Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Prostitution, Would You Sacrifice This Much For Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prostitution, Would You Sacrifice This Much For Family? (969 Views)

My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian / Parenting: How Much Can You Sacrifice To Have Your Wife Pregnant / "Men Should Marry More Than One Wife!" - Kenyan MP's Solution to Prostitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prostitution, Would You Sacrifice This Much For Family? by dianah(f): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
I grew up in Benin city, I watched a lot of families send their daughters, wives, mothers to Italy to 'work', I watched it become so 'normal' that almost every family had an 'Italo babe'.

As much as this should not define the entire Benin Kingdom, it is an unfortunate truth...well, it used to be in the 90's, it has relatively eased over the years.
I recall the first case of the 'Italo' syndrome was with a girl called 'B'.
B's family was soooooooo poor it was heart breaking. The dad was a security man, the mom roasted fish for sale, and the kids where like 20! Okay, I know that's an exaggeration, but they were at least 10 kids, leaving in a 1 bedroom flat. They all looked malnourished, and there was always this rumour that you should only buy fish while it was still being roasted, as if kept overnight, they were stored in the toilet because there was no space in the house!
We avoided their fish like a plague!
Fast forward to the late 90's, I was in Secondary School then.. the eldest daughter B disappeared for a while, amidst rumours of prostitution in Italy trailing the family, I have no proof, but we saw some changes that shut us all up.
B's troublesome brothers became the kids with the designer clothes, they were building a new house and demolishing the old. They now had the biggest house in the street, wore arguably the most expensive outfits, they were no longer malnourished but chubby! READ MORE
http://www.dianahsplace.com/2015/08/prostitution-would-you-sacrifice-this.html

Visit: www.dianahsplace.com
Follow on twitter: @dianahsplace

Re: Prostitution, Would You Sacrifice This Much For Family? by jimohibrahim(m): 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
I'm a guy... So that's not an option or excuse..
Re: Prostitution, Would You Sacrifice This Much For Family? by chocolateme(f): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
Peacemakers..
Its an option but not an excuse.
Re: Prostitution, Would You Sacrifice This Much For Family? by Chidoks(f): 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
it's wrong in my opinion.no child should be subjected to the mighty task of providing for the family.i'm even against sending them out to hawk in order to contrbute to the home.parents should team up and make ends meet in their home not imposong their responsibilities on growing children.prostitutuon is way out of it!
Re: Prostitution, Would You Sacrifice This Much For Family? by cococandy(f): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Couldn't they find something else to do?

That's not a sacrifice.
Re: Prostitution, Would You Sacrifice This Much For Family? by Captainswag225(m): 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
yeah it is.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Family Safety: Never Pour Water Into A Burning Oil Fire. / Ladies, Would You Prefer Your Husband To Be A Good Cook Or Not? / My Desire To Marry Myself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.