Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Programming Jokes - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Jokes (3994 Views)

Jokes For Geeks / 27 Jokes Only Engineers & Developers Can Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Programming Jokes by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2006
Hey guys, i know some of us take progrmming as very serious, but i found some very kool programming jokes onthe net.
i'll be sharing the links with you when i find them, but this first one is for C++ programmers, its called "interview with djarne strousoup"
laff away, and let me know what you think.
http://www.ariel.com.au/jokes/An_Interview_with_Bjarne_Stroustrup.html

PS, i also love C++ so this isnt a smear campaign oh, its just a parody of C++!!!

Re: Programming Jokes by qleyo(f): 12:32am On Oct 01, 2006
OMG hahahahaha!!!!

I agree with a good 90% of it!!!!! When I first started using C++ (after so long using C) I was like why It took me a good year to write a program with references only. The most annoying error will continue to be "dangling pointer" its the silliest imo but its also the funniest named lol "dangling". But we all know the trade off for flexibility is speed (its inevitable) - speed of designing, speed of debugging, speed of modifying, debugging everything.

Anyway from his website - http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#IEEE

Is "bjarne" an impostor?
,  The obvious exception is the infamous IEEE "interview", which I find rather unfunny,

Did you really give an interview to IEEE?
in which you confessed that C++ was deliberately created as an awful language for writing unmaintainable code to increase programmers' salaries?
Of course not. Read the real IEEE interview. http://www.research.att.com/~bs/ieee_interview.html
Re: Programming Jokes by sbucareer(f): 2:40am On Oct 01, 2006

Funny interview with Bjarne Stroustrup, father of C++.

Here is a funny rejection letter following an interview.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter rejecting my application for employment with your firm. 

I have received rejections from an unusually large number of well qualified organizations. With such a varied and promising spectrum of rejections from which to select, it is impossible for me to consider them all. After careful deliberation, then, and because a number of firms have found me more unsuitable, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your rejection. 

Despite your company's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet with my requirements at this time. As a result, I will be starting employment with your firm on the first of the month.  Circumstances change and one can never know when new demands for rejection arise. Accordingly, I will keep your letter on file in case my requirements for rejection change. 

Please do not regard this letter as a criticism of your qualifications in attempting to refuse me employment. I wish you the best of luck in rejecting future candidates.

(1) (Reply)

Relevance Of Programming Skills To Petroleum And Chemical Engineering. / Why Is Rails Adoption So Slow In Nigeria? / Advice Needed!!! Php Yii Vs Python Django

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.