Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State (9027 Views)

INEC Declares Uwajumogu Of APC Winner Of Imo Senatorial Re-run Election / Ohaji/egbema,oguta Rejects The Appointment Of Sen.izunaso As NDDC Imo State Rep. / Bad State Of Imo State Teaching Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by zuchyblink(m): 11:08am On Aug 21, 2015
The part in Imo refused to disclaim Igbo and hence are treated badly by the Federal Government. The more you disclaim Igbo, the more your gain. The original Nzeobi(Eze or Igwe) stool for the entire Egbema is in Imo State but a parallel was created by FG in Rivers to divide and cause enmity.

1 Like

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by macolino(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Egbema at large migrated from Benin kingdom in 17th century during king Osage war..Egbema is formaly called alinso(holy land)a land blessed with mineral resources,over 50 oil wells and good vegetation.yet they are being marginalized.no good roads,no power supply,no jobs for the youths etc.may God come to our rescue.Thank God for people like HRM Eze K.O Ekwueme (Eze Oba of Egbema) for his True leadership and exposing Nzeobi's evil done to the people of Egbema.Proudly Egbema
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by RareDiamond: 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
DON'T MIND THE Y0ROGBA ID1OTS !!! EGBEMA PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IGBO NO MATTER THE DIVISION. EGBEMA WAS ORIGINAL MADE UP OF 17 VILLAGES UNDER THE NZEOBI BUT AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, THE FEDERAL GOVT FORCEFULLY DIVIDED AND CEDED 3 OIL PRODUCING EGBEMA VILLAGES TO RIVERS STATE FROM IMO STATE DESPITE MASSIVE PROTEST AND REJECTION BY THE EGBEMA PEOPLE AND IMO GOVERNMENT.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by asha80(m): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
RareDiamond:
DON'T MIND THE Y0ROGBA ID1OTS !!! EGBEMA PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IGBO NO MATTER THE DIVISION. EGBEMA WAS ORIGINAL MADE UP OF 17 VILLAGES UNDER THE NZEOBI BUT AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, THE FEDERAL GOVT FORCEFULLY DIVIDED AND CEDED 3 OIL PRODUCING EGBEMA VILLAGES TO RIVERS STATE FROM IMO STATE DESPITE MASSIVE PROTEST AND REJECTION BY THE EGBEMA PEOPLE AND IMO GOVERNMENT.
well gas seems to be in the Imo side

1 Like

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
Igbos should leave Niger Delta alone.

3 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by glassjar1: 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

you knew you wrong .

in all your different monikers .all this , is a result of imbedded hatred DNA in your existence against Godly IGBO'S .

your days are numbered shacris

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by glassjar1: 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

you knew you wrong .

in all your different monikers .all this , is a result of imbedded hatred DNA in your existence against Godly IGBO'S .

your days are numbered shacris cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by macolino(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
RareDiamond:
16 villages not 17 ,,3 in rivers and 13 in imo
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by RareDiamond: 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
YOU ARE A BLATANT, UNREPENTANT AND FEROCIOUS LIAR. SHAMELESS M0RONIC YOR0GBAE BIGOT

OZAOEKPE:

10 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Duru1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
macolino:
Egbema at large migrated from Benin kingdom in 17th century during king Osage war..Egbema is formaly called alinso(holy land)a land blessed with mineral resources,over 50 oil wells and good vegetation.yet they are being marginalized.no good roads,no power supply,no jobs for the youths etc.may God come to our rescue.Thank God for people like HRM Eze K.O Ekwueme (Eze Oba of Egbema) for his True leadership and exposing Nzeobi's evil done to the people of Egbema.Proudly Egbema

No, Egbema migrated from Owo during reign of Oba Osanwede, Mr. Migrant Macolino. For your information, Egbema did not migrate from anywhere. Any fools who claims a migrant indicates he or she has irreparable inferior mentality. I do not know how a very resourceful Igbo person will turn to the inferior corner and claim it as point of his or her origination.

7 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Duru1(m): 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
zuchyblink:
The part in Imo refused to disclaim Igbo
and hence are treated badly by the Federal
Government. The more you disclaim Igbo,
the more your gain. The original Nzeobi(Eze
or Igwe) stool for the entire Egbema is in
Imo State but a parallel was created by FG in
Rivers to divide and cause enmity.

Bros we all know the game of federal government led Yari.ba, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and rest of mushroom ethnic groups in northern region of Nigeria plays with concentrated power at the center. But one day, a new dawn shall appear in the horizon. The moronic goons who seem to enjoy the spoils of war for today should remember to remain silence or else....

6 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Ugomba(m): 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Rivers Egbema are Igbos na, I have a friend from there who works here in Asaba..

9 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Duru1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ugomba:
Rivers Egbema are Igbos na, I have a friend from there who works here in Asaba..

The poster did not say that Egbema people in Rivers State are not Igbo or claiming not being Igbo. However, the poster touched on the fact that Yari.ba, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and other ethnicities from northern region who had control of the central government devised a political machination to favor the Egbema people who had denounced their Igboness for a plate of Ogi.

