Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach (33915 Views)

Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / 'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) / Catholic Priest (rev. Alex Okafor) Dies During Send Off Party In Lagos Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by ijustdey: 3:36am On Aug 22, 2015
BY GILBERT EKEZIE AND EMEKA ANOKWURU

The Catholic community in Lagos is yet to come to terms with the tragic death of Rev. Francis Alex Okafor. The man drowned during a send-forth party organised in his honour at the Ibeshe Beach in Oriade Lo­cal Council Development Area of the state. Eyewitness account said, while Rev. Okafor and some of his guests were swimming, a strong current came and carried him, together with some of the people. Divers who were immediately mo­bilised were able to rescue three of them, while Rev Okafor could not be found. Two days after, his lifeless body was found floating at the edge of the sea.

Rev. Okafor who was in his 30s, was ordained Deacon on July 4, 2015, and was subsequently posted to St. Stephen’s Catholic Church, Agboju, Lagos for the mandatory six weeks apostolic work.

When Saturday Sun visited the par­ish within the week, the whole place wore sombre look. There were no ac­tivities in the premises. The few peo­ple around were in groups, obviously discussing the incident.

Describing the incident as a rude shock, Mr. Percy Okuofo, president of Redemption Youth Vocation Ministry (RYVM), the group which organised the ill-fated send-forth, told Saturday Sun that the late Reverend was an ex­cellent example to the youths.

According to him, “By Catho­lic rules, before one could become a priest, he must have undergone about nine years of intensive and rigorous training, which also involves an apos­tolic work in a Catholic church. This would enable him to get acquainted with all it takes to celebrate a mass and acquire more experience in the vari­ous aspects of church administration. For the late Rev he has already been ordained a deacon, and waiting to be ordained a priest next year.

“Having completed the six weeks apostolic work at St. Stephen’s Catho­lic Church Agboju, the late Okafor was full of joy and was warming up to meet his family in Zaria. The Par­ish Priest Rev. Father Michael Okoh, the parishioners and the members of the church planned a colourful send-forth for him on Sunday, August 16, after which he would leave for further engagements.”

Ahead of the proposed sent-forth party, the youths of the church under the umbrella of RSYVM, decided to organise the beach party for him.

Battling to control his tears, Okuofo said: “while some of the youths and the late Reverend were swimming, three of them, including the clergy were swept away by a strong current and vanished in the water. Onlookers and other swimmers were surprised at what had happened and immediately went on a rescue mission.

“Luckily, some divers around were able to save two of the youths, a boy and a girl, while Okafor’s body could not be found. We kept monitoring the area till his bloated body surfaced.”

During the Service of Songs organ­ised by the church, Priest in-charge, Rev Fr Michael Okoh described the late Okafor as an obedient servant of God and a hardworking gentleman who did his best to lift the church within the short period he came.

The late Okafor who hailed from Anambra State, was trained by his single mother. He was to be ordained priest in July 2016, after about nine years training. It was also learnt that he was the only son of his parents.

Meanwhile, the Lagos State Police Command confirmed the incident and described it as unfortunate.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/catholic-clergy-drowns-in-lagos-beach/

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by HungerBAD: 3:37am On Aug 22, 2015
Rest in Peace Padre.

God knows best.

13 Likes

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by bewla(m): 4:00am On Aug 22, 2015
um story for another day
Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by INTROVERT(f): 4:05am On Aug 22, 2015
this kinda send forth party self at the beach.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by HungerBAD: 4:11am On Aug 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
this kinda send forth party self at the beach.

You be Ajebutter? where u suppose use SEF you dey put SELF, no spoil pidgin abegi.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by Bilabong(m): 4:44am On Aug 22, 2015
They really sent him forth.
Him go don reach by now.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by saheedbadmus(m): 5:04am On Aug 22, 2015
na so mammi water take carry rev francis go o chai...rip to Rev...but wait o shey rev father think say naija beach na like oyinbos o he don forget say strong marine power wey fit conquer anything except for God dey exist most especially inside beach water

7 Likes

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by Pavore9: 6:04am On Aug 22, 2015
So sad.
Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by menesheh(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2015
Where is jesus

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by kevoh(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2015
undecided
Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:
Where is jesus

when the solution is simple he is answering grin

5 Likes

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by tobtap: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2015
sad....rest in peace priest

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by tucky200(m): 11:17am On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:
Where is jesus
pls stop thinking with ur anus...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by lekjons(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2015
iyemoja at work!!
Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by free2ryhme: 11:18am On Aug 22, 2015
angry
Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by Sweetcollins: 11:18am On Aug 22, 2015
Lord save us!

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by EmagNig(m): 11:18am On Aug 22, 2015
too bad

1 Like

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 22, 2015
Why must a Reverend's send-forth be held at the beach?
Wondering if beaches never existed in the times of Apostle Paul, Timothy, Jesus. etc
Singing - Give me that old time RELIGION 3X
Its good enough for me.

When good things happen... Men would say "Its God"
When bad things happen.... They's say "God works in mysterious ways" whereas we humans are the cause of our problems.
RIP REVEREND[i][/i]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by EmagNig(m): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2015
MEILYN:
Advert

I am Samson Idoko by name,
I live in Lagos Nigeria.
Email: samsonidoko3@gmail.com
Tel: 2347033377498.

News Blog Business.

The business I have is one that so many people have gone into, many have failed and few have been successful. The ones that have failed are those that refused to work hard to achieve their aims, the successful ones are those with sound minds and determination. I am going to leave you with this quote from one of my mentors. "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand". Vince Lombardi.

Without determination we won't know our true potentials. I am not here to scam anyone. I will only work with those who are ready to meet with me one on one for discussions on how to kick start this very lucrative business.

"Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value". Albert Einstein.

This business requires thousands of Naira to set up. We could make millions together if you could raise the funds while I do the work and make returns monthly. Another mentor of mine ones said "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress, working together is success" Henry Ford.

Please read carefully the below business proposal I have for you and see how much we could make in a short period of time.

Introduction

There are millions of websites on the Internet but if you pay attention you will find out that only few stand out. Anybody could own and manage a website but not everyone can make a website successful and profitable. Before I go into details, I will like to explain what a news blog is about.

A news blog is an online information Centre. This platform makes it easy for Internet users to get the latest information at the tip of their fingers. Examples of News websites are: Lindaikeji..com, Naij.com, Ynaija.com, Pulse.ng etc.

Websites like Pulse.ng and Naij.com are very popular and I believe they make hundreds of thousands, if not up to a million in a month. We all should understand that these websites are either owned by rich people or people who came together with ideas, funds and implementation.

Blogging is a business, I don't have the money to set up a website that could compete, but I have the ideas to build an empire of wealth through blogging, if the funds are made available.

I can explain everything one on one to you, If you wish. Writing everything here would take 100 pages.

I already have the key things to make money with blogging.

1) Google Adsense
2) A website name and a domain
3) Ability to write

What we need

1) Funds for Advertising
2) Funds to buy the best host that can compete.
3) A very good template (Blog Design)

That Is all we need to build an empire.....

Please call me with the phone number I provided above and I will explain further. I have come to realize that people don't read too much long epistles in this part of the world, so I will prefer if you call me.

Thanks......
seems you want to get banned, right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2015
Foolish man.... Just look at. He wants to enjoy beach life like an ordinary married man. This is one of the reasons why I said one time before that the Church needs to call a third Vatican council to discuss "The Catholic Priesthood in the 21st century viz a viz Modernism and Secularism: The way forward". How I wish I was born in the time of St Peter, St Basil and St Lawrence. These were people who knew what it means to be a pillar in the church of Christ.

There was a reason Christ had these following sets of people: The Apostles, The Disciples and the crowd. The Apostles were expected to have a higher level of discipline and sense of detachment from the world. If these was the case, WHAT CARRIED THE PRIEST TO THE BEACH? IS THE BEACH THE ONLY PLACE TO CELEBRATE A SENDFORTH PARTY? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PARISH COMPOUND? OH I GET IT.... BIKINI WEARING GIRLS WERE PROLLY INVITED.... MTCHEEW.

All the same, I believe in my heart that his time was up at that particular moment.... Thats why he died at that Beach. If he was on the road when his time was up, I guess accident go sure pass.... Thats the way I understand this world ooo. All these people asking where Christ was should mind what they say.

#RIP THOUGH COMRADE

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by chinex276(m): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2015
may d soul of all faithful departed tru d mercy of God rest in Peace.

7 Likes

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by NoRetreat(m): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2015
RIP. We are in the raining season people should becareful of the ocean surge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by EmagNig(m): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2015
MEILYN:
Advert

I am Samson Idoko by name,
I live in Lagos Nigeria.
Email: samsonidoko3@gmail.com
Tel: 2347033377498.

News Blog Business.

The business I have is one that so many people have gone into, many have failed and few have been successful. The ones that have failed are those that refused to work hard to achieve their aims, the successful ones are those with sound minds and determination. I am going to leave you with this quote from one of my mentors. "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand". Vince Lombardi.

Without determination we won't know our true potentials. I am not here to scam anyone. I will only work with those who are ready to meet with me one on one for discussions on how to kick start this very lucrative business.

"Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value". Albert Einstein.

This business requires thousands of Naira to set up. We could make millions together if you could raise the funds while I do the work and make returns monthly. Another mentor of mine ones said "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress, working together is success" Henry Ford.

Please read carefully the below business proposal I have for you and see how much we could make in a short period of time.

Introduction

There are millions of websites on the Internet but if you pay attention you will find out that only few stand out. Anybody could own and manage a website but not everyone can make a website successful and profitable. Before I go into details, I will like to explain what a news blog is about.

A news blog is an online information Centre. This platform makes it easy for Internet users to get the latest information at the tip of their fingers. Examples of News websites are: Lindaikeji..com, Naij.com, Ynaija.com, Pulse.ng etc.

Websites like Pulse.ng and Naij.com are very popular and I believe they make hundreds of thousands, if not up to a million in a month. We all should understand that these websites are either owned by rich people or people who came together with ideas, funds and implementation.

Blogging is a business, I don't have the money to set up a website that could compete, but I have the ideas to build an empire of wealth through blogging, if the funds are made available.

I can explain everything one on one to you, If you wish. Writing everything here would take 100 pages.

I already have the key things to make money with blogging.

1) Google Adsense
2) A website name and a domain
3) Ability to write

What we need

1) Funds for Advertising
2) Funds to buy the best host that can compete.
3) A very good template (Blog Design)

That Is all we need to build an empire.....

Please call me with the phone number I provided above and I will explain further. I have come to realize that people don't read too much long epistles in this part of the world, so I will prefer if you call me.

Thanks......
seems you want to get banned, right ... these moderators are not smiling oooo

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2015
Bilabong:
They really sent him forth.
Him go don reach by now.

grin grin
Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by ademiD(f): 11:21am On Aug 22, 2015
RIP
Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by j4sure(m): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2015
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. RIP
Re: Rev. Francis Alex-Okafor Dies In Lagos Beach by Kingkamal(m): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2015
Why xtian go go beach for send forth it doesn't make sense I doubt this people

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! / Joshua Iginla Gives A Widow & 95-Year-Old Man Money, Exotic Cars (Pics) / Pastor Frank Chuks Holding Gun On A Church Program Poster In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.