Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? (22894 Views)

Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. / Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job On Push CV?? / Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by ednut1(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
dem plenty for nairaland wey i know , my padi got info on NL bout a test. was supposed to go bt i no get liver. he later got d job salary over 179k chai. i jst dey vex for my self. d next week i go gatecrash one test too for ikeja. well i was caught and sent out grin

10 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by yeldey: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
olasquare22:
Gate-crashing works so well. You just have to be informed and confident. Yours sincerely got his present job through gate-crashing.

You can't gate crash test/interview in a well-structured company cus names of invitees are always documented and sent to the security post or reception.
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by glogirl(f): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
I gate crashed p&g and gtbank tests. I passed both tests and progressed with the interviews though i finally got a beta offer and abandoned both.
It is always worth a shot.its a measure of how desperate u are and i was fervently desperate. Say i no hear be say i show. That was some yrs ago anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by 2odd(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Its like the saying between Mohammed and the mountain. If they ( d companies ) didn't call u , call yourself. Heavens help those who help themselves

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by goshikid: 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
for where....it wnt work in this 9ja jare....
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by best4momoh(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:
Lemme read comments grin

Hehehe Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
. You never make any meaningful comments. Always rushing to comment.

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by jazinogold(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
I gatecrashed the last navy exam but if you see Weytin dose people do to me eh! Chai....every explanation of how u got in na slap n kick dy follow m!

9 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by VNOS(m): 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
A friend of my brother actually got his job at Schlumberger by gate crashing. Although he had to go through a tedious process of sending repeated emails trying to convince some senior recruiting or HR manager, am not sure which one again, but he eventually got the job. May I also add that he did really well in their recruitment exam & process.

5 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by Osisie(m): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
If I walk into an organization on a normal day and tell them I wanna work for them though there is no ongoing recruitment or interview......is that also gate crashing?

2 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by kezmal(m): 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
[quote author=missKiffy post=37164062]
Cool, but how did they find out about the gate crashers

Sometime dey find out the gatecrasher base on d list of d invited candidate dey already have, I gatecrashed one interview last week nd d HR got to find out I was a gatecrasher, so she ask me to show her d msg I received, as a coded guy I showed her d msg nd i was allowed to take part in d interview.
Gatecrashing an interview indeed worth it if u knw ur way.
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by GboyegaD(m): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
I got my Ecobank job back in the days by gate crashing for the exam. I don't know if it is possible to gate crash for an interview though.
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by SaiBuharii: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
missKiffy:
I never knew people do gate crash a job interview till I got on nairaland. Have read several stories of people gate crashing an interview here. For those who don't know what gate crashing an interview means, it means going for an interview you were not invited for, but you find out about the details, maybe from someone who was invited. So I would like to know if there is anybody that has ever gate crash an interview before, or have you gotten a job through an interview you gate crashed. Have never gate crashed an interview before and I don't blame anybody who has, because of the situation in this country, desperate times require desperate measures.

I gatecrashed enterprise and Unity bank those days. I got both offers. But didn't pick them, already had a better place. Gate crashing is a function of the question - is the company organised? Companies that still invite pple via text messsge for hand written test are gate crashable, but if it computer based attached with personalb passwords, don't bother.

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by TMILewin: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
That's how Mike Ross of suits got his law job and he's killing it ..... You could try it also but all fingers are not equal!

2 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by SaiBuharii: 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:
Lemme read comments grin

I advise you do something better with your time. Seun Osewa does not credit constant visitors on nairaland, talkless of front page.

