Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent (13669 Views)

"N-Power" FG Introduces Job Creation Initiative / Updated-New Job Vacancies / Federal Government To Adopt New Job Creation Measures — Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by experimentist: 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
Oya vampiring wailers come and see raw meat here oh.. come and see food oh!
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by gurunlocker: 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Silly illiterates!

This news has been reported here before and we pointed out your idiocy then.

1st, second quarter represents April, May and June.

Jona was in charge for the greater part of that quarter (two of three months).

Lastly, the report only tells a slow down in job creation in comparison with previous performance. It's clearly not that there have been job losses as some half baked here are making it seem.

More importantly, a slow down in job creation is a feature of all new governments as they use their first few months to chart a new direction for their regime. The fact that Nigeria was practically in comatose makes our own case worse.

Get quality education instead of wasting away your life wailing.

u never say jona was in charge when there was a report of 2 trillion some days ago about petroleum revenue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Silly illiterates!

Lastly, the report only tells a slow down in job creation in comparison with previous performance. It's clearly not that there have been job losses as some half baked here are making it seem.

More importantly, a slow down in job creation is a feature of all new governments as they use their first few months to chart a new direction for their regime. The fact that Nigeria was practically in comatose makes our own case worse.

if the news had stated otherwise u will be quick to give credit to buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by francizy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
Going at this rate, all Nigerians would have lost their jobs before 2019..

What a government!!! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by Fianze93(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Silly illiterates!

How can first quarter be April, May, June... Can you explain what you mean. How can Jona be in charge for two of the three months... So quarter is no longer 4.

BTW I never knew you APC fanatics, would one day acknowledge that, PEJ ever performed.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by PassingShot(m): 6:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mee234:

if the news had stated otherwise u will be quick to give credit to buhari
Dispute the facts I stated or slide.
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by jemir000: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
dunkem21:

He has never denied it ..
..That's why I like him.

oh!! so he is actually being paid... chai""!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by AreaFada2: 6:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
Splashme:
[size=14pt]Nigeria is sinking in reality . . . . . but doing extremely well in propaganda and lies[/size]
Kikilikiki. cheesy grin They will be calling you wailing wailer. In 9ja, there's no room for truth, only partisanship and politics. I thought by now Bubu would have headed to China, Brazil, Turkey, Indonesia and the like. With a serious charm offensive and comprehensive plans to attract small/medium scale foreign investors. Like 5 years business visa for foreigners who can employ between 25 and 50 Nigerians guaranteed for 5 years on at least 100k or just over $400 per month. Those investing in Ekiti, Jigawa, Osun, Ebonyi, Kebbi, Kogi, Gombe and other low industry states will get 50% corporation tax rebate for 3 years. Those investing in Lagos/Ogun, Kaduna, PH and some other places will have 30% rebate for 2 years. I was expecting incentives along this line to create jobs. But no, nothing so far. For jobless people, everyday is long and tough. Waiting longer is not at all ideal.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by PassingShot(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
Fianze93:

How can first quarter be April, May, June... Can you explain what you mean. How can Jona be in charge for two of the three months... So quarter is no longer 4.

BTW I never knew you APC fanatics, would one day acknowledge that, PEJ ever performed.
Learn how to read to comprehend.

I wrote "1st, second quarter ..." The 1st did not qualify the quarter. It was the "second" that did.

Are you through with your studies? You have serious work to do if you don't know that a quarter of a figure is a fourth of that figure.

Therefore, a quarter of 12 months is 12/4 which gives you 3 per quarter.

So, Jan, Feb March are quarter one

April, May, June = quarter two (Jona was in charge in April and May)

July, Aug, Sept = quarter three

Oct, Nov, Dec = quarter four.

Now I know why the level of discussion on this forum is so watery and not engaging.

Go back to school boy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Dispute the facts I stated or slide.
What fact? that buhari is yet to find his footing or what. When there was small improvements on electricity were u not among those shouting buhari is performing even when he did nothing. Some of even went to town with the story of his body language turning water to wine. The truth is buhari is still at lost as to what to do. Maybe by this time next year he would return from honeymoon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by PassingShot(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
gurunlocker:

u never say jona was in charge when there was a report of 2 trillion some days ago about petroleum revenue
Which months was the money earned gain?
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by PassingShot(m): 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mee234:

What fact? that buhari is yet to find his footing or what. When there was small improvements on electricity were u not among those shouting buhari is performing even when he did nothing. Some of even went to town with the story of his body language turning water to wine. The truth is buhari is still at lost as to what to do. Maybe by this time next year he would return from honeymoon.
With your English, it's obvious you still have a long way to go. Work on improving yourself first.

