Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,074 members, 7,828,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help (3165 Views)

Any Nigerian Resident In Georgia (country) / Getting A Temporary Nigerian Resident Permit / Nigerian Resident Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by DaSlEek(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2006
I am interested in studying in dubai and also resident there ,I want to know how life is there working and studying, are there any chances of good living? Please Help I need just an Idea.
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by zexyworm: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2006
what do you want to study? the local universities are not as good as the ones in Europe and N/America but they seem to be catching up (especially American University of Dubai) etc. There is a good dentist program at Sharjah University.
Living in Dubai can be sweet if you earn enough money to survive+save. I would say the biggest challenge is accomodation, it is the most expensive side. For the rest (food, gas, etc.) you can manage. A new public transport network including rail, monorail, and metro is being built and will be commissioned around 2009.
Good luck.
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by DaSlEek(m): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2006
Thanks zexyworm I want to study Computer Science. I think I can have it at the European universities there.Are there Oppurtunities of working while studying? so as to meet the cost of living? I'll appreciate your reply.
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by zexyworm: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2006
Sure there are plenty of opportunities for part-time work.

The more skills, languages, and flexibility you have the better. You could work at call centers, hotels, or others, The sky is the limit.
Dubai is a jungle, so I would advise you to visit first and see for yourself.
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by DaSlEek(m): 12:26am On Oct 03, 2006
Thnx man.I Appreciate it.bt i nid one more advice 4rm u.south africa and dubai.which do u fink wuld be ok.lookin at d education.part time work and livin standard,which wuld u advise sum1 like me to go to?
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by akintoso1(m): 12:32am On Oct 03, 2006
@Mr. DaslEek and All Other Nigerian Escapee,

What exactly are you looking for in Dubai or South Africa?Why can't you settle down here and pursue your career in this God blessed nation.I guess you are looking for greener pastures elsewhere, but remember that "a lizard in Nigeria will not become aligator neither will a goat here in Nigeria suddenly become a cow overthere".So think deep and sow in this land now.There is no place like home, !!!!!Stop listening to wrong counsel.They won't tell you the bad side of the place because they want more people to join them in their hide n seek life overthere.Let God show you the way!!!!!
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by DaSlEek(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2006
Mr oga. u are very very wrong.I am not an escapee becos i am still commin back to dis blessed nation of ours.but firstly i would want to aquire good and quality education which i cant get here in nigeria(u know that) nd then get experienced and then come back to our dear nation and help develop it wiv ma skills nd experience.So Mr Oga do u copy?
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by akintoso1(m): 8:35am On Oct 03, 2006
@DASLEEK,

Abeg clean ya mouth na big lie be that! If I may even ask you , What programme are you going there to pursue sef and for what degree No be computer Science and first degree you wan go for?

All your statement does not even depict a true Nigerian in you! You better be careful before E.F.C.C will capture you 4 money laundering.Invest your resources here my man.

Infact if you don't know be told now, DUBAI is a very expensive place to live or study, to spend ordinary a day na money, immigration go finish you so tey u go run back home, accommodation there na helele ,although there Airport can still accommodate you 4 some days just 2 see how beautiful dat country is, u will be monitored even to the toilet.About South Africa, why now? you wan go catch AIDS 4 d place.

No magic  overthere!!!!!!! Charity begins @ home.Look b4 u leap pls!!!!
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by akintoso1(m): 8:49am On Oct 03, 2006
@ dasleek,

you are OLOJU KOKORO!!!! Meaning " you get insect for eyes" , You no dey value ya own thing.
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by akintoso1(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2006
", THE DOG THAT WILL GET LOST WILL REFUSE TO HEAR THE HUNTERS CLARION, "
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by DaSlEek(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2006
Mr Hunter who be Dog? En? Why dont you calm down and handle this thing with maturity,na advice we dey seek come this forum no be make we dey yab our selves,
akintos_o:

@DASLEEK,

Abeg clean ya mouth na big lie be that! If I may even ask you , What programme are you going there to pursue sef and for what degree No be computer Science and first degree you wan go for?

Have you attended any of our states universities? Presently I am on a diploma programme in one of the universities not to mention names.I am surposed to be doing a computer diploma , and This is my last year and Imagine I havent done any computer practical, all we do is teaching and most times the lecturers dont come around, all the knowledge i gained are from my own private investments in computer schools and online education, So I hope you can now see my reasons for wanting to go abroad.
akintos_o:

@DASLEEK,

Infact if you don't know be told now, DUBAI is a very expensive place to live or study, to spend ordinary a day na money, immigration go finish you so tey u go run back home, accommodation there na helele ,although there Airport can still accommodate you 4 some days just 2 see how beautiful that country is, u will be monitored even to the toilet.About South Africa, why now? you wan go catch AIDS 4 d place.

