Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

A Funny Experience I Had. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Funny Experience I Had. (820 Views)

My Funny Experience At Gtbank / My funny experience while returning from CDS / A Funny Way To Notifying PHCN Of Bill Payment (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Funny Experience I Had. by elfico(m): 9:02am On Aug 20, 2015
People will tell you to always follow your mind. For some people, it works, for others, it doesn't. I woke up late that day and was angry with my phone that it could not even do just one of thee five functions I had assigned to it. It had failed to wake me up. I quickly took a bath and ate a light meal. I looked at my sparse wardrobe and wondered which cloth I was going to wear. I had an appointment to meet up by 2pm and I wanted to look professional. In the end, I opted for my sky blue shirt. It was the best option and my least liked. It was long and required me to tuck it in. I want to go to some other places before the appointment and I mustn't look to professional there. I reached a compromise and decide to fly the shirt for the first appointment and tuck it in for the second. After all, man must chop.
I set out and endured the ever busy Abuja traffic. I got to the first place and concluded my business. Despite my compromise, I still looked over dressed and it didn't really help my quest there. But everything went well and I left about 12.30pm. I still had all the time before my next appointment and I decided to walk a little. A little exercise won't kill me. After walking a while, I stopped around a tree and tucked my shirt in, I knew I may not get the chance to do it. I finished and started waiting for a bus. They weren't forthcoming and the few that came by did not want to stop at that point. I decided to walk to the nearest recognized bus stop. I walked for about 15 minutes and was approaching the bus stop when I saw a guy sitting down listening to something on his phone. I passed by him and seeing that he is a northerner, I greeted him in Hausa. He responded and I kept on walking. I had just taken a few steps when I heard
"oga!"
"oga!"
Re: A Funny Experience I Had. by elfico(m): 9:02am On Aug 20, 2015
I ignored the call and went on.
"oga!", he said again.
I turned back to look at him. I figured that he want to ask for money, I would just show him my near empty wallet.
But he just pointed to my back. I tried to turn and he pointed to his own behind. I half turned to look at my behind and saw something blue sticking out of my trouser. I put my hand to trace it and I realized that my trouser was torn along the stitch line. I quickly composed myself and thanked him. I drew my shirt out and let it fly and thanked God that I was wearing a long shirt. I used my hand to check and noticed that the shirt just barely covered the place torn. I walker steadily to the bus stop.
I tried to think how long the trouser had been torn. I remembered that I had tucked it in about 20 minutes ago. So, for 20 minutes, I had been walking while backing the flow of traffic, my trouser was torn. I imagined how all those commuters who were passing would have been smiling and laughing at me. I was quite funny, I even smiled. Anyway, I started to think of how to go back home. I looked at my watch and saw that I still had about 50 minutes before the next appointment. I wasn't going to give up just like that. If I did, how can I say am a Nigerian. I took the next bus to Wuse and searched for a tailor who mend the trouser and I took a another bus back to the place of appointment. I arrived just 2 minutes late.
I learnt some lessons that day.
1. Don't ever trust ready made plain trousers.
2. Don't ever trust ready made plain trousers.
(the trouser was new.)
3. Follow your mind. I had wanted to trim down the shirt the previous day but did not because I could not find a tailor.
4. Greeting people is not a bad thing. You never can tell. Had the guy not pointed the flaw out, I would probably had realized too late or even worse, not realized at all.
5. Try to never give up.

1 Like

Re: A Funny Experience I Had. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
This cracked me up!
Re: A Funny Experience I Had. by xcelentattitude(m): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
Nice Epistle, but you didn't tell us how much the tailor collected.
*innnnncoommpleeeete* shikenan ai

(1) (Reply)

5 Things Nigerian Men Actually Want For Christmas / Mentally Unstable Woman With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba (photos) / Counter Thread: Advantages Of Average (height) Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.