Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,237 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Omonile Fees Scam - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omonile Fees Scam (1712 Views)

Buying Land From Omonile Or Estate Company, Which Is Better In The Long Run? / Is Omonile Still Active In Lagos / Ambode Bans Land Grabbing (Omonile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omonile Fees Scam by gabbytabby: 12:41am On Aug 23, 2015
This is to raise awareness on the issues and help people to know where to avoid
year -
area -
Omonile family name -
job card -
foundation -
German floor
decking -
roofing -
other fees -

After paying the fees were you allowed to peacefully carry on building or did you have other impromptu disturbance of your workers or yourself.
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by FastShipping: 12:55am On Aug 23, 2015
I have never experienced the omo onile sh1t that is so common in Lagos. I left Lagos omo onile wahala and went to my hometown to buy and build my house.
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 23, 2015
I had an issue but it's somewhat complicated.

I bought virgin land from a party that omo onile owed some plots to.

The sellers agent measured two lots to me @ 50X100.

Omo Onile, was around during all of this. I cleared my land, erected s dwarf fence and came back home.

Then they started harassing my workers that my land is more than their regular size. They threatened to destroy my fence and I was basically held hostage. So I paid.
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by spygadgets(m): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
I bought in Inyana Ipaja.. They collected 120k for foundation, 90 for decking and 100 for roofing..
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dis guys are just the jobless wicked type, I recently was at a sight to install windows for my client and at the site was the bricklayer who belongs to that environs and to my surprise the bricklayer was the one who called dis omonile guys to come and when they arrived, dey came in and demanded for money, I had to tell their boss to relax I will see him when I'm done with the pluming of the window I was installing, he left me and went straight to my boiz and he took his tools, he knows he can't handle me u know, u don see ekiti man na grin , my got physical with him and Everythin was almost becoming rough, so I had to calm the situation and sorted him after he pleaded though cos I don't take shit sometimes sha, u can imagine what we go through as well at sites.. Those guys are just something else and dis madness should be stopped and let government handle their case jare , I heard u don't av such in the east.
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by spyder880(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
In most parts of the east and south south, they exist as community youths. They come in as soon as you dig your foundation and then they hold up work, insist on the payment of about N150,000 average. What you pay is what you are able to bargain with them. They usually issue receipts and never return to disturb you till you finish the building.
They usually mask this forced levy as community development levies but they chop the collections and do nothing.
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
The funniest part of it, they don't do such when they know the owner is a military man they rather just hail him and beg for some little change, a scenario happened in lagos , they were all beaten by soldiers at a site and rounded up to lift wheel barrows and Assit the bricklayers with their works.. They demand too much and all they do with the money is lavish it on drinks and women..

1 Like

Re: Omonile Fees Scam by drkay(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
It depends on the area you bought your land here in abeokuta. I only paid 40k at roofing stage, no receipt. I never came across any of them for the past 6 months since I moved here, wonder where they came from. Some collect money at every stage, a friend parted with 150k at roofing stage.
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by gabbytabby: 1:23am On Aug 24, 2015
gabbytabby:
I am so annoyed at this one as I did not see it coming someone that I thought was a good neighbour whilst he ended up being omonile agent dropped me in this.
year - 2015
area - Ayobo
Omonile family name - Kareem Owodina
job card - 100k to Almourouff - ajagungbale
foundation - 100k
German floor
decking - 100k
roofing - 100k
lawyers fees - 50k
other fees - 500k Alhaji Momodu Kareem Owodina 3rd time payment for same land
doa- 250k

After paying the fees were you allowed to peacefully carry on building or did you have other impromptu disturbance of your workers or yourself.
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by gabbytabby: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:
I had an issue but it's somewhat complicated.

I bought virgin land from a party that omo onile owed some plots to.

The sellers agent measured two lots to me @ 50X100.

Omo Onile, was around during all of this. I cleared my land, erected s dwarf fence and came back home.

Then they started harassing my workers that my land is more than their regular size. They threatened to destroy my fence and I was basically held hostage. So I paid.

Try and resolve this in a formal way through