Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? (807 Views)

List Of AMCON 217 “Chronic Debtors” / Why Nigeria's Economy Is Failing: Case Of Amcon And Silverbird / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by kenny987(f): 4:27am On Aug 20, 2015
I SEEK CLARITY, FROM ALL PATRIOTIC NIGERIANS PLEASE:

And oh, if the only response you can think of is 'Leave d president alone to do his work', this post is NOT meant for you.

"Have u read read the AMCON Act of 2010? To what extent did the appointment of new AMCON MD & EDs yesterday fulfil the requirements of the law? S.10(1) of the Act provides for a chairman who shall be appointed on recommendation of the Federal Ministry of Finance in consultation with the Minister. There is no Minister yet so...

The law says the Managing Director shall be "nominated" by the Central Bank of Nigeria. S. 10(1). 3 Executive Directors to be "nominated by the CBN on consultation with the Minister". Again there is no Minister, so how could this have been fulfilled? 5 other non-executive Directors - 2 nominated by the Ministry of Finance; 2 by the CBN and 1 by NDIC. Did anyone bother to look at the law? Was there any recommendation, nomination or consultation?"

A friend raised this query on Facebook and I believe forumites will be interested.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by zadok60: 4:30am On Aug 20, 2015
wait leme logout from this sleep
Re: How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by AngryNigerian(m): 4:59am On Aug 20, 2015
eeeiiiii, Goddy com & c ooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Re: How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by talktimi(m): 5:38am On Aug 20, 2015
And the executive rascality characteristic of a democratic dictatorship goes on cool

1 Like

Re: How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by sunnyb0b0(m): 6:03am On Aug 20, 2015
kenny987:

And oh, if the only response you can think of is 'Leave d president alone to do his work', this post is NOT meant for you.

"Have u read read the AMCON Act of 2010? To what extent did the appointment of new AMCON MD & EDs yesterday fulfil the requirements of the law? S.10(1) of the Act provides for a chairman who shall be appointed on recommendation of the Federal Ministry of Finance in consultation with the Minister. There is no Minister yet so...

The law says the Managing Director shall be "nominated" by the Central Bank of Nigeria. S. 10(1). 3 Executive Directors to be "nominated by the CBN on consultation with the Minister". Again there is no Minister, so how could this have been fulfilled? 5 other non-executive Directors - 2 nominated by the Ministry of Finance; 2 by the CBN and 1 by NDIC. Did anyone bother to look at the law? Was there any recommendation, nomination or consultation?"

A friend raised this query on Facebook and I believe forumites will be interested.

Lalasticlala, do you have any answer to the above?
Re: How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by naijaking1: 6:08am On Aug 20, 2015
What is the constitution if Buhari wakes up one day a democratically elected president, and another day a military dictator
Why pay attention to that inconvenient constitution until everyone from Katsina gets some form federal appointment or another!
Re: How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by agabusta: 6:26am On Aug 20, 2015
kenny987:

Was the new MD named in Acting capacity or as a substantive MD?
Re: How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by kenny987(f): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2015
agabusta:

Was the new MD named in Acting capacity or as a substantive MD?

The relevance of this question you have just asked is a little unclear. An appointment into that office in whatever capacity requires that the stipulated procedures be followed. There is no indication that Kuru's appointment is in acting capacity though.
Re: How Compliant is the Recent Hire/Fire Of The MD & EDs Of AMCON With the Law? by FactsTruths: 6:33am On Sep 01, 2015
kenny987:

The relevance of this question you have just asked is a little unclear. An appointment into that office in whatever capacity requires that the stipulated procedures be followed. There is no indication that Kuru's appointment is in acting capacity though.

Kenny, I think he's got a point. Truth is, in acting Capacity, just like INEC which acting period is over and the president is mum on the matter.
I really want to learn too, but is the constitution silent on cases of non-availability of a minister? Like a permanent secretary or whatever.
Also, if the constitution states Finance Ministry, I feel anyone there as the substantive head of the Ministry can fill the void of a Minister

let's all learn pls

(1) (Reply)

A Current Governor Sat On The Floor Why Talking To Atiku / Happy Birthday To Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah / PMB Assets Declaration: Leadership By Example.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.