Sorry, I can't engage you. You're not up to the mark.
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by nickxtra(m): 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
Baseless statistics. For the period under review, nobody among my friends, family and relations, neighbors and relatives has lost a job, instead majority of the hitherto jobless ones have gotten either self employed or gainfully employed in an organization. Between last two months and now, I know of over 5 persons that have either been employed by a bank, private organization or even a government agency. Even my humble self have created a job this this month. What are we talking about? What is NBS's bases on these misleading statistics? I think this agency is one of the numerous government agencies that needs 'surgical operation'.
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by squaddy(m): 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
No cause for alarm yet. Bubu's integrity will create one million jobs before the year runs out. Remember how his integrity fixed electricity and the refineries? Have faith.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by gurunlocker: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:
Which months was the money earned gain?
I can see u ain't even updated..... anyways April, may n June....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by appini: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
betty202020:
Why wont it be so when the president knows nothing than to revert, sack, dismiss and so on. It take a million years to build a good nation but it takes one stuupid fool to destroy every thing we hv got

The old soldier killed the hope of many Nigerians; through his unarticulated messages of condemnation of the policies of the past administration.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by sidneyj(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
that is the change baba promise(change in figure of unemployment, exchange rate, food items price ect) OK we are still waiting for more breaking newsgrin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by Atlantian: 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And we know the reason for the forex restrictions.....falling oil prices.

Once oil prices fall....central bank governors hoard dollars so as to keep the value of the local currency up.

Instead of blaming Buhari....watch him....and see if he gets our economy diversified instead of talking about it. And the diversification must be into industrial development....not exporting resources.(Which is why we are here in the first place).

Nigeria is dutch diseased.....we need to face that fact.

Listen, the cardinal aim of politics is to secure the people, provide basic welfare for the people, provide healthcare for the people. But when a government engages in policies that impoverishes the people, the core ideal of politics has been defeated and it is a failure.

I was in support of subsidy removal. I championed that cause because I believed it will strengthen the economy. Then something strucked me. The government of Nigeria has no welfare package for the people. If the subsidy on petrol can be a form of palliative, then it doesnt matter if subsidy stays, what matters was that Federal Government imports and lays off marketers. The people need not suffer untold pains. The government must seek ways of making money and not depend on Niger Delta oil. In the USA as a case in point, oil belongs to land owners and here in Nigeria, we say Federal Government owns land and everything in the land.

We have coal in our land, but states and individuals can not mine, because land belongs to federal government, and federal government has refused to mine these resources which will generate jobs for the people. Federal Government is lazy, Federal Government is silly, Federal Government is a failure.

We must wrestle the Federal Government and let them allow "we the People" to mine our lands, mine our oil, mine our bitumen, crush our rocks and pay the damn taxes for them to continue to steal.

Buhari believes corruption is the issue, but I believe it is the ignorance and stupidity of the Federal Government controlled by Buhari today is causing more unemployment than the Federal Government of Jonathan.

Let us call a spade a spade.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by Setaje(f): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Truth234

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by laniyi07(m): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
and they are planning to cancel the recent immigration recruitment. with this figures surely its a case of moving one step forward and ten steps backward..... we are watching #occupyNIS
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

With your English, it's obvious you still have a long way to go. Work on improving yourself first.

Sorry, I can't engage you. You're not up to the mark.
Very typical. when it becomes difficult to write without sounding like an idiot or a deluded fellow u attack. can u fault the fact that buhari is still very confuse and still trying to sort out his right hand from his left?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by Setaje(f): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
All I no is this administration must favour me. That's all angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by gatiano(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
The only solution is for Black people to use their own products, eat their own food, petronize the market(king's market), buy innosons' cars, develop our DNA type cosmetics and cream and hair solutions. Boycott all foreign products, services, foods, fruits, foreign named clothes(instead of polo, locally made fashion designers).
The jobs would be so much that we will have to employ other people. When you buy foreign prodcts or services, You are only creating jobs for the foreign people in their country using your hard earned money.

Love yourself first, well and totally before trying to love others.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by PassingShot(m): 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mee234:

Very typical. when it becomes difficult to write without sounding like an idiot or a deluded fellow u attack. can u fault the fact that buhari is still very confuse and still trying to sort out his right hand from his left?
You have eight years to wail, kid.

