Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

I Need Your Advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Your Advice (704 Views)

Please I Need Your Advice....... Thinking Of Forfeit My Admission For ACA / I Need Your Advice NL On Low GP / What Do I Do Next?..(please I Need Your Advice).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by olalekan2017(m): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please is mechanical engineering a good course in nigeria. And will people employ me and will i get money from it in nigeria
Re: I Need Your Advice by raayah(f): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
olalekan2017:
Please is mechanical engineering a good course in nigeria. And will people employ me and will i get money from it in nigeria

There is job scarcity im Nigeria so be ready to look for employment.

If you work hard in the university and come out on top there wont be any problems.
Re: I Need Your Advice by olalekan2017(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: I Need Your Advice by olalekan2017(m): 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: I Need Your Advice by jaybee3(m): 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
Why mechanical engineering
What are your current skill sets?
What are your future ambitions?
What were your strengths in secondary school?
Re: I Need Your Advice by jaybee3(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
olalekan2017:

and also i liked to construct and fix things, i like maths and physics and i dont like chemistry like that. Is there any other engineering courses that i can do

Constructing things suggests you may be better off as a civil engineer
Fixing things suggests electrical/electronics engineering
Maths and physics points towards the following engineering fields electrical, civil, computer, electronics and mechanical

Read this info:

Mechanical engineers provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant, machinery or vehicles.

They can work on all stages of a product, from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning.

Most industries rely on a form of mechanical systems and mechanical engineering is thought to be one of the most diverse of all engineering disciplines. Due to this, there are employment opportunities in a wide range of sectors, including:

manufacturing;
power;
construction;
medical.
Mechanical engineers can be involved in the management of people and resources, as well as the development and use of new materials and technologies.

Typical work activities
Projects that mechanical engineers work on can vary significantly, from researching and developing medical products (such as mechanical hearts), to improving production processes in large oil refineries or designing services within buildings.

Across all sectors, tasks generally include:

designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability;
developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines;
developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs;
discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
managing projects using engineering principles and techniques;
planning and designing new production processes;
producing details of specifications and outline designs;
recommending modifications following prototype test results;
using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design;
considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector;
monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/mechanical_engineer_job_description.htm
Re: I Need Your Advice by olalekan2017(m): 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
jaybee3:
Why mechanical engineering
What are your current skill sets?
What are your future ambitions?
What were your strengths in secondary school?
i wanted to do automobile and aeronautical engineering but my parent said no. And some that studies mechanical engineering can still design and make the engine of and car and plane and can also make one that is why i chose it. And my sec school performance was great i got a B in maths, physics, chemistry, eng and an A in ict
Re: I Need Your Advice by jaybee3(m): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
olalekan2017:

i wanted to do automobile and aeronautical engineering but my parent said no. And some that studies mechanical engineering can still design and make the engine of and car and plane and can also make one that is why i chose it. And my sec school performance was great i got a B in maths, physics, chemistry, eng and an A in ict

B in maths at secondary school level is very poor. You will almost certainly struggle with engineering if you don't buckle up.
Literally all your modules will be heavily dependent on mathematics

Automobile and aeronautical are restricted so you are right with your assertion on the flexibility that mechanical engineering provides.

Did you do pure and applied maths at secondary school level?
Re: I Need Your Advice by olalekan2017(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
jaybee3:

B in maths at secondary school level is very poor. You will almost certainly struggle with engineering if you don't buckle up.
Literally all your modules will be heavily dependent on mathematics

Automobile and aeronautical are restricted so you are right with your assertion on the flexibility that mechanical engineering provides.

Did you do pure and applied maths at secondary school level?
no
Re: I Need Your Advice by olalekan2017(m): 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Akure School Of Nursing: / Admission Processing 2015/2016 Currently Going On / Follow These Steps And You Will Never Get A Carry Over In The University. / ESUT 2nd Batch Admission List 2015/2016 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.