Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment (11664 Views)

Police Warn Over Placing Adverts For Drivers And Maids In Public / How To Identify A Fake Recruitment Outfit / Fake Recruitment Address In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by helpinghands(m): 3:36am On Aug 22, 2015
The Nigeria Police on Friday warned youths seeking to join the Force against buying recruitment forms from persons parading themselves as agents.

The Force made it known in a statement that there had been an overwhelming interest by many Nigerian youths to join the police force after President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval of the recruitment of 10,000 police officers.

The President had warned on Thursday that the police should not extort intending applicants.

The Force had, therefore, advised applicants to wait for instructions on how to apply, adding that the vacancy would be announced soon.

It said, “The high level of interest in the Nigeria Police Force by youths following presidential directive to add 10,000 officers is appreciated. Modalities for the exercise are being worked out by relevant authorities. Vacancy announcement will follow soon.

“Don’t download or buy any of the ‘police recruitment forms’ currently flying over the Internet. They are fake, and not from the NPF.”

The clarification by the Nigeria Police might not be unconnected with the stern warning by the President to avoid extorting potential applicants, an Abuja-based policy analyst, Mr. Jide Oluyemi, told Saturday PUNCH.

He said, “Many government organisations like the Nigeria Police had swindled unemployed youths while they were seeking for jobs. Scores died during the recent immigration recruitment exercise, after paying much to obtain forms and take exams.

“I am guessing the police now know they have to conduct this exercise with transparency. I hope this will extend to other government organisations.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-warn-youths-against-fake-recruitment/

Cc. Lalasticala, ishilove

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by bewla(m): 3:59am On Aug 22, 2015
what do expert
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by ObiOkpor(m): 4:27am On Aug 22, 2015
What Nigerian police need now is total overhauling. Dismiss all of them and recruit new ones because they are very corrupt.
Wish the recruitment will be fair and transparent and not by who no who.

3 Likes

Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by greatestman(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2015
That is good scammers always taking advantage of situation.
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Oleku93(m): 6:31am On Aug 22, 2015
We dy wait....
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by UltimatePals: 7:33am On Aug 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:33am On Aug 22, 2015
Desperate job seekers will still fall for cheap scam even if they keep announcing till eternity......
I'm very shua(in aboki's voice) of this.

2 Likes

Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Pavore9: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2015
While scammers are already perfecting their acts! angry
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Dygeasy(m): 7:34am On Aug 22, 2015
They haven't even successfully trained the present crop of police officers to be competent and they're ready to recruit another 10,000.

Is the police force now about providing employment or actually putting together well trained men and women who know exactly what their jobs are. We don't need more animals in Black. We need real policemen.

7 Likes

Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Barselonia(m): 7:34am On Aug 22, 2015
even if dey conduct recruiting to heaven, scammer go dey.....

Nigerian would always fall into scammer hand....

Na laziness dey Make Nigerian fall into scam....

Nigerian would prefer to browse through an illegal website than going to the normal company website....
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Feranmicharles(m): 7:34am On Aug 22, 2015
Now am warning you police back,am warning you against theft and bribeangry

2 Likes

Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Jorussia(m): 7:35am On Aug 22, 2015
.NPF must ensure that the recruitment process is transparent. we don't another back door recruitment from the NPF.
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by LieDetector(m): 7:35am On Aug 22, 2015
the man sef looks like a fraudster. undecided
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by DrObum(m): 7:36am On Aug 22, 2015
This country sef!

Well, all na Internal Generated Revenue shaaa
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by tspun(m): 7:36am On Aug 22, 2015
i know some will still fall for those scammers after this warning, though One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning. The greedy once will learn after they have been scam.
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by shamecurls(m): 7:36am On Aug 22, 2015
Everything just happens to be working under PMB.

God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by adonbilivit: 7:37am On Aug 22, 2015
we don here but it is jobless youths that engage in fake recruitments. give them jobs and u will have a nation with no fake recruitment agencies.
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Nursecaleb(m): 7:37am On Aug 22, 2015
Buhari will soon xperience Regret over his government,running things yourself,carrying out stupid orders and decisions,Learn from Aregbesola,I dnt see need of recruiting policemen that will jst pt on black cloth and stay behind counter
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by kennyonthrone(m): 7:39am On Aug 22, 2015
I knw say I d find work but police work no d mind.dem dn gt bad reputation 4 wia d citizens dey.

d police is still ur friend ooooo#Iranu#
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by cynhamscakes(f): 7:39am On Aug 22, 2015
The rate at which people are scammed due to this fake employment thing is alarming.
It is well o.

Surprise your loved onse in Abuja with a cake. We will deliver it for you. All kinds of party cakes and pastries are available. Call or whatsapp Cynthia on 07034794947, pin 531753fb, Www.cynhamscakes.com.
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by kennyman2000(m): 7:40am On Aug 22, 2015
Okay...
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by boboLIL(m): 7:40am On Aug 22, 2015
Police is ur friendgrin
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by Vock(m): 7:40am On Aug 22, 2015
With the same pay and the same ol equipments and black uniform coupled with bribe mentality?? oh please, take your job to the moon
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by SupremeNG: 7:47am On Aug 22, 2015
True
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by opalu: 7:48am On Aug 22, 2015
K
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by ennysuccess(m): 7:49am On Aug 22, 2015
Y will someone go and join police?
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by EndtimeBlessing: 7:49am On Aug 22, 2015
Will these 10000 new police recruits join the existing police in its actions and inactions?
Sad!
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by cucumba(m): 7:49am On Aug 22, 2015
I pray it works out the way we expect. I wish all the old policemen from 55-100 yrs are retired because we the fresh blood need to take over the affairs of the community.

Our policemen are so corrupt. Imagine, I was asked to drop something for them to assign so police officers to me the very day I came to report a criminal case going in my street last week.
Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by NaLaugh: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
ennysuccess:
Y will someone go and join police?

This.

5 Likes

Re: Police Warn Youths Against Fake Recruitment by parzdor(m): 7:58am On Aug 22, 2015
Let's be cops cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Some Of The Biggest Red Flags In An Interviewee? / Should I Quit My Job While I Haven't Got Another One? / Work As A Freelancer, Boundless Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.