Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. - Jobs/Vacancies (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. (139075 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Apply For 2017 Chevening Scholarship For Masters Studies In The United Kingdom / 2016 CHEVENING MSC SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK UNIVERSITIES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Crane1: 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello Jefa... I applied for the same TOTAL scholarship vyy wasn't successful, can you please help with your write-ups as against next round.

I will PM you.

Jefa4real:

sorry for my late response guys. I took the TOTAL scholarship to study international energy in Paris.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Crane1: 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

Greetings to us all! I urgently need IELTS study pack, anyone with it can help forward it to my mail; emmanuelo.solina@gmail.com..

Thanks
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by segunolapad(m): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
Crane1:
Hello everyone,

Greetings to us all! I urgently need IELTS study pack, anyone with it can help forward it to my mail; emmanuelo.solina@gmail.com..

Thanks

HI everyone. I'm also interested in the IELTS study pack.

isaacolap@gmail.com
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 01, 2017
segunolapad:

isaacolap@gmail.com
please if you got any assist me too.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 01, 2017
please chevening participant can i include NYSC working experience to the 2 years required experience benchmark.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2017
Jefa4real:

ethnic minority, tribe and indigenous group are all synonyms. They simply want to know if your tribe is in the majority in your country, the size. E.g Yoruba is not a minority same as Igbo.
Jefa4real can you please assist me with ELTS english exam material and please can i include my Nysc working experience among the required 2 year benchmark experience.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
vingeophysicist:
please chevening participant can i include NYSC working experience to the 2 years required experience benchmark.
can I give you a quick advice. You might not like it tho. Forget about this chevening scholarship. Do not bother applying now. When you gain real work experience, apply. You will thank me!! Chevining is quite different..
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Chydobe: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
Chevening Scholarship Eligibility Criteria

To Qualify for Chevening Scholarship, candidates  must:

Be a citizen of the eligible countries
Be willing to return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after the award has ended
Possess an undergraduate degree which will enable them gain entry into a UK university for a postgraduate programme. Typically and equivalent of a 2:1 degree in the UK
Have atleast two years work experience or five years fellowship experience. (Check your country requirements).
Apply to three separate eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 july 2018
Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 july 2018

Click on the link below for more information and application guidance

http://www.newzified.com/chevening-scholarship-uk-government-scholarship-for-international-students-apply-now/
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Jefa4real: 9:10am On Oct 06, 2017
vingeophysicist:

Yes, certainly you can...You just need to be creative about describing how what you did at your PPA and your CDS fits into your proposed course of study and future career. As a matter of fact you can also get extra hours by listing your PPA and CD Activities under different job headings, especially if you spent enough time on CD group initiatives.

I got chevening this year with NYSC+my teaching in a private school after NYSC+Voluntary research assistant role. The thoughts about the relevance of NYSC was what almost put me of from applying, but thanks to the help and support I got from a group of scholarship enthusiasts, I summoned courage to go on and I got the award.

But ensure your essays are super tight and your university grades are not too low.

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Jefa4real: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2017
majekdom2:
can I give you a quick advice. You might not like it tho. Forget about this chevening scholarship. Do not bother applying now. When you gain real work experience, apply. You will thank me!! Chevining is quite different..

I'm sorry sir, but I beg to disagree. What do you mean by 'real work experience'? Even chevening encourges all sorts of work experience:
Eligible types of work experience

Applicants must meet the minimum work experience requirement before they submit their application for a Chevening Award. The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:

Full-time employment
Part-time employment
Voluntary work
Paid or unpaid internships
Work experience can be completed before, during, or after graduating from your undergraduate studies.
Employment undertaken as part of your undergraduate or postgraduate course are not eligible.

You do not need to meet the work experience requirement in one period of employment nor do you have been working in your current role for the minimum requirement in order to be eligible to apply. Applicants can submit up to ten different employment periods in order to meet the requirement. If you have held more than ten positions then please enter the periods which make up the greatest number of hours worked.

(1) All applicants must have worked at least 2,800 hours to be eligible.

