Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It (1665 Views)

End Of Danfo Buses As First Set Of Brand New Buses Arrive - Video / Uber's Self-driving Car Just Killed A Pedestrian. / 6 Ways To Spot A Flood Damaged Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by autocraft(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
This car is Honda Accord 2013Model....it arrived few month back....as seen in the diagram, we just started working on it

Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by sultaan(m): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Why will someone ship something like that?

And the clueless buyer with think Honda or nothing
Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by mayor2013: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Following per sec
Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
Can this car be revived?
Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by adanny01(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
sultaan:
Why will someone ship something like that?

And the clueless buyer with think Honda or nothing

Lets discuss it please.

A flooded car will have serious electrical issues. I think electronics will be most affected. It may also depend on whether an attempt to start it was made which will fry electronics. If worked on very well that car can be very cheap to buy at the end.

In the long run, the car will be prone to alot of problems.

1 Like

Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by mayor2013: 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
autocraft:
This car is Honda Accord 2013Model....it arrived few month back....as seen in the diagram, we just started working on it

Would have love to buy some components on that ride undecided

1 Like

Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by lonelydora: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
I pity the person that will finally buy this car. He will blame his village men for witchcraft when the car starts misbehaving.

In case, you decide to sell it in parts, i will buy the OXYGEN SENSORS and the ABS SENSORS.
Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by Readonee35L(m): 8:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
following!!! i love this
but flooded vehicles get evil spirit oh,
When it starts ehn, switching on the ac can turn on another function like switching on head light too grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by luvinhubby(m): 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
Radio CD player.
Navigation system
ECU (Brain box)
Steering module
Odometer
Air bag module
Seat contol motors
Fuse boxes
Door control panels

These are some of the items that may have to be replaced and most of them you will have to order. At the end of the day, cost implications of buying a clean car will be better.

Just my thought.

1 Like

Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by femicousim: 12:42am On Aug 22, 2015
luvinhubby:
Radio CD player.
Navigation system
ECU (Brain box)
Steering module
Odometer
Air bag module
Seat contol motors
Fuse boxes
Door control panels

These are some of the items that may have to be replaced and most of them you will have to order. At the end of the day, cost implications of buying a clean car will be better.

Just my thought.

those are ancilliary parts
1st thing1st
did water get into the engine and/or transmission i.e engine and/or gear might need replacement

2nd thing 2nd
wire harness needs to be replaced

then other ancilliary components/ parts
Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by Originalsly: 2:55am On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmm...flooded by salt water?....forget about driving again. Fresh water?....depends on the depth and how long..but from the pic...looks serious. Replacement parts would be an arm and a leg...and after all... there would be no end to electrical problems. I think it is wiser to part out the undamaged and very saleable parts such as doors, hood, trunk, headlights,etc...parts which others would desperately need. Afterall,...parting out a car always bring more money than selling it as a unit.
Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by luvinhubby(m): 9:36am On Aug 22, 2015
femicousim:

those are ancilliary parts
1st thing1st
did water get into the engine and/or transmission i.e engine and/or gear might need replacement

2nd thing 2nd
wire harness needs to be replaced

then other ancilliary components/ parts
The engine & gear can easily be remedied by thorough fluid flush, but those electrical components are fried.

1 Like

Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by billy187(m): 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
Interesting one there Op...how much was she?

It might be quite feasible to undertake such a project in naija, as labour costs will be low.

.On the other hand, the electronics on that recent model car will definitely be a handful...I really wanna see how things pan out.

following sharply
Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by adanny01(m): 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

The engine & gear can easily be remedied by thorough fluid flush, but those electrical components are fried.

The electronics will be fried upon powering up. So, if no attempt to start was made, its better. Most Electrical parts in the engine bay are protected against water. It will no stop water from entering fuse box and other few parts. The major problem is in the interior.
Re: A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It by AUTOCHECKN: 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
Haaaa I had to refer a Client to read this after running a Vehicle History Report which indicated that the vehicle was flooded and the dealer wants to sell the car at all means.

If you do your homework well, you wont fall into such trap

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, How Can I Get Road Worthiness Of My Car? / In Need Of A Good Peugeot Electrician For My Peugeot 307. PH Base / I Need A 2005 Toyota Corolla For Purchase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.