Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes (3822 Views)

Ghanaian Landlord Drinks Beer After His Arrest For Land Scam (Photo) / Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? / Ambode Bans Land Grabbing (Omonile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by chi2top: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
LAGOS OMONILE LEGALIZED LAND SCAM- VICTIMS PETITION TREAD
PLEASE READ WITH ATTENTION AND IF YOU HAVE BEEN A VICTIM POST YOUR STORY HERE AND SEND YOUR Email to chi4lawyer@hotmail.com to sign a petition to the attention of Lagos State Governor, Lagos State House of Assembly and house of reps.

Lagos a city for everyone, with its diversity in land investment is the ever changing omonile land scam and the latest involves the court and police. And the purpose of this tread is to draw the attention of The Lagos State Governor, Attorney General, House of Rep and House of assembly to this scam been perpetrated by the Omonile using the police and courts within their jurisdiction.

HERE IS A SCENARIO:
You buy a plot or plots of land with deed of assignment and years later the children or relatives of the signatories will lay claim to the land demanding settlement, knowing fully well that the signatories are late. Their claims are usually of inheritance or the community sold their fathers land without their consent, when a new buyer comes in (usually called omo-Ibo) none of this will be disclosed to him or her, waiting for omo-Ibo signature money (about N300k-1m) and foundation money (N200k to 500K) to be paid and issued with a new deed of assignment by the family. Omo-Ibo has fresh or new money to be scammed with threat, manipulation, and intimidation into negotiations- if you have not started work N500k-N1m if you have started- double wahala, you will stop work start begging (when you start begging you have raised their stake)

HERE IS A TRUE LIFE STORY:

My client bought a piece of land for N9million belonging to a Yoruba man ( who bought from the family year 2000 ) with Alhaji Simple and Muniru Ogunleye agents to the sale, paid agency fee N450k and the property was loaded with N1million, family signature N400k, foundation N200k. The seller is a direct buyer from the late family members, so did not budge to their scam neither is he ready to build, so omonile’s are patient. My client started construction of a duplex, few weeks later 3 men came to his site claiming ownership and settlement, he declined. Called simple and muniru they told my client to negotiate or loss his land. Next day police from Area command came to stop my client and his workers (Police station matter hmm) based on a doctored petition of trespass and malicious damage. Within days there is a court order from the high court Epe (so quick) with his name, now to remove his name and continue his work or face the court process that can last 2 years and have his over N25million investment on hold, as these jobless guys have nothing to lose, he had to pay N1m settlement. This was callous and insensitive to humanity.
NOW my finding as bragged by muniru ogunleye is that the DPO, Area commander, high Court judge and Sheriff, plus babalawo are all on his payroll and there is no way out unless he pays the settlement amount and we realized these guys have a very tight game, but is the Lagos state governor and attorney General aware of this game of Extortion, scam been perpetrated by these omoniles and involvement of their jurisdiction offices? Advisers and legal representatives to these scams are rogue lawyers who advises these guys around the laws to gain relevance.

I believe hardworking citizens should not be scammed of their investment nor loss their money to men of this nature ( omoniles), to afford a life style of hotel rooms, luxury cars M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 and a luxury houses?, during my investigation of the activities of these men I had emotional confessions of how peoples land are been sold by these guys with no regards for customary nor state laws.
When a man has the right to sell the property of another or extort money through threats and manipulations and the police and courts aides his actions, it’s either the laws are not been enforced or its abused or there is none.

I have decided to put a petition to the Lagos state Governor, House of Assembly and house of reps to address this legalized fraud been perpetrated targeting law abiding citizens that have or want to make Lagos their home or investment center. kindly join this fight by sending an email and posting your experience here.

3 Likes

Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by DickDastardly(m): 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
This must be probed. angry

Buhari over to you grin
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by ladyF(f): 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
Imagine shocked
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nawa o minuru ati ambali, and dis dey happen for lagos ? But Shey dis men no get heart at all?
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by FastShipping: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
If I buy land anywhere in Lagos, make dogs eat my fingers.

1 Like

Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by hbrednic: 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
FastShipping:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by gabbytabby: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
In my case I bought a land in 1991/92 and in 1996 judgement was granted to the owners of the land. The original sellers were their agents but they claimed that they did not hand over the money to them.

In 1998 when we wanted to build a bungalow, they demanded another fresh payment for the land and then foundation and roofing.They also got some more money at fencing stage which we had to do as we got wind that they were attempting to encroach to sell to another.

