, so I’ve been planning on writing this for a long time; but I’vjust had to kick my head out of my ass to post this.
This is probably gonna be the last meaningful post from me for a while, so for all intending cadets – clean your eyes and listen to me. And please note that whatever I post here is my own personal view and opinion as well as experience – which means u’re responsible for how you understand or interpret it, as it is for infotainment purpose ONLY.

………finally, it’s gonna be a little bit lengthy, so if you’re a lazy reader like me, just close this page, bcoz it’s gonna be pretty booooring.

I don’t even know where to start from………………okay, now lets begin with the

NDA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (NDAEE)
This smoke exam is the first stage of separating the wheat from the chaff (Oww….sounds awful), and usually, not more than 5% are selected (I said selected, not pass). The goodnews is that unlike JAMB you don’t have to bother about ur NDAEE score as only the BEST 50 are selected from each state. If u don’t make it, doesn’t mean you’re dull, but it means u’re villagemen stepped up their game real good.
However, as of 68RC (my course), they didn’t just select the best 50 straight up, rather it was segmented and stratified according to the faculties in the ratio of 15:10:5:20 for Arts/Social Sciences, Engineering, Military Sciences and Sciences respectively. The implication is that you might be a very smart/intelligent/brilliant Engineering applicant from your state, in fact you might be the 11th person with the highest IQ; but on how u don’t make the top 10 of Engineering applicants, you wont be shortlisted……..while a not-so-smart dimwit who applied to Arts or Sciences might be shortlisted. This is because of the quota allotted to each faculty.

You can see that in the NDAEE you greatest enemy is your fellow faculty-mate from the same state. If I were you, I will pray that they are all dumb-asses. Just kidding!

On the exam day, help yourself and follow all instructions religiously, go with all necessary credentials, right size of photograph, HB pencil etc. Manage, patch, langa and pass the exam.

THE ARMED FORCES SELECTION BOARD (AFSB)

So you’ve passed the NDAEE and ur name is among the top 20, 15, 10 or 5 from each faculty in ur state – congratulations! Now you’ll be feeling like you’ve done what Napoleon didn’t do; don’t worry……that is just the beginning. You’re still closer to zero than infinity.
The screening/selection process is quite comprehensive and elaborate, almost 50% of the shortlisted applicants will go home – mostly from the credentials and medical screening. Better beg all ur village witches to allow you.

When the non-essentials have been sieved out, then comes the main competition between you and ur fellow villagemen – help yourself and distinguish yourself either intellectually, physically or otherwise; but if you’re so dull that you cant stand out………….then pray that all ur other fellow faculty mates from your state die before facing the Selection Board (Don’t say I’m the one that told you).

For specific details about the AFSB, refer to an earlier post on the comprehensive post on the AFSB……….dont tell me you cant find it.

And please, when going to NDA old site for the screening, go with cash…lots of it. The AFSB is the sweetest and easiest part of the NDA story……….you wont understand.

RESUMING FOR TRAINING AT THE ACADEMY

Wow, now that you’ve made the final list as a selected or reserved cadet, you’re happy beyond measure…………and prior to resumption you’ve started wearing camou shorts or face-cap, using fake dog-tags as well as camou wallet. Issorait! I understand you’re very happy and having too much joy, but don’t be carried away – it is the beginning of your problems.
You, on your own, you will regret the day you used your own money to buy NDA form. Some of you will dash (cowardice and run), some will die (no bad wishes), many with broken legs, and hands.

This quote below is what they told us before our resumption, I thought it was smoke:

[i]N0 matter what language used, Cadet Okedi is right. Saturday is d begining of 0ur pr0blems. We've s0ld 0ur freed0m,relaxati0n,luxury life, even 2 sleep, eat or 2 drink even water will n0 l0nger b 0ur right but a privilege. We'll f0rget h0w 2 smile & laugh. Even basketm0uth's j0ke w0nt make us grin let al0ne smile. We're g0ing 2 have our butts kicked,have our heads gr0und. We're g0ing 2 hunch,hang,nack pushups,f0rward r0le & pin heads.We're g0ing 2 embrace different kinds of beating & drilling. Insults & bad w0rds. Our new names'll be bastard,barga,etc we'll even prefer being called cl0wns. We're g0ing 2 feel malice bt it's regimentation.We'll feel like we're in hell.D h0t sun will change 0ur c0mplexi0n.We'll gr0w dark,thin.Br0ken b0dies & br0ken b0nes all 0ver. Shifted waists & disl0cated j0ints. Many of us'll regret dey ever applied 4 d 1st

I ' m not really scared but how come I did not get shortlisted despite Chemistry - 36, Physics - 32, Biology - 37 and English - 30.

I ' m confused bro'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2019
ricoric:

I ' m not really scared but how come I did not get shortlisted despite Chemistry - 36, Physics - 32, Biology - 37 and English - 30.

I ' m confused bro'
Your villagemen stepped up thier game real good.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Notsonasty: 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
ricoric:

I ' m confused bro'

Your village people
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by izic911: 12:07am On Feb 13, 2019
ricoric:

I ' m confused bro'
how did u know dats wat u scored
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by izic911: 12:08am On Feb 13, 2019
Daeyou:
You are from which state?
Delta
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by ricoric: 10:03am On Feb 13, 2019
izic911:
how did u know dats wat u scored

I ' m a UNILAG student, sir.
I gave it to my respective lectures in different subjects and I made research myself.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Kimiwa: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
Your village people upped their game is very correct. Quota system starts right from shortlisting. It's not just to score high but to be the highest scorer from your Local govt from those going for the same faculty/course that you're going for. The criteria are weird and sometimes confusing.
Really Quota system is the bane of this country.
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2019
izic911:
Delta
alright bro. Goodluck
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Daeyou(m): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2019
Pls help......Which jamb slip are we to upload on nda registration portal, is it the one we get after jamb registration or the reprint?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Walinco(m): 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2019
ricoric:

I ' m a UNILAG student, sir.
I gave it to my respective lectures in different subjects and I made research myself.
course and level?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by itsmolep(m): 3:04am On Feb 14, 2019
I'll be 21 on August 7.. can I still apply??
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by izic911: 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
itsmolep:
I'll be 21 on August 7.. can I still apply??
yes bro but it's d last trial
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by NNAMDIII(m): 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
How's the morale gentlemen?
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by yomzygallant: 12:35am On Feb 16, 2019
NNAMDIII:
How's the morale gentlemen?
Moral is High
Artyman
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 16, 2019
Daeyou:
Pls help......Which jamb slip are we to upload on nda registration portal, is it the one we get after jamb registration or the reprint?

The one you get after jamb reg
Re: Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC by awokunlet: 2:13pm On Feb 16, 2019
I need d compedium past questions for my younger brother please. Any link ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (414) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.