Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ (1290 Views)

Rivers Re-run: Police To Withdraw Politicians’ Orderlies / Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ / Buhari Orders IG To Reduce Policemen Attached To Dignitaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by olujastro: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday directed the Inspector-General of Police, Sunday Arase, to prune down the number of policemen attached to dignitaries.

Mr. Buhari also directed the police inspector general to redeploy all policemen withdrawn from that role to regular police duties.

The President also warned that he would not tolerate any irregularities or extortion of money from unemployed Nigerians in the coming recruitment into the police.

At a meeting with officials of the Ministry of Police Affairs and the Police Service Commission in the Presidential Villa, President Buhari sad applicants having to pay bribes before being accepted into the police in the past was totally unacceptable.

The President told the officials that those in charge of recruitment and training in the Police must be above board and eschew every form of extortion and underhand dealing.

“You must ensure that the recruitment process is transparent. Those who will conduct the recruitment must be above board. It should not be heard that they receive gratification or extort money from those who want to enlist in the police,” Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, quoted President Buhari as saying.

On the stagnation of policemen on a rank for many years, the President counselled the Police Service Commission to review the current structure of the police, and make recommendations on how the problem can be solved to boost the morale of serving policemen.

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Police Affairs, James Obiegbu, had, in his briefing to the President, listed inadequate police personnel, dwindling finances and non-rehabilitation of police training schools as some of the challenges facing the police.

The Chairman of the Police Service Commission, Mike Okiro, said the country needed to have more than the 305,579 policemen and women it has at present for effective policing.

He thanked President Buhari for approving the recruitment of 10,000 additional policemen and women earlier this week.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/188727-buhari-orders-police-ig-to-withdraw-orderlies-from-nigerian-big-men.html
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by ladyF(f): 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
Haaa. Some won't be happy with this news.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by illiad1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
That would be Impossible!

Because Nigerian politicians being the thieves they are, can't walk the streets without security.
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by Jessydj10101010: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Police,my sister died in active service in police since 2011 till now nobody has paid us 1naira for her,police has collected more than 150k from my as bribe so that the can pay her gratuity still no way

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by ishiamu(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:

Oya edit am to its ladyF again.... na ya way

Nothing good can come out of the dullard president #nonsense
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by hadura29(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ok... Greats news, but join police... Emi ko...
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by olujastro: 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:

I'm telling you.
With the rate at which things are changing in our Nigeria of today, I'm beginning to have a second thought about relocating to North America in the near future to seek a better life. I get back home from work after a stressful day, there's constant electricity till I leave the house 5am the next morning, so I put off the fridge before leaving the house, same thing during the weekend. Things are beginning to pick shape generally.
I look at the credentials of all those appointed so far, my heart gets filled with joy, except when I read the senseless comments of supposedly educated Nigerians who know nothing but tribe and religion. Then I wonder, how will an appointment given to man from my state affect my pocket if I don't hustle hard as I do.
We are getting there, that I'm sure of! If we can use the next 4-8yrs to fix corruption as well as basic infrastructure, I bet y'all that considering our human and mineral potentials, you won't recognise Nigeria again in the next 15yrs.
To the topic: good news all the way. Lesser sirene bullies on our roads
God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by saintikechi(m): 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
this move will only increase the rate of kidnapping in the country
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by shaddoww: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
Na to arrange boys n open a private security firm be dat ooo. Well dis is a welcome development cos of hw dis officers av been misused in d past.

Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by GudluckIBB(m): 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
ladyF:

......Yea the wailing wailers.

Lady F i thought you belong to wailing wailers *runs and hide inside Buhari Agbada*
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by pacino26(m): 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
I go pam am this time. On my way to tell those mopol attached to..........
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by omowolewa: 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hummm! Am I far you?!

Good news,
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by Elslim: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
good.. steal our money no mopol to guide u so we have free acess to punch u
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by natas22: 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
My sai buhari doing the right thing from the beginning of time
Re: Buhari Orders Police IG To Withdraw Orderlies From Nigerian ‘big Men’ by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sai Baba

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Facts About The Yoruba People That You Don't Know. / Ask Efcc To Leave Tompolo Alone, Ex-militants Beg Buhari / U.S. Donates $11 Million Mine Resistant Vehicles To #nigeria To Fight #bokoharam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.