7 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by macolino(m): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Duru1:

No, Egbema migrated from Owo during reign of Oba Osanwede, Mr. Migrant Macolino. For your information, Egbema did not migrate from anywhere. Any fools who claims a migrant indicates he or she has irreparable inferior mentality. I do not know how a very resourceful Igbo person will turn to the inferior corner and claim it as point of his or her origination.
I guess you do not know the TRUE history,tradition and language of egbema kingdom,google it.i hope U know of egbema gbaramatu and their history as well..mr sabinus

3 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Egbema in Imo not Ijaw egbema
macolino:
I guess you do not know the TRUE history,tradition and language of egbema kingdom,google it.i hope U know of egbema gbaramatu and their history as well..mr sabinus

1 Like

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by sherrylo: 2:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
RareDiamond:

See werey! Wet in concern Yoruba for for this one? Yoruba whahala go kill you.

1 Like

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Eastlink(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
macolino:
We are lgbo in origin. The Bini migration theory was due to our close relationship with Oguta and Ndoni people. Our ancestors came from Igbo heartland, precisely Isu. Moreover, over 80 percent of Ogutans are Isuama in origin.

4 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Eastlink(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
zuchyblink:
The part in Imo refused to disclaim Igbo
and hence are treated badly by the Federal
Government. The more you disclaim Igbo,
the more your gain. The original Nzeobi(Eze
or Igwe) stool for the entire Egbema is in
Imo State but a parallel was created by FG in
Rivers to divide and cause enmity.
We've never denied our Igbo origin. Even the Rivers state Government label us as Igbos. I don't know your motivation for this needless thread.
Your focus should be targeted at the Ikwerres and Etches not us.

7 Likes

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by zuchyblink(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
Eastlink:
We've never denied our Igbo origin. Even the Rivers state Government label us as Igbos. I don't know your motivation for this needless thread.
Your focus should be targeted at the Ikwerres and Etches not us.
ok
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by RareDiamond: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Your comment is absolutely useless and of no effect whatsoever !!! Nonsense

sherrylo:

See werey! Wet in concern Yoruba for for this one? Yoruba whahala go kill you.

1 Like

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by uncletbuddy(m): 9:16am On May 15, 2017
Pls I need an egbema person who knows his culture and traditions well to aid me in narration of the religion, culture and politics of the area.. I am writing my thesis and I have toured round the internet yet I got nothing
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by halichoice(m): 8:22am On Aug 04, 2017
macolino:
16 villages not 17 ,,3 in rivers and 13 in imo

Ebgema was 17 villages but one was very small coupled with some other factors that's made them leave their settlement and mixed up with the other villages.
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by greenmonk: 4:37am On Aug 16, 2018
uncletbuddy:
Pls I need an egbema person who knows his culture and traditions well to aid me in narration of the religion, culture and politics of the area.. I am writing my thesis and I have toured round the internet yet I got nothing
Don't mind those political historians who write of what they know nothing about and bend history when it suits their purpose.
They heap all their ignorance on the Nzeobi who was not there when their fathers took them from ahoada division to oguta division. The people inhabiting the Niger Delta know their origin and historical ties.
Egbema is not of ibo origin and if political expediency has made them be bulkanized in imo state that can never change their origin.

1 Like

Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by greenmonk: 4:42am On Aug 16, 2018
Eastlink:
We are lgbo in origin. The Bini migration theory was due to our close relationship with Oguta and Ndoni people. Our ancestors came from Igbo heartland, precisely Isu. Moreover, over 80 percent of Ogutans are Isuama in origin.
If your fathers came from isu my own fathers did not come from isu. How I wish that this is not a faceless forum then we shall know when you want to aspire to any traditional stool in Egbema.
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by greenmonk: 4:48am On Aug 16, 2018
macolino:
Ekwueme was the person that moved the thirteen communities from Ahoada division to oguta division in 1958 for his political aspirations,, so all the person vilifying SNA for that should swallow their ignorance.
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Alabo7978(m): 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2022
Eastlink:
Oguta are kalabari-ijaw people
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Arda1000(m): 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
greenmonk:

If your fathers came from isu my own fathers did not come from isu. How I wish that this is not a faceless forum then we shall know when you want to aspire to any traditional stool in Egbema.
do you even know what the name Isu means?
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by greenmonk: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2022
Arda1000:
do you even know what the name Isu means?
From your posts and topics you are narrow minded.
I don't think you are from Egbema and those Egbema indigenes who are not politically mature will continue to fall to the machinations of the Igbos.
What have the ibos of imo state done for the the people of Ohaji_egbema-uguta apart from plunder and killing of their indigenes?
Re: Egbema People Of Imo/rivers State by Arda1000(m): 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2022
greenmonk:

From your posts and topics you are narrow minded.
I don't think you are from Egbema and those Egbema indigenes who are not politically mature will continue to fall to the machinations of the Igbos.
What have the ibos of imo state done for the the people of Ohaji_egbema-uguta apart from plunder and killing of their indigenes?
if don’t know that Ohaji Egbema is both in Imo and Rivers respectively then there’s nothing to tell you

(1) (Reply)

Solid 2019 election prophecy by prophet Temitope / NNPC Spent N648.82 Billion On Pipeline Maintenance In 5.5 Years - BudgITng / 2023: Write Your Name In Good Books Of History – Ohanaeze To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.