Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! (2209 Views)

See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update / Nairalander's Samsung A7 Review For Samsung Lovers / Top 5 NIGERIAN Owned Brand Phones And Tablets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by omolomolarinero: 7:50am On Aug 20, 2015
I NEED HELP FOR MY SAMSUNG NOTE GT N8000

A few days ago, I used my device at night and woke up the next morning with my note screen saying- "Encryption failed"
"Unable to complete encryption due to interruption. Perform factory data reset(erasing all your data) before use. After resetting, try encrypting device again."
Then there's a "reset device" button down below, which I pressed and pressed for hours without any action, or response.
I googled, different sites, and also videos on youtube, and the suggestion i got is to flash the device.
So I downloaded 2 different versions of Odin3 to flash it so as to install another downloaded firmware from Sammobile.com, but its just telling me "FAILED" several times.
I went to SAMSUNG office, they said its saying "FAILED" too and returned it to me since the warranty is over.
Now, I don't know what to do. Can someone help?
Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by Chukky86: 8:46am On Aug 20, 2015
One chance

Common samsung phones.. Buy another phone. I have about 2samsung s3 and S4 null/null and fake imei. Nothing works
Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
OP, you tried to encrypt your device from Security> Encrypt device and you interrupted it.
Reboot to recovery and wipe data, you'll lose all your files.
Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
Chukky86:
One chance
Common samsung phones.. Buy another phone. I have about 2samsung s3 and S4 null/null and fake imei. Nothing works
You should stop buying cloned Chinese phones.
undecided
Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by omolomolarinero: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
how I can reboot to recovery and wipe data
Karmanaut:
OP, you tried to encrypt your device from Security> Encrypt device and you interrupted it.
Reboot to recovery and wipe data, you'll lose all your files.
Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by bigtt76(f): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Reboot your tablet and just before the screen lights up, press down both the power button and Volume Up key for it to boot to recovery HD. In this mode, you will several functions amongst them is Wipe/Factory Reset ....select this option and it will format your tablet to factory default. Reboot tablet and you should be fine.

BTW which of the Samsung offices did you take it to? I would advise you take it to the their official Customer Care Center (One is at Lekki Phase One).

omolomolarinero:

Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
omolomolarinero:

If you have ADB setup on your PC then open a command window and type:
adb reboot recovery 
Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by ewizard1: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
Karmanaut:
If you have ADB setup on your PC then open a command window and type:
adb reboot recovery 
lolz... Just like that?
Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by ewizard1: 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Power down your device, Push the Volume Up + Power Button, hold till you get into "Stock 3e Recovery"

Then use your Volume keys for navigation and Power key for selection.

Scroll to Factory Data Reset, and select.
Re: Strictly For Samsung Phones And Tab Engineers! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
ewizard1:
lolz... Just like that?
Yes. Your device should be connected to the PC via a USB cable obviously.

(1) (Reply)

This Hilarious Trick Turns Your 3k Phone Into An Iphone. / Finally Got A Good Phone / Learn; How To Borrow Data On Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.