Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,684 members, 7,851,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:36 PM

Nigerian Doctor To Be Thefirst Black African To Travel To Space (see Picture ) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Doctor To Be Thefirst Black African To Travel To Space (see Picture ) (977 Views)

BBNaija: Miracle Ikechukwu Igbokwe And His Mother Travel To His Hometown / Davido And His Crew Sleeping In A Car As They Travel To Ekiti (Pics, Video) / Khoudia Diop Charcoal Black African Model Who Doesn't Believe In Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctor To Be Thefirst Black African To Travel To Space (see Picture ) by smarty256: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2015

SEE FULL PHOTOS HERE

A Nigerian man, Freeman Osonuga has been shortlisted as one of the lucky human beings to travel to space.
Osonuga, a medicine and surgery graduate from Olabisi Onabanjo University, was selected through the Rising Star programme, which was launched at the One Young World Summit 2014 in Dublin. The programme invited both One Young World ambassadors and outstanding members of the public aged 18-30 to nominate themselves to take on the trip of a lifetime.

If selected for the programme one will not only embark on a once in a lifetime flight to space but will also be offered a three-year management contract. He will be the first black African to fly to space. Osonuga is a 2015 WIRED Innovation fellow. He will be speaking live on stage at the WIRED 2015 conference in October in London. In late 2014, at the peak of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, he worked as a volunteer worked with the African Union team of Ebola responders for 6 months in Sierra Leone.
Re: Nigerian Doctor To Be Thefirst Black African To Travel To Space (see Picture ) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
see u in heaven. u dey go space undecided mtchew
Re: Nigerian Doctor To Be Thefirst Black African To Travel To Space (see Picture ) by Yustash001(m): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
I thought only astronauts travel to space...I don't know when doctors started travelling to space...
Re: Nigerian Doctor To Be Thefirst Black African To Travel To Space (see Picture ) by HDee(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
I smell rat undecided
Re: Nigerian Doctor To Be Thefirst Black African To Travel To Space (see Picture ) by maxhype: 11:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
take to the skies

(1) (Reply)

£145,000 Medical Bill Of Mother Of Quintuplets Paid By London Hospital / SERIOUSLY! BOVI Caught Starring At Woman's Behind (PHOTO) / I Feel Like Licking Toke Makinwa In This Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.