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by klickash077(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
my first job after nysc was via gatecrashing with a call centre.

a job seeker has got nothing to lose, hence try all means possible, the worse that can happen is waste of transport fare and the coordinator of the job test or interview walking you out of the premises.

all the best to all job seekers

2 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by TheRealAdonye(m): 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
cc Lero15

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by engrkaz(m): 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Yes, I know a friend, I met him at the interview at NASRDA's HQ in abuja, we were in d hall, then i noticed this dude dressed in suit, he doesn't even know the full meaning of NASRDA, no invitation letter, NOTHING....I gave him my jotting of stuffs i know abt d agency, he was damn smart that when we were asked for our invitation letters he lied that he was sent to the place by the former minister of science n tech.....yall know what? our man got the job.....GATE CRASH if u can....

5 Likes

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by maestroferddi: 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
jazinogold:
I gatecrashed the last navy exam but if you see Weytin dose people do to me eh! Chai....every explanation of how u got in na slap n kick dy follow m!
Very funny!

With Boko on the prowl, our khaki boys have to be vigilant, you know...

Sorry about the mishandling, though.
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by softvio(m): 9:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hmmm! Naso i gate-crash go crash one aboki man dem gate that day i pee for trouser....lol...new word, well i havnt tried that before,but i knw couple of guys that gate-crashing had paid off
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by Samyj247: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Osisie:
If I walk into an organization on a normal day and tell them I wanna work for them though there is no ongoing recruitment or interview......is that also gate crashing?

Cos I've done that, and that's how I got my present job.
I lov ds. Ds is faith in action.
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by Threemg: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
missKiffy:
I never knew people do gate crash a job interview till I got on nairaland. Have read several stories of people gate crashing an interview here. For those who don't know what gate crashing an interview means, it means going for an interview you were not invited for, but you find out about the details, maybe from someone who was invited. So I would like to know if there is anybody that has ever gate crash an interview before, or have you gotten a job through an interview you gate crashed. Have never gate crashed an interview before and I don't blame anybody who has, because of the situation in this country, desperate times require desperate measures.

More than 3 of my friends gatecrashed to join NESTLE and they are currently big boys now another one in an oil and gas firm here. All you need is information and confidence.

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by scentmarlc(m): 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:
Lemme read comments grin

You this boy, have told yu to face yur book and stop competing for FTC with Introvert. Uhmmmmmm, I don talk ma mind ooo.

P:S Yes I saw "f" as your gender choice but we both know berra grin grin grin
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by famzynet: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:
Lemme read comments grin

I wonder how you de always be FTC. Your phone must be very fast. And sorry if I ask ,you de go work at all?
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by FaskRolce: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
I gate crashed for a job interview in Sept, last year. To my surprise, I got the job and resumed in January 2015. Amazingly, I was made the Manager of that branch in February. God favored me and I thank God for people who encouraged me to go for the interview I wasn't invited for

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by olasquare22: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
yeldey:

You can't gate crash test/interview in a well-structured company cus names of invitees are always documented and sent to the security post or reception.

You have to wake from your slumber. I got a job with a well-structured company through gate crashing the company's aptitude test 3 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by AWObest: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
Once d gate crashes tru a gate cracher anybody can go in. There4 d person dat will get d job may not do d interview. Long legs Long hands long neck big eyes. Baba agbalagbagban
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by julie89(f): 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
obitee69:
Yes I have. Dats wat landed me where I currently am with a salary of 3M per annum
link me up with the company details,don't mind gate crashing too
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by missKiffy(f): 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
[quote author=kezmal post=37167820][/quote]
Bt which message did you show her wen u were not invited smiley
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by ochestraone(m): 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:
Lemme read comments grin

its lady Bleep again
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by ochestraone(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:
Lemme read comments grin

its lady fowl again
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by tobybodunde: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:
Lemme read comments grin

is ds so callwd lady f ds jobless that she occupies d first seat to comment on vry thread....i guess she is a drop out....whuz got notin to do at all....
Re: Gatecrashing A Job Interview: Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through It? by butanep(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
jazinogold:

I nor fit laugh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lessons From His Job Test Experience / Nscdc-shortlisted Candidates Names Out At Last / Unemployment Hits Nigerian Pilots, 170 Jobless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.