Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Beginners Guide To Styling And Growing A Beard - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Beginners Guide To Styling And Growing A Beard (1821 Views)

Photos Of Incredible Beard Styles By This California Man / Simple Beginners Guide To Going Natural In Nigeria + Starter Kit / 5 Ways To Make Your Beard Grow Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beginners Guide To Styling And Growing A Beard by iamjadewale(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
1) “Man it up” and just wait. It’s only temporary and will pass shortly.
2) Apply ample amounts of moisturizer like a beard oil, or other product. Try to avoid moisturizures with alcohol in there as they actually dry out your skin.
3) In the early stubble phase (day 1 or 2) use Soft Goat scruff softener. This product is designed to help make stubble softer and more kissable.
At this stage, you shouldn’t be using a shampoo as the length is still fairly short. I’d recommend using a natural bar of soap that doesn’t have irritant chemicals in them (like sodium laurth sulfate). There are a lot of soap options out there, and one I’ve personally used and enjoyed is Rocky Top Soap.
Once you get through the itchy phase, you’ll get to the point where your beard will look untidy. To neaten up your look, I recommend trimming the neckline, upper cheeks, and mustache lip. If you are going for the yeard, or natural beard, you should leave your beard untouched.
At this point is when we lose the most amount of beards. Men will typically get a little ambitious with their razors, cut too much and then shave the entire thing off. Because of the risk of mistakes, I recommend waiting at least a month to trim if possible.
Most new beardsmen trim the neckline too high. The ideal location for the line is where the neck meets the head.So whatever your beard area is parallel with the ground, do not trim; whatever is parallel with the world infront of you, then it’s ok to trim.
The reality is that it’s very little of your beard that you are trimming. You shouldn’t need to look up to trim and aim to shape a nice round curve from one ear to the next.
When trimming the mustache, I recommend you use a pair of scissors over clippers. This will give you a little more control and only cuts a few hairs at a time. With the cheek line try to go with your natural line and only trim off the one or two stragglers that are outside that line.
If you have a very dense cheek, you should trim no lower than the bottom of your nose.
CONTINUE READING
http://desynme..com/2015/08/beginners-guide-to-styling-and-growing.html

(1) (Reply)

Post Ankara Styles Here. Male/female / Royale Hats For Men With Class, Pictures / Buy Your 500ml And 350ml Luxury Designers Perfume Oil At A Cheaper Rate!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.