Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Quality Tips On Delivering Great Presentations - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Quality Tips On Delivering Great Presentations (352 Views)

3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos / Giving Excellent Presentations / General Tips On How To Attain Excellence In The Legal Profession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quality Tips On Delivering Great Presentations by sundayslim(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
I recently had to deliver training to staff of one of our partner companies, and during the course of this training, someone asked: "How do you structure your presentations? Can you give some tips?"

At this point I knew I had to give a quick response and "package" my answer; and this led me to the following points:

1. Simplicity: A good presentation should have that quality of simplicity. Don't pack your talk with too much information and ideas.

2. Keep it clear: Explain the topic as you would to a beginner. This goes a long way in keeping your audience interested; as they would all want to hear the next thing you have to say.

3. Talk more and read less: Every good presentation is interactive. Reading out content directly from books or slides during a class gives the impression that you are not well prepared.

4. Don't rush: Trying to beat time usually leads to rushing. You can easily overcome this by rehearsing your presentation before the class. Preparation is key.

5. Use slides: Some may not totally agree with this, but I feel that using slides helps to provide a backbone for the class. It's a lot easier to keep yourself in check, especially if you've digressed a bit in order to drive home a point (usually answering students' questions) and give that training session a good structure.

6. Keep it lively: Study your audience and taking note of body language is a very vital part of every presentation. I usually take time out (a few minutes) to crack a joke and keep everyone in tune, as we proceed from there.

I felt very comfortable with my answer to that question, and I hope you do too.

At some point in your life, you are bound to find yourself in a position where you have to deliver presentations, and so much would be expected of you. I hope this points help you.

What other tips would you recommend?
lalasticlala ishilove

(1) (Reply)

*must Read* How To Make Money Online Using Your Writing Skills / Revit 3d Architecture Week Start 26th To 30th Oct 2015 / Discover The Powerful Features In Autodesk MAYA Upcoming Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.