Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,565 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road (1265 Views)

Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells / Breaking: Buhari In A Terrible State, Enters Memory Loss / See The Terrible State Of A Newly Constructed Road Waiting For Commissioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by sleemfesh: 11:21am On Aug 21, 2015
Can we please get this to the front and have the government look at this case. Tin Can is a crucial port and Nigeria makes billions from this place in a year. How can the access road be this horrible. A practical death trap.

Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2015
Hapiness87 is the most "curvy" babe on NL. Freely you receive, freely you should give
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by xamuelotu(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2015
Make I no talk b4 them ban me

Lalasticlala tongue
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by tucky200(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by 9jii(m): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2015
I considered it as the second worst thing in Nigeria after bokoharam.
The death and the losses this road causes are much
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by WilyWily: 11:33am On Aug 21, 2015
HaaaaaaaHaaaa, kool.
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by asha80(m): 11:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Nothing much can be done about this rd even if repaired by a quality construction company it will not really last because of heavy duty foods and container pass through it in mins

The long lasting solutions are

Resoration of rail line to apapa/tincan port( I mean high capacity rail)

Diverting traffic away from tincan and apapa ports

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by phantom(m): 11:45am On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
Nothing much can be done about this rd even if repaired by a quality construction company it will not really last because of heavy duty foods and container pass through it in mins

bullseye!
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by sleemfesh: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:

Are you kidding me bro?
Is Nigerian the only country with a port and heavy vehicles?
Get serious please or close it up.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by phantom(m): 11:58am On Aug 21, 2015
sleemfesh:

Are you kidding me bro?
typical example of how low this forums quality has dropped in the past 3 years. A pity really.
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by asha80(m): 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2015
sleemfesh:

Are you kidding me bro?
what is the condition of the rail of those other countries at their ports? All other countries that have the same volume of tonnage of goods entering and leaving their country do they have the only one area their port is functioning?
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by phantom(m): 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
what is the condition of the rail of those other countries at their ports? All other countries that have the same volume of tonnage of goods entering and leaving their country do they have the only one area their port is functioning?
you get time.
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by asha80(m): 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
phantom:
you get time.
it is just annoying seeing Nigerians that are not aware of why certain things are they in this country
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
sleemfesh:

Are you kidding me bro?

Hmmm, I think I also subscribe to your line of reasoning.

In Texas, there are always mega huge trucks on the interstate constantly, but the road is always well maintained.

I believe that road does not have to get that bad before maintainance is carried out. Afterall, they are generating lots of money there.
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by sleemfesh: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
VaselineCrew2:

Hmmm, I think I also subscribe to your line of reasoning.

In Texas, there are always mega huge trucks on the interstate constantly, but the road is always well maintained.

I believe that road does not have to get that bad before maintainance is carried out. Afterall, they are generating lots of money there.

Chikena. This road was always being maintained in the last 3 years plus I have towed it. That's what is expected. It is a busy and crucial road. Railway is good but the containers must have to be removed from the ports first. There is no escaping it. This road is less than 500 meters from the berths.
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by sleemfesh: 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
it is just annoying seeing Nigerians that are not aware of why certain things are they in this country

You will think that you are making sense but failing to see u r making an assz of yourself. This road is less than 500m from the very place ships berth. With rails, the containers will still have to be transported to the rail for loading. You use rails to remove it from the city not the port. Grow some sense.
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
sleemfesh:

Chikena. This road was always being maintained in the last e years plus I have towed it. That's what is expected. It is a busy and crucial road. Railway is good but the containers must have to be removed from the ports first. There is no escaping it. This road is less than 500 meters from the berths.

I feel you hombre
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by asha80(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
sleemfesh:

You will think that you are making sense but failing to see u r making an assz of yourself. This road is less than 500m from the very place ships berth. With rails, the containers will still have to be transported to the rail for loading. You use rails to remove it from the city not the port. Grow some sense.
have you being to ports in developed countries?
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by phantom(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
asha80:
have you being to ports in developed countries?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Terrible State Of Tin Can Island Port Road by christejames(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
This anomaly would hv been corrected with JK Agbaje on the seat of government but the myopic view and ethnic chauvinism of most people from this zone saw this golden opportunity slip their hands... Its really terrible!

(1) (Reply)

Why Are YAMS Condemning FFK Over Olu Falae's Abduction Statement? / Regrets Of A Revolution? Libya After Qaddafi / Former President Obasanjo Had A Tire Blowout On His Way To The Airport In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.