Hey see who says I cannot survive in dubai or whatever you are thinking, and You are very wrong saying I wan go catch Aids for South africa, Do you think AIDS is airborne in south africa?You better be Careful!!! and Mind what you say on Here Aight
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by zexyworm: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2006
akintos_o:

@Mr. DaslEek and All Other Nigerian Escapee,

What exactly are you looking for in Dubai or South Africa?Why can't you settle down here and pursue your career in this God blessed nation.I guess you are looking for greener pastures elsewhere, but remember that "a lizard in Nigeria will not become aligator neither will a goat here in Nigeria suddenly become a cow overthere".So think deep and sow in this land now.There is no place like home, !!!!!Stop listening to wrong counsel.They won't tell you the bad side of the place because they want more people to join them in their hide n seek life overthere.Let God show you the way!!!!!

Although I agree with you in heart (about the need to build one's country) I must disagree on the "hide and seek" life that immigrants allegedly seek. The education system in Nigeria is in distress. Therefore, it is not such a bad idea to acquire knowledge and expertise in better universities and return home eventually to serve the homeland. I also remind you that a great deal of the best Chinese brains schooled in America (with the likes of I.M.Pei, etc.) and then returned home to participate in their dragon-economy soon to become word super power. The world is a little village, Nigerians should draw on the positive forces of the world rather remain comatose in a cocoon.

As for God showing us the way, can't we discuss anything but religion on this forum? Why is it that Nigerians fall back on cliche statements all the time, when we can clearly separate facts and draft a clear path for the country?
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by DaSlEek(m): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2006
Thanks O! zexyworm, he has refused to reason! Yes there is a section on religion in this forum ofcourse. Check it out!
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by soulpatrol(f): 8:10pm On Oct 08, 2006
zexyworm:

As for God showing us the way, can't we discuss anything but religion on this forum? Why is it that Nigerians fall back on cliche statements all the time, when we can clearly separate facts and draft a clear path for the country?

@zexyworm. i really do agree on this last bit you mentioned. we always tend to depend on God to make our situations better without even trying to do anything about it. sure we should ask Him for guidance and all, but is God going to come down physically and help us fix it? we should help ourselves because He has given us all the resources we need. sometimes our people are just too lazy, we are given the chance, yet we dont take it. its sad that such a rich country like Nigeria still has a bad economy, the leaders aren't even making it easy. all they want to do is milk the country die. why should we have to come and school abroad and be treated like second class human beings in the process? its just sooooooo sad. ughhhhhh!  angry
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by GNature(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2006
DaslEek,

Please don't pay attention to akintos. You have spoken eloquently of your intentions/aspirations and I commend you for that.

How can someone be studying computers in their last year without doing any practicals ? Like I said, you have made complete sense. You are very ambitious and I applaud you for that.

I hope your plans get fulfilled. Good Luck.
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by onatisi(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2006
how easy is it to get a job in dubia / we will be issue a two weeks visa , can one get a job with that visa in dubai and later change it to work permit ? how easy is it ? and does one need an agent to do that for someone ? if yes how can one get the agent ? i will like to have answers to these questions .
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by akintoso1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 11, 2006
@ ONATISI

You talk sense with all these ur questions, e bi like say u don go there once or av somebody gone there.I no go lie to u , my brother was once there early this year, the story he brought wowo pass anythin, I love DASLEEK so much dat is y am helpin him with my advice so dat he can reconsider his mission cos if he insisted on his ambition, there are better ways of achievin it , if he ask 4 my help I can assist him in this regard.

Goin 2 Dubai is 4 2wks ab-initio but 2 extend it overthere is big money which is very expensive.The place is good only 4 business purpose (of buyin goods )and returnin to ur home country after ur purchases.
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by DaSlEek(m): 1:55am On Oct 13, 2006
Ha! Bros Akintos U love me ke? abeg o I no dey that One! well I am asking for your Help now O! na u talk sa u go assist if i ask. I am waiting!
Re: Any Nigerian Resident In Dubai Here Plesae Help by Constantin: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2006
DUBAI OR THE UAE AS A COUNTRY is a glitzy place to be with sooooo many glamorous mega-projects that are being built. The UAE have a standard of living that even makes European national look shabby and pale! And the good thing is that Dubai only depends less than 10% of GDP from its sale of oil. These are very clever people. Dubai is more than a city it is already a brand name!

(1) (Reply)

My Trip To America / What Next After US Immigration Form I130 Petition is Approved For Parent? / Travelling From Nigeria To Ghana By Road- Is This Possible Without Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.