It is assumed that applicants in full-time employment work on average 35 hours per week and 40 weeks per year. This equates to 2,800 hours over two years. However, if you have worked over 2,800 hours in less than two years, you will still be eligible. If your work experience is not full-time work, calculate the number of hours worked multiplied by the number of weeks in the role. All applicants must have met the work experience requirement when they submit their application.

(2) We consider all types of work experience.

This includes full-time employment, part-time employment, voluntary work, paid or unpaid internships, freelancing, and self-employment. Work experience from before, during or after your undergraduate degree is eligible and can take place in any country, regardless of whether or not it is your country of citizenship. If your work experience was a mandatory part of your university course, this will not count towards the work experience criteria.

THE MAJOR CONCERN IS THAT You should be able to explain how your previous work experience relates to your course or why you are deciding to switch if it is not related

Here is what chevening says:

(3) Your work experience does not need to be related to the course/s you want to study.

We accept work experience from any field. However, if your course choices are not related to your work experience, you will need to explain why you are seeking to make a career change. Note the transferable skills you have gained from your current field of work and how they will help you in your studies and with your future career goals.

DONALD TRUMP DID NOT HAVE RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE TO BECOME A 'SUITABLE U.S. PRESIDENT', YET HILARY CLINTON WITH ALL HER PROFESSIONAL POLITICAL CAREER PROFILE STILL LOST TO HIM.

4 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2017
Jefa4real:

Yes, certainly you can...You just need to be creative about describing how what you did at your PPA and your CDS fits into your proposed course of study and future career. As a matter of fact you can also get extra hours by listing your PPA and CD Activities under different job headings, especially if you spent enough time on CD group initiatives.

I got chevening this year with NYSC+my teaching in a private school after NYSC+Voluntary research assistant role. The thoughts about the relevance of NYSC was what almost put me of from applying, but thanks to the help and support I got from a group of scholarship enthusiasts, I summoned courage to go on and I got the award.

But ensure your essays are super tight and your university grades are not too low.
God bless you, don't mind that op he is always negative.though I have seen that page you displayed on nairaland about work experience but I wanted to confirm from a Chevening scholar.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Jefa4real: 9:25am On Oct 06, 2017
That's the link to chevening advise page on work experience

http://www.chevening.org/chevening/blog/2016/work-experience-four-key-points-to-help-you-apply

I will just advise that you make enormous efforts to put in very good essays and be careful in filling all sections of the application form. Do thorough research on UK priorities in your country and forge a link between what you want to study and those Uk priorities.

To caught long stories, visit this page if you haven't

https://scholarshipapplicationguide..fr/2017/08/a-guide-for-scholarship-applications.html

I believe it will be helpful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2017
Jefa4real:

I'm sorry sir, but I beg to disagree. What do you mean by 'real work experience'? Even chevening encourges all sorts of work experience:

Applicants must meet the minimum work experience requirement before they submit their application for a Chevening Award. The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:

Full-time employment
Part-time employment
Voluntary work
Work experience can be completed before, during, or after graduating from your undergraduate studies.
Employment undertaken as part of your undergraduate or postgraduate course are not eligible.

You do not need to meet the work experience requirement in one period of employment nor do you have been working in your current role for the minimum requirement in order to be eligible to apply. Applicants can submit up to ten different employment periods in order to meet the requirement. If you have held more than ten positions then please enter the periods which make up the greatest number of hours worked.

It is assumed that applicants in full-time employment work on average 35 hours per week and 40 weeks per year. This equates to 2,800 hours over two years. However, if you have worked over 2,800 hours in less than two years, you will still be eligible. If your work experience is not full-time work, calculate the number of hours worked multiplied by the number of weeks in the role. All applicants must have met the work experience requirement when they submit their application.

This includes full-time employment, part-time employment, voluntary work, paid or unpaid internships, freelancing, and self-employment. Work experience from before, during or after your undergraduate degree is eligible and can take place in any country, regardless of whether or not it is your country of citizenship. If your work experience was a mandatory part of your university course, this will not count towards the work experience criteria.

THE MAJOR CONCERN IS THAT You should be able to explain how your previous work experience relates to your course or why you are deciding to switch if it is not related

(3) Your work experience does not need to be related to the course/s you want to study.

We accept work experience from any field. However, if your course choices are not related to your work experience, you will need to explain why you are seeking to make a career change. Note the transferable skills you have gained from your current field of work and how they will help you in your studies and with your future career goals.