In 2015 i started to build the main building and again they came round. We dragged we pulled they introduced land being bigger than what was on the receipt when they were the ones who placed the beacons on each plot and when it was bought it was on the understanding that it was a corner piece and they had subsequently sold the side road ss plot. When i thought we had an agreement on all fronts, I paid a total of 950k with another 250k due to ensure that I get all the necessary papers. Despite all the goodwill they have refused to give the necessary documentation and so things are currently in limbo. I understand that they do this slippery slope and you are held to perpetual ransom.

At least we have all 3 receipts and now insist paying into a bank account for record purposes.

We have completed the build so on that front there is no issue. I just need to get all the other documentation. The man is an 80plus grandfather and the the chief imam of Agege central mosque and they keep doing all this but expect you to take them seriously. As a yoruba you give his age respect but at this point I am pushed to the wall.

The one that I bought in Ajah was relatively more straight forward. The agent was omonile so his job was to get all the documentation and I asked for written statement of all the charges before I bought the land.

The state government needs to do something about all the scam.

2 Likes

Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
FastShipping:

Wait, you mean you don't want to spend N5 million on raft foundation? grin
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by FastShipping: 12:02am On Aug 22, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Wait, you mean you don't want to spend N5 million on raft foundation? grin

For these reasons:

1. Lagos Omo Onile scam - I am the no nonsense type. I don't want to be charged for murder once I descend on a scammer called Omo Onile. It is better I avoid anything to do with any Omo Onile. I don't cheat people and can't take it when I find out someone just cheated me.

2. Filth - Is there a place in Lagos where filth is not visible? Banana Island, Lekki, VI and Ikoyi are just two miles away from mountain of filth.

3. Deforestation - There are no trees or greenery in Lagos. At this stage of my life, I won't build a house where there are hardly trees. I can't do without trees and green grass. I rather have 100s or 1000s of trees as neighbors than human.

4. Overpopulation - Too many people in Lagos. I keep wondering why every Tom, D1ck and Harry concentrate in that place with zero road or urban planning. I couldn't buy a land in a state or city where neighbor's house is about 5-10ft away from me. I decided to buy about 90 miles away from Ikeja.

5. Pollution - Noise, air, and land pollution are out of control.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by chi2top: 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
good responses with very emotional stories will post random stories in due time shocked
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by wytecat: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2015
@Op, you are Ibo right? So you have no right to drag land with anyone in Lagos, you should just be renting only. You know some communities in the SS have law put in place against selling lands to you, and Yoruba will soon follow suit. The omoniles all over Lagos need to declare an all out war on any Ibo trying to own land from now on.

No Yoruba should join you in this, and Ambode shouldn't even pay your petition any attention.

I know some foolish Yoruba bastardds are going to be falling over themselves to hop on your charade, not knowing that you see this as a way to get one over on your "enemies"(Yoruba) and you won't hesitate to stick one to them, as you see it as warfare.

The entire Lekki/Ajah axis is ijebu land, and our traditional rulers and families own lands not govt. Aliens like Ibos should be given land leases for 15 years and renew after every 5 years.
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by glogirl(f): 12:32am On Aug 23, 2015
Fast shipping,

If we were all living abroad like you, then we wont think about building in Lagos also.
The truth is that people MUST live in Lagos.
White collar workers have more opportunities in Lagos.Most of them are employed here then transferred to other states.
Blue collar workers earn more money in Lagos than other states hence the migration.
Business moves faster in Lagos because of the ports and the huge population too.
Artisans from even togo and cotonou are in lagos for higher pay.
Most companies have thier headquarters in lagos; physical presence and nearness to relevant stakeholders are important.
Some us detest lagos but have no option.