Work on your grammar before the end of that period. The emboldened should be "confused". Thank me later.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by SeverusSnape(m): 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
jemir000:

am beginning to believe you are paid by apc.. say the truth
So you're just knowing?... Bros, PassingShot is a paid goon.

Who spends almost twenty hours a day defending an illiterate fool in Aso rock if he/she isn't paid?
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by tete7000(m): 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Silly illiterates!

If anyone is illiterate, I am sure you are the one. You are stocked in an old news you even probably never read then and couldnt take your time to read. The post said the report was released last friday and talk about 2nd quarter(2Q) and not first quarter (1Q)you are shouting. A quick reference at the source will show you that the news was published today 22nd of August 2015. So how has something just published today had been reported here before?
If anyone needs quality education, it is definitely you. Your capacity to read, pay attention to details and understand is very defective.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by ocelot2006(m): 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
This shouldn't surprise anyone. The country's economy is stagnating while the Daura President runs a one-man show.
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by gatiano(m): 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
That is the Spirit Sister. You know what you want and need.

Setaje:
All I no is this administration must favour me. That's all angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by winterfell007(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
It has dawn on Buhari that promising 2 create 1million jobs can't come by mere 'Fear of Buhari' or ' Buhari's Integrity' but by strategic planning. He has 2 start patnering with those captains of industries he keeps demonizing and paintin them black. GEJ actively colloborated with theses captains such as: Dangote,Otedola,Ubah,Innocent,Emeka Offor ,Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu and their likes in building a strong private sector led economy. People mistook GEJ's patnership with them 2 mean tolerance of corrupt people. Buhari should start organising summits just like GEJ did 2 rejig d economy. If everyone has noticed, the stocks last recorded gainS in d market when Buhari was sworn in. Since then it's beEn red all d way.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by PassingShot(m): 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
tete7000:

If anyone is illiterate, I am sure you are the one. You are stocked in an old news you even probably never read then and couldnt take your time to read. The post said the report was released last friday and talk about 2nd quarter(2Q) and not first quarter (1Q)you are shouting. A quick reference at the source will show you that the news was published today 22nd of August 2015. So how has something just published today had been reported here before?
If anyone needs quality education, it is definitely you. Your capacity to read, pay attention to details and understand is very defective.
You just proved again that you're a full illiterate by not knowing that second quarters are April, May and June which I referred to.
I repeat, the news was here before. Serach for it to clear your doubt, olodo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
327,702 jobs and all the applicants on my street are still @ home at lease 1 among about 20 of them wud have graped one. Liessss!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s New Job Creation Decreased By 69.9 Percent by gantic: 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
Truth234:
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) report released on Friday shows a decrease of 69.9 percent or 327,702 in the number of new jobs created in the second quarter (2Q) of the year when compared with preceding quarter and 45.5 percent short of the total number of jobs created in the same quarter last year.

According to the report formal sector of the economy created 51,070 new jobs, which account for 36.1 percent of the total jobs created in the second quarter (2Q) of 2015. The formal sector recorded a decline of 61.6 percent or 79,871 jobs when compared to the number of jobs created in the first quarter (1Q) quarter of 2015 and a 35.2 percent decline to that of jobs created in the same quarter in 2014.

In the public sector, total of 6,395 jobs were created in the 2Q, beating same quarter last year with an increase of 11.7 percent or 669 jobs. This sector represents 4.5 percent of the total jobs created during the period under review.

The informal sector of the economy which consists of jobs generated by individuals or businesses employing less than 10 employees or businesses with little or no formal structures, created 83,903 new jobs. However, when compared with 1st quarter of the year when 332,403 new jobs were created, an alarming 74.8 percent decrease in jobs was recorded.

The report shows that informal and formal sectors are the most affected which correlate with the effect of current economic policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to restrict importers of certain items from accessing forex at CBN rate. This means that formal and informal businesses have reduced the number of jobs they create in order to cut cost and devise alternative business model to sustain their businesses.

http://investorsking.com/nigerias-new-job-creation-decreased-by-69-9-percent/
Simply because nobody bothered to doctor the data this quarter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? / Invitation From Dangote Fertilizer Limited Ibeju Lekki / N-power Batch C: Deployment/physical Verification Will Be Communicated Via Email

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.