Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance (9170 Views)

Please Who Got This Invite From African Alliance Insurance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by olafum1(m): 7:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
Who else got this message from the above named company or have an idea of the description?

'Good day,

This is to inform you that based on your profile, you have been invited by African alliance insurance PLC(Ibebunjo'agency) for a job interview.

We wish to get you abrested of the following information;
1i.The executive marketer job is specifically for those candidates resident in Lagos and those conversan with the terrains of Lagos.
ii. Decline from coming for the interview if you are not domiciliaring in Lagos.
iii. Decline from coming if you do not have a flair for marketing.
if. Decline from coming if you are easily defeated or easily discouraged.
2.I. The interview would commence by 9.am. You are to come with your CV and passport photo attached therein

3. Further screening would take place during the interview.The surviving candidates would be passed through a 3-day preliminary training.
ii. After the training, the survivors would be given 3 different tests spread across days.
iii. Candidates who pass the 3 tests would be placed on N150,000(one hundred and fifty thousand naira) per month as salary for a start.
iv. Decline from coming if the above procedures are not suitable for you.
I wish you the best'

please what's your take on this? Mind you, I don't like marketing work that requires me going from one place to another at my expense. Thanks

Cc. royalfly
LaurelP
spiralwedge
NwabuezeWini
Re: Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by spiralwedge(m): 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
olafum1:
Who else got this message from the above named company or have an idea of the description?

'Good day,

This is to inform you that based on your profile, you have been invited by African alliance insurance PLC(Ibebunjo'agency) for a job interview.

We wish to get you abrested of the following information;
1i.The executive marketer job is specifically for those candidates resident in Lagos and those conversan with the terrains of Lagos.
ii. Decline from coming for the interview if you are not domiciliaring in Lagos.
iii. Decline from coming if you do not have a flair for marketing.
if. Decline from coming if you are easily defeated or easily discouraged.
2.I. The interview would commence by 9.am. You are to come with your CV and passport photo attached therein

3. Further screening would take place during the interview.The surviving candidates would be passed through a 3-day preliminary training.
ii. After the training, the survivors would be given 3 different tests spread across days.
iii. Candidates who pass the 3 tests would be placed on N150,000(one hundred and fifty thousand naira) per month as salary for a start.
iv. Decline from coming if the above procedures are not suitable for you.
I wish you the best'

please what's your take on this? Mind you, I don't like marketing work that requires me going from one place to another at my expense. Thanks

Cc. royalfly
LaurelP
spiralwedge
NwabuezeWini

this is a scam!

1. you did not apply. They got your info from a profile... which profile? NL's
2. Bad English. For a big company like that, they should have a HR dept, but that isn't HR's language at all; far from it. Grammatical errors too.
3. Salaries aren't stated in an invite for interview. If they are that open, they would have included the remuneration in their original advert.
4. Words such as 'survivor', 'abrested' (what the hell is that?), domiciliaring etc give them away.
5. what the heck is Ibebunjo's agency?
6. Do they even have a website?
7. If they do and are willing to invite random people for interview, why don't they post the rigorous procedures and 'threat' on their website and simply refer you there to apply
6. Do check google if this insurance coy exist and if NDIC or so recognises them. If yes, you can risk it and attend... and of course have your fingers crossed.

best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by spiralwedge(m): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
hi again, I just googled them and VoilĂ ... they exist and have a website... www.africanallianceplc.com/

- I could not easily find any vacancy posted. please find time and check that.o
- there's a :contact us' link on their website... that should be useful for enquiries
- is the email used to send the invite having @africanallianceplc.com ending? or is it a yahoo.com? It doesn't matter though.

I think u should enquire if truly the email is from them and then make a decision
Re: Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by LaurelP(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
@ Olafum1

African Alliance is a genuine insurance company. Their marketing job works like every other insurance company in Nigeria, it is based purely on commission, forget that 150k talk. It is used to entice u to attend the interview.
U will be interviewed, trained and u enter the field on your own. There's no allowance, no salary, just commission based on a percentage of what you bring in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by olafum1(m): 6:17am On Aug 23, 2015
spiralwedge:
hi again, I just googled them and VoilĂ ... they exist and have a website... www.africanallianceplc.com/

- I could not easily find any vacancy posted. please find time and check that.o
- there's a :contact us' link on their website... that should be useful for enquiries
- is the email used to send the invite having @africanallianceplc.com ending? or is it a yahoo.com? It doesn't matter though.

I think u should enquire if truly the email is from them and then make a decision

ok thank you.. the email is surely from one of the company recruiters, I won't just bother myself.
Re: Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by olafum1(m): 6:22am On Aug 23, 2015
LaurelP:
@ Olafum1

African Alliance is a genuine insurance company. Their marketing job works like every other insurance company in Nigeria, it is based purely on commission, forget that 150k talk. It is used to entice u to attend the interview.
U will be interviewed, trained and u enter the field on your own. There's no allowance, no salary, just commission based on a percentage of what you bring in.

seriously: that's not my type of a job
Re: Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by royalfly(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2015
At d venue nd its going slow.. I wonder how this going to go?
Re: Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by adedayoobas(m): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
@royalfy..please how was it?? Was going for it worth it??
Re: Interview Invitation From African Alliance insurance by origbo2015(m): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2016
@ royalty ,what nd what r d asking

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Want To Work Here? / Npower: Volunteers Not Paid Actually Made Lots Of Costly Errors / Who Knows Owppin Limited In Ogun State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.