Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

History Of Accounting In Nigeria, Who Knows? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / History Of Accounting In Nigeria, Who Knows? (13654 Views)

NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? / The Fallen Standard Of Education In Nigeria- Who Is To Blame? / I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

History Of Accounting In Nigeria, Who Knows? by Loudspeeka(m): 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2009
Nairalanders, I need your help badly or I'll die cry. Help with true websites to trace the History of accounting in Nigeria or Someone should help with it.PLEASE undecided
Re: History Of Accounting In Nigeria, Who Knows? by skweezer: 5:57am On Mar 27, 2009
Use google
Re: History Of Accounting In Nigeria, Who Knows? by Onyemadonald(m): 1:54am On Aug 23, 2018
In Nigeria, record keeping has antecedents in the ancient kingdoms and empire and prominent then was the periodic contributions which were recorded on the wall. But the granting of royal character to Royal Niger Company was the turning point in record keeping. The governing accounting principles in Nigeria is almost the same as the ones in Britain.

In 1965, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established and affiliated with the professional institutes in Britain and USA. Many Nigerians came back from overseas after independence as professional accountants and being members. The institute was charged with the responsibilities of regulating procedures and practice in Nigeria.

In 1982, Nigeria Accounting Standard Board (NASB) was established to regulate and set standards to guide accounting operations in Nigeria. Some of the members of Nigeria Accounting Standard Board (NASB) include Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Ministry of Finance (MoF), Nigeria Accounting Teachers Association (NATA), Chambers of Commerce (CoC), etc.

READ THE COMPLETE INFO HERE https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2018/08/history-of-accounting-in-nigeria.html

(1) (Reply)

2014 Convocation Celebration Of A Nairalander:photos / Sanwo-Olu Floats Autonomous Financing Channel For Lagos Tertiary Schools / UNILAG Will Only Admit 8,000 Out Of 32,000 Applicants - VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.