Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God (2756 Views)

Letter Of Covenant Written By Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) To All Christians / Reasons Jesus Spat For Some Of His Miracles / Jesus (pbuh) Was Not Crucified... Concrete Evidence In True Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by blacq2009(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
20 Simple Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God...... Posted on fb by Igho Hakeem Ohwojeheri
1- God Doesn’t Change His Nature (Malachi 3:6)

2- GOD Almighty is Greater than Jesus. (John 14:28 )

3- No one is "Good" including Jesus. Only GOD is" Good" (Luke 18:19)

4- Jesus said he doesn't know when the Hour (Judgment Day) will come. Only GOD Knows. (Mark 13:32)

5- Jesus said that" OUR God is One GOD" (Mark 12:29 )

6- Jesus also said "My GOD and your GOD" (John 20:17)

7- Jesus fell on his face down to the ground and prayed to
GOD Almighty (like the way Muslim pray to God). (Matthew 26:39)

8- Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days (Matthew 4:1), while GOD Almighty cannot be tempted (Jacob 1:13)

9- Jesus said he is a man (John 8:40)

10- God is neither a man nor a son of a man (Numbers 23:19)

11- No one can see god (1 John 4:20) but people saw Jesus

12- God is the living and everlasting (Habakkuk 1:12)

13- Jesus always confessed he is just a prophet sent by God (Matthew 21:10-11)

14- God Declare Himself to be God, Jesus didn't (Ezekiel 20:20)

15- Jesus told his real mission was to preach not sacrifice (Mark 1:38)

16- Jesus desired Mercy not Sacrifice (Matthew 9:13)

Jesus referred himself as:
17) - A Servant: Matthew 10:24, 24:45, 12:18 John 13:16

18)- A Prophet: Matthew 8:20 13:16,21:11, Mark 6:15, 6;4, 9;37, Luke 7:16, 9:8, 9:19, John 13:17, 7:16, 6:14, 7:40

19)- Son of Man: Matthew 5:9, 17:22, 8:20, 18:11, 26:2, Luke 9:22, John 5:27

20- Slave: John 13:16, Matthew 10:24

Quran>>>

They have certainly disbelieved who say, "Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah – Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers....( Qur'an 5: 72)
Seun, Lalasticlala, I beg!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by HDee(m): 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Jeromejnr(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
OP....Your ignorance knows no bounds.

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by menesheh(m): 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Your reasons?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Jeromejnr(m): 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:

Your reasons?

The truth is, I really don't have time to answer all points he put up there. Maybe someone else that is enlightened will do. Cause its a long teaching.

But for now, I have to leave him to his ignorance.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by menesheh(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The truth is, I really don't have time to answer all points he put up there. Maybe someone else that is enlightened will do. Cause its a long teaching.

But for now, I have to leave him to his ignorance.

Why did you then rushed to a conclusion that he is ignorant. Why not overlook it and go to other threads since you don't have strength to point out your reasons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by blacq2009(m): 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:
No bashing. Just grab your Bible and read my references. You'll become enlightened like I am.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hypocrisy.... read abt d HOLY TRINITY # that's gonno answer ur rubbish post.##Op BE WARNED!!!!..NO ONE CAN MEET D FATHER EXCEPT TRU THE SON(JESUS)
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Jeromejnr(m): 11:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:

Why did you then rushed to a conclusion that he is ignorant. Why not overlook it and go to other threads since you don't have strength to point out your reasons.

I was actually going to do so.

But I tot of the weak Christians that might be swayed by such. So I decided to place a controversial statement. So as to spark doubt concerning his assumptions.

If I left the thread and maybe there was no Christian to comment against it, some gullible ones might think:

"Hey, it's like what this guy is saying is true, since I saw no one contradicting him"

Its all psychology.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Jeromejnr(m): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
blacq2009:

No bashing. Just grab your Bible and read my references. You'll become enlightened like I am.

I know them my guy. Its not a new thing to us.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by arbass(m): 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
Donariok:
Hypocrisy.... read abt d HOLY TRINITY # that's gonno answer ur rubbish post.##Op BE WARNED!!!!..NO ONE CAN MEET D FATHER EXCEPT TRU THE SON(JESUS)
This isn't the essence of the thread. The thread is telling you reasons why Jesus ( PBUH ) isn't God
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by blacq2009(m): 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:

Its Ok bro. He is of the bunch of people out there who think you have to bash someone to make your point.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by menesheh(m): 11:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

But I tot of the weak Christians that might be swayed by such. So I decided to place a controversial statement. So as to spark doubt concerning his assumptions.

If I left the thread and maybe there was no Christian to comment against it, some gullible ones might think:

"Hey, it's like what this guy is saying is true, since I saw no one contradicting him"

Its all psychology.