1 Like

Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by gabbytabby: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2015
Does anyone know if the lagos state property protection bill has been signed to law.
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by kopell: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Guys this is not a joke! It is now going on all around the country, in my story 4 cases which took place in AJAH, IKORODU, GHOSA ALONG Airport Road in Abuja lastly ABUJA Area call Buhari FO2 very close to Nigeria LAW School. All this cases are still pending. The Abuja case is the worst, it is a federal land that is 90% paid for, expect the annual ground rent that I stopped paying since I cant develop the land. GHOSA was another location that was taken over by 7th lower House of Assembly just because of the location. After the whole place has been paid for by NSCDC cooperative with all government fees land survey and site plan, with Abuja developing control. It is still in court pending till today. This is just some of the impunity going on in the country were citizens has no rights just because they are impoverish. In Buhari, the locals stopped me from working on my site just because they said government has not compensated them for the land, forcefully taking over the land from them. This was the land I bought from the original alloties with AGIS since 2009. In this case the locals planted cashew trees and yams on the land in which they requested for a compensation of each roots of the trees planted at N500 per a root, after calculating the amount of compensation totaled up to 1.2Million Naira. I negotiated for N600,000 but they refused, this was dragged all the way to the local chief of the town. The local police chief advised me to go to court. After talking to a lawyer, the lawyer advised me to try and negotiate with them as the case might sit in court for a long period of time and I had limited time to spend in Nigeria. In this same Buhari the story I was told the guy opposite me was magistrate judge the stop him because he to wont pay the 1.2M the asking from him to compensate them for their cashew trees that was purposely planted on his land as well. Can you imagine if a sitting magistrate judge can not take a fight up with this locals that has their all the way to FCT minister by then who am I? that only spent one month to stay in Nigeria to take fight with this people.
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by chi2top: 7:47am On Aug 24, 2015
I believe you do not understand the economics of Lagos and how it is interwoven with diversity. Selling or leasing a land is a choice by agreement and the evolution of Lagos was an ancestral vision that should be appreciated by descendants, instead we have lazy descendants looking to reap the fruits of others. This is not a warfare, but a reality of whats happening. here is food of thought for your consumption: what do you think will be the value of real estate in Lagos without its diversity? i guess you never thought about that ? i can inform you a 3 bedroom flat will be renting for 100k with abeg from landlords. yes
wytecat:
@Op, you are Ibo right? So you have no right to drag land with anyone in Lagos, you should just be renting only. You know some communities in the SS have law put in place against selling lands to you, and Yoruba will soon follow suit. The omoniles all over Lagos need to declare an all out war on any Ibo trying to own land from now on.

No Yoruba should join you in this, and Ambode shouldn't even pay your petition any attention.

I know some foolish Yoruba bastardds are going to be falling over themselves to hop on your charade, not knowing that you see this as a way to get one over on your "enemies"(Yoruba) and you won't hesitate to stick one to them, as you see it as warfare.

The entire Lekki/Ajah axis is ijebu land, and our traditional rulers and families own lands not govt. Aliens like Ibo's should be given land leases for 15 years and renew after every 5 years.
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by chi2top: 9:45am On Sep 06, 2015
happy sunday
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by PearlStreet(m): 2:20am On Sep 07, 2015
Firstly, after buying land, you should cultivate some sort of relationship with the Family that sold as well as people living/working around.

When negotiating with the Omonile boys, try to observe them who is their leader. Get his phone number and give him a call in private. Tell him that you want him to supply you some building materials for your project, but if his boys insist on the amount they are demanding, you would give someone else the supply contract. He would be the one to whittle down the price because of what he stands to gain.

In cases where families are involved, get the contact of the family head and repeat the above process.

Whenever the family wants to sign, always insist that one of the children of the Family Head or the youth leader himself signs as a witness.

Buying land in Lagos is very easy and interesting, but you need to know how to handle the Omonile guys.
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by chi2top: 8:23am On Oct 23, 2015
thx guys, petition will be submitted next week.
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by benbertie: 4:39am On Oct 25, 2017
ARE YOU AWARE THAT:
1. Without a grant of probate and /or letters of administration, no Vendor or Seller [whether family members or otherwise] possesses the requisite authority to sell the estate or property of a deceased person? Hence Search at the Probate Registry is vital.
2. The consent of the principal members and head of the family or community to the sales transaction needs to be obtained so as not to make the sales transaction void or voidable?
3. If the Title of a Land is defective, whoever buys a House built on such a Land is merely a tenant at the mercy of the true Owner with a valid legal Title to the Land? The Legal Maxim: “quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit” in very instructive. It simply means that whatever is affixed or planted to a land belongs to the land.
4. It is the duty of the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser to prepare the Documents which includes: Contract of Sale; and Deed of Assignment; or Deed of Sub-Lease; or Deed of Conveyance; or Deed of Transfer; or Power of Attorney; as the case may be? The rationale for which the duty of preparation of the Documents is on the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser flows from the right of the Buyer or Purchase to the non - reversionary interest of the property.

You need to know how to go about the process of buying and owning a Property in Nigeria. There are several Laws which govern and regulate the process. Hence, usually, it is time and capital intensive. On Property transactions, the legal maxim is apt: “Caveat Emptor” - Buyers Beware. It is not for a Seller to beware. A Buyer needs to exercise full caution and due diligence when buying a property.

Read the full Article https://www.nairaland.com/4136950/guide-how-buy-property-land#61743909
Re: Ajah Police, High Court Epe Aiding Omonile Land Scam Schemes by scopinie(f): 2:43am On Mar 26, 2021

(1) (Reply)

4 Bedroom Apartment For Sale @ Lsdpc Estate Glover Street Yaba / Affordable Lands At Prosperity Garden Housing Estate Attan Ota / For Sale- 6br Duplex With 3br Bq @ Atunrase Estate. Gbagada ( Pix Attached )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.