DONALD TRUMP DID NOT HAVE RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE TO BECOME A 'SUITABLE U.S. PRESIDENT', YET HILARY CLINTON WITH ALL HER PROFESSIONAL POLITICAL CAREER PROFILE STILL LOST TO HIM.

check around and ask. Network with chevening Alumni, they will advise better!
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by olayemite(m): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2017
Jefa4real:

Hello Scholar,

I have finished drafting those four essays and I was wondering if you could review them for me.

Thanking you in anticipation that I will read back from you soon.

Best regard.

Full-time employment
Part-time employment
Voluntary work

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Crane1: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Material forwarded

segunolapad:

isaacolap@gmail.com
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 08, 2017
Jefa4real:
That's the link to chevening advise page on work experience

http://www.chevening.org/chevening/blog/2016/work-experience-four-key-points-to-help-you-apply

I will just advise that you make enormous efforts to put in very good essays and be careful in filling all sections of the application form. Do thorough research on UK priorities in your country and forge a link between what you want to study and those Uk priorities.

To caught long stories, visit this page if you haven't

https://scholarshipapplicationguide..fr/2017/08/a-guide-for-scholarship-applications.html

I believe it will be helpful.
thanks for the elts materials
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by lunacol(m): 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
vingeophysicist:
thanks for the elts materials
can you forward the IELTS Materials to lunacolng@gmail.com , thanks
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by segunolapad(m): 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
Crane1:
Material forwarded
I really appreciate. God bless
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by freddie20: 8:24am On Oct 12, 2017
Please, i need the English study pack as well.
My email is victor_freda@yahoo.com

God bless.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by LeakPlug(m): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hi Guys, please send to nwanerianthony202@gmail.com
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by mendulla: 3:09am On Oct 21, 2017
This information is inaccurate. It is stated clearly on the Chevening website that some universities accept grades below 2:1. All you need to do is get admission. Graduates with 2:2 have been Chevening scholars.
wroskian:

If you're referring to Chevening Scholarship, then that information is incorrect as the minimum qualification to be eligible is a 2.1. Visit Chevening.org for more details. CHEERS.

Sparklebaby, please I'm still expecting your mail. Thanks.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by joefab: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2017
Please where can i register and write TOEFL here in Lagos?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2017
joefab:
Please where can i register and write TOEFL here in Lagos?
why not IELTS exam or is it that TOEFL is cheaper.IELTS exam is more recognised.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by joefab: 10:31am On Oct 23, 2017
vingeophysicist:
why not IELTS exam or is it that TOEFL is more cheaper.IELTS exam is more recognised.
thanks, any idea where I can register for any of them here in Lagos?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2017
joefab:
thanks, any idea where I can register for any of them here in Lagos?
just go online and fill the form on their website.The rest information will be related to you through that same platform.And please when filling the form use the same name on your passport and institution certificate.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by yemmy75(m): 11:36am On Oct 26, 2017
Mastercard foundation scholarship is currently on!
Paste the link below in you browser to join the telegram group

/mastercardfoundationscholarship
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hope everyone have submitted his/her details for the chevening scholarship. The closing date is near(7th of November).
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by ESFRANCIS01(m): 2:20am On Nov 05, 2017
vingeophysicist:
Hope everyone have submitted his/her details for the chevening scholarship. The closing date is near(7th of November).
Will be submitting later today hopefully
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
ESFRANCIS01:

Will be submitting later today hopefully
What have you been doing. :javascript:void(0);o
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by saxoholic1(m): 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
IELTS study packs for 2,000Naira only
Toefl study pack for 2,000Naira only
WhatsApp or call..Mr ThankGod: 08034697789
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 08, 2017
saxoholic1:
IELTS study packs for 2,000Naira only
Toefl study pack for 2,000Naira only
WhatsApp or call..Mr ThankGod: 08034697789
guy pity people nah
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by sudo1986: 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
Crane1:
Material forwarded

Please forward IELTS materials to damajibode@gmail.com

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies / Ten Tough Interview Questions And Ten Great Answers / FAAN RECRUITMENT EXERCISE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.