You are right by invoking evaluation impulses to the gullible Christians, but just debunking the idea raise without any reasons you provided against such, is still gonna do the things you are preventing, to rational minded Christian by commenting hatefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by lomprico(m): 11:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Its all psychology.
U mean a weak christian like you who couldnt dispute what d op wrote.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Jeromejnr(m): 11:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:

You are right by invoking evaluation impulses to the gullible Christians, but just debunking the idea raise without any reasons you provided against such, is still gonna do the things you are preventing, to rational minded Christian by commenting hatefully.

If I saw any Christian unable to defend it, I would have put up my reasons eventually. But not now.

I don't really believe any Christian in their right mind should just jump to believe stuffs. I didn't really see it as hate tho. We all have our own perspectives/way of seeing tins.

But my new response to him was not of hate. See I even called him my guy. smiley
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Jeromejnr(m): 11:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
lomprico:

U mean a weak christian like you who couldnt dispute what d op wrote.

Sory sir,

No time to defend it. Especially since it doesn't change anything eventually.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by lomprico(m): 12:17am On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Sory sir,

No time to defend it. Especially since it doesn't change anything eventually.
No time? But u had time to condemn the op!
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Jeromejnr(m): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2015
lomprico:

No time? But u had time to condemn the op!

Yes I had time for that.

And don't call it condemnation, call it a rebuke.

I would have the time to explain if I saw any christian having issues with what the OP posted. Like I told one of your fellows up there.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Medicis(m): 12:52am On Aug 23, 2015
blacq2009:
20 Simple Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God...... Posted on fb by Igho Hakeem Ohwojeheri

4- Jesus said he doesn't know when the Hour (Judgment Day) will come. Only GOD Knows. (Mark 13:32)

8- Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days (Matthew 4:1), while GOD Almighty cannot be tempted (Jacob 1:13)

18)- A Prophet: Matthew 8:20 13:16,21:11, Mark 6:15, 6;4, 9;37, Luke 7:16, 9:8, 9:19, John 13:17, 7:16, 6:14, 7:40

Quran>>>

They have certainly disbelieved who say, "Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah – Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers....( Qur'an 5: 72)
Of all your 20 reasons, I love no 19 so much when you said he is the Son of Man. Jesus sometimes speaks as the Son of man(Flesh) and sometimes, he speaks as the Son of God(God). All your 20 reasons talks about Jesus speakin as the son of man. Well, let me also show you from the same bible where Jesus spoke as the son of God.Jesus Said He Was Equal to God. Quotes from Jesus...

Jesus Said He Existed Before Abraham
"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad."
    The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?"
    Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"

Jesus Said to See Him is the Same as Seeing God
Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark."

"No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!"
    Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied."
    Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?"

Jesus Said He Could Forgive Sins
"...that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he then said to the paralytic--"Rise, pick up your bed and go home." And he rose and went home. When the crowds saw it, they were afraid, and they glorified God..."

He said to them, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."

Jesus Said He Is the Judge and Can Grant Eternal Life
"For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."

"For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day."

Jesus Said He Was the Same as God
"The Father and I are one."
    Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
    Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
    They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."

Just want you that you are an HYPOCRITE... You cannot just quote bible passages that favours you false religion alone and discard others, I think there is a need to always strike a balance. Do more research on Jesus the SON OF MAN and Jesus the SON OF GOD

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by olaboy001(m): 6:12am On Aug 23, 2015
blacq2009:

Quran>>>

Jesus frequently referred to "My Father," and his hearers got the full impact of his words. We are told, "The Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."

On another occasion he said, "I and My Father are One." Immediately the religious authorities wanted to stone him. He asked them which of his good works caused them to want to kill him. They replied, "We are not stoning you for any of these but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by blacq2009(m): 6:24am On Aug 23, 2015
Medicis:
Of all your 20 reasons, I love no 19 so much when you said he is the Son of Man. Jesus sometimes speaks as the Son of man(Flesh) and sometimes, he speaks as the Son of God(God). All your 20 reasons talks about Jesus speakin as the son of man. Well, let me also show you from the same bible where Jesus spoke as the son of God.Jesus Said He Was Equal to God. Quotes from Jesus...

Jesus Said He Existed Before Abraham
"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad."
    The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?"
    Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"

Jesus Said to See Him is the Same as Seeing God
Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark."

"No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!"
    Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied."
    Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?"

Jesus Said He Could Forgive Sins
"...that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he then said to the paralytic--"Rise, pick up your bed and go home." And he rose and went home. When the crowds saw it, they were afraid, and they glorified God..."

He said to them, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."

Jesus Said He Is the Judge and Can Grant Eternal Life
"For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live."

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."

"For it is my Father's will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day."

Jesus Said He Was the Same as God
"The Father and I are one."
    Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
    Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
    They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."

