Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,062 members, 7,863,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST (1054 Views)

Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election / Buhari Orders Amaechi, Fashola, Abba Kyari To Resign - Daily Post / On The Alleged CNN Ireport About Buhari's Probe Of Harlibuton Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by honeywealth75(m): 9:12am On Aug 22, 2015
http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/22/m-not-protecting-jonathan-from-buharis-probe-bishop-kukah/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitterhttp://dailypost.ng/2015/08/22/m-not-protecting-jonathan-from-buharis-probe-bishop-kukah/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Most Rev Hassan Kukah, has faulted interpretations given his comment on the Federal Government’s anti-corruption war in the media, declaring that he was not trying to protect former President, Goodluck Jonathan against probe by the present administration.
The Bishop, who spoke to LEADERSHIP Weekend, said he had never, in any of his latent and manifest utterances, gone against probing Jonathan.
According to him, he only offered a very realistic advice to President Muhammadu Buhari, advising that he should not be carried away by probes, as the business of governance must go on.
Speaking through the secretary of Sokoto Diocese, Rev. Father Sixtus Onuh, Kukah insisted that his simple standpoint remained that the probes should not be selective; rather it should cut across all former leaders and public servants.
Father Onuh argued that Kukah remained a very patriotic Nigerian, who has served the country in diverse assignments without demanding any material reward, and maintained that the bishop spent even personal resources for missionary work.
Onuh insisted that it is unfortunate, the extent mischief-makers can go in trying to blackmail the respected cleric by snapping Bishop Kukah’s building and uploading same on Facebook, alleging that it was built with money given to the Peace Committee by former President, Jonathan.
“All he is saying is that governance can go on while President Buhari can carry on with his probes, but he was not just elected to only come and probe. All he said was that Nigerians are eager, Nigerians are anxious to see things taking shape.
“He made this comment on Channels TV. He made the comment in Sahara Reporters as well. He said that it was Nigerian attitude. All this noise about probe, probe, probe, he said that you can go ahead with the probe but don’t forget the governance.
“All he is saying is simple: if you really want to probe now that ordinary Nigerians are calling for probe, then the probe should be extended to former leaders – Yar’Adua, Obasanjo, IBB and all others before them so that Nigerians will know that Buhari has done a great job rather than carry out selective probe.
“Bishop Kukah has served this country in diverse capacities. He served under Obasanjo, served under Yar’Adua, under Jonathan and even under Buhari. All I want Nigerians to note is that Bishop Kukah has served the Nigerian government, whether in the Political Reform Conference, Oputa Panel or whichever national assignment – to mention few – which he has found himself without receiving any gratification, because he had said it earlier that, that was his own contribution to the nation. But he has never taken anything from the government. All he tells them is, ‘one naira, don’t give me, all you do is arrange my travel and accommodation’. Period.

“Whatever people are saying about him, whether he was given bribe to defend Jonathan or not, I tell you with every sense of honour that if I should explain how much the Bishop spent on daily or monthly basis supporting us (Sokoto Diocese) since he became bishop of the diocese, you will appreciate God for him because I have the record as the secretary.
“It is people, friends – both local and foreign – that are supporting him to develop God’s work.”
Father Onuh also added that the bishop was simply being sincere in addressing issues.
“Bishop Kukah does not join issues with anybody. If you like, insult him; he will simply say God should forgive you,” he noted.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by olafum1(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2015
you are.
infact u & op are
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by ceaz4r(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2015
On point!!
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by andresia(m): 9:19am On Aug 22, 2015
bla bla bla by kukauh
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by ishiamu(m): 9:23am On Aug 22, 2015
olafum1:
you are.
infact u & op are

Sharap

Meanwhile, below are some of the latest topics from APC propaganda machinery. Enjoy and feel free to add yours

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's planned probe of FIFA: Sepp Blatter goes into hiding- Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: Satan falls from sky, sustains serious head injury - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity sweeps through the animal world as mosquitoes suspend biting action indefinitely - Premium Times

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: an aide of former president returns #12 trillion loot, begs for forgiveness - Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: statue of George Washington shows sign of life in far away US - Mynd_4

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: One million witches and wizards storm Eagles square, renounce evil and beg for forgiveness- Beremx

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's fart powering Nigeria's power plants - Nations

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: 65 year old woman healed of cervical cancer - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity: over 12 million Nigerians employed in 2 months - Liar Mohammed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by Rawani: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2015
Brilliant. Now let the probe continue, we hope Fr. Kukah helps to make sure Jonathan turns up in court when needed.
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by Austin4lif: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2015
K
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:03am On Aug 22, 2015
The issue was trashed in Kobanji Direct last night on Radio Continental. The same Kukah that spoke against corruption in 2013 is now defending it.
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by olafum1(m): 5:59pm On Aug 22, 2015
ishiamu:

Sharap

Meanwhile, below are some of the latest topics from APC propaganda machinery. Enjoy and feel free to add yours

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's planned probe of FIFA: Sepp Blatter goes into hiding- Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: Satan falls from sky, sustains serious head injury - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity sweeps through the animal world as mosquitoes suspend biting action indefinitely - Premium Times

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: an aide of former president returns #12 trillion loot, begs for forgiveness - Liar Mohammed

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: statue of George Washington shows sign of life in far away US - Mynd_4

#APCpropaganda
Fear of Buhari: One million witches and wizards storm Eagles square, renounce evil and beg for forgiveness- Beremx

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's fart powering Nigeria's power plants - Nations

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's body language: 65 year old woman healed of cervical cancer - Passingshot

#APCpropaganda
Buhari's integrity: over 12 million Nigerians employed in 2 months - Liar Mohammed

My dear Wailer
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by doctokwus: 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
So those pics on the internet of those buildings belonging to him are true.
I really didn't want to bliv but thank God its been confirmed by this reverend secretary.So much for holy men these days living a spartan life,despite the teachings of Christ and the sermon by the Holy Father himself.
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by ishiamu(m): 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
olafum1:

My dear Wailer

My dear janjanweed

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by olafum1(m): 11:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
ishiamu:

My dear janjanweed

lolz.. Heediot
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by abduljabbar4(m): 12:26am On Aug 23, 2015
Stealing is not corruption as defending is not protection
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by onomeasike: 1:18am On Aug 23, 2015
Please ask Rev Kukah what he meant by" let bygones be bygones". SMH
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by ishiamu(m): 9:11am On Aug 23, 2015
olafum1:

lolz.. Heediot

Tankew sir
Re: I Am Not Protecting Jonathan From Buhari's Probe Bishop Kukah. Source DAILY POST by sammyj: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
Medicine after death. Who care how much he has spent on missions which is the command and work of Gid. What we are saying is that the Bishop should focus on his callings and forget about the so called peace commitee since we are not fighting war. By the way this so called committee are machineries used to control governance on the country in the past and must be put away! !!!

(1) (Reply)

OPC Leader, Gani Adams Blasts Tinubu, Says He Is Not Fit To Be Called A Leader / See What Happened To Driver Who Stripped In Calaber To Prevent FRSC Arrest / Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.