Just want you that you are an HYPOCRITE... You cannot just quote bible passages that favours you false religion alone and discard others, I think there is a need to always strike a balance. Do more research on Jesus the SON OF MAN and Jesus the SON OF GOD
Jesus the son of man, the son of God: what a contradiction? And which one is the false religion: the one of which the Scripture is from Allah,Almighty and Glorious (Lord of the worlds ) or the one of which any idiot can revise in his/her small room. Will attend to you on what your think are justifications to my references when time allows me so you'll see how Jesus relates to Mohammed and the other apostles but they ain't accorded godships.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by blacq2009(m): 6:31am On Aug 23, 2015
Donariok:
I'll rather read the suppressed older testament not what commoners sit down and write under drug influence. No one can meet the.... says who? Paul?
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by blacq2009(m): 6:36am On Aug 23, 2015
olaboy001:

Jesus frequently referred to "My Father," and his hearers got the full impact of his words. We are told, "The Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."

On another occasion he said, "I and My Father are One." Immediately the religious authorities wanted to stone him. He asked them which of his good works caused them to want to kill him. They replied, "We are not stoning you for any of these but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
And what makes Jesus son of God in the first place, bro.? Enlighten me, please.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 23, 2015
it is very unlikely that someone named jesus ever existed, we have no actual evidence, all the supposed references prior to the 4th century were all interpolations.
coming to mohammed, I haven't looked deeply into the claims, but many scholars think that there may actually be no more factual evidence for mohammed than for jesus.
personally, I think muhammad existed, but a great deal about his story is obviously mythical

religion is a scam, a strong tool of mass control.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Medicis(m): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2015
blacq2009:

Because the Father himself said it.Matthew 3:13-17New International Version (NIV)

The Baptism of Jesus
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “THIS IS MY SON" whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Medicis(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2015
blacq2009:

I'll rather read the suppressed older testament not what commoners sit down and write under drug influence. No one can meet the.... says who? Paul?
How do you explain how a terrorist prophet who was assaulted by a demon(jibril) sent by allah who doesn't even know the guy cannot read telling us detailed stories of prophets who lived thousands of years before him in terrorist manual called quran. Compare stories of Jesus in quran to thomas gospel of infancy of jesus and you'll find out that your prophet actually did copy and paste.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Medicis(m): 10:18am On Aug 23, 2015
blacq2009:

Jesus the son of man, the son of God: what a contradiction? And which one is the false religion: the one of which the Scripture is from Allah,Almighty and Glorious (Lord of the worlds ) or the one of which any idiot can revise in his/her small room. Will attend to you on what your think are justifications to my references when time allows me so you'll see how Jesus relates to Mohammed and the other apostles but they ain't accorded godships.
Contradiction to you, but not to me. Jesus was 100 percent God and 100 percent man when he was on earth. And that is why he sometimes speak as God, and sometimes as a man. I still prefer my beautiful and precious bible to your terrorist manual(quran) copied from other sources.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by Rilwayne001: 10:23am On Aug 23, 2015
Jesus is not GOD ALMIGHTY..
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by olaboy001(m): 1:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
blacq2009:

The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.

1 Like

Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by blacq2009(m): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
olaboy001:

The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.
And recount in the book the story of Mariam. How she betook herself to a solitary place in the east. We sent to her in the semblance of a full grown man, our messenger. When she saw him, she said, I seek refuge in the Lord of mercy from you. If you fear Allah, leave me and go your way. And the messenger said: I'm a messenger of your Lord. I came to give you a holy son. She asked: how shall I have a son when no man has ever touched me and I'm not unchaste?The angel said: thus it shall be. And he -Jesus, shall be blessing to you and a sign to mankind.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by blacq2009(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Medicis:
How do you explain how a terrorist prophet who was assaulted by a demon(jibril) sent by allah who doesn't even know the guy cannot read telling us detailed stories of prophets who lived thousands of years before him in terrorist manual called quran. Compare stories of Jesus in quran to thomas gospel of infancy of jesus and you'll find out that your prophet actually did copy and paste.
Jibril /Gabriel is demon? I guess you worship Lucifer himself. "We discriminate against non of the apostles " Jesus is a servant of the Almighty Allah and a helpless one at that. I wish you speedy recovery.
Re: 20 Reasons Jesus(pbuh) Is Not God by adewalker(m): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
olaboy001:

. Funny how u christians play games with ur bible words,u take the ones that suit ur purpose,so tell me what God means when he said this in jeremiah 31:9"....because I am isreal father and ephraim is my first born" this is God calling ephraim is first born,luke 3vs38 adam is called the son of God,psalm 2:7,God calls david is BEGOTTEN son,"I will tell of the lord decree,He said to me'u are my son,today I have BEGOTTEN thee'...the problem with u christians is that u have been programmed,in the bible the righteous servants of God are always described as sons of God,God has thousand of sons in ur bible,but preacher have programmed u to think,jesus is the only son of God,they've brainwashed u so much that even if u are seeing it in ur bible,u will styl be understanding the opposite,surrah 2:18"deaf,blind and dumb,they will not return(to the right path)"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! / Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us / David Ibeyieomi Turns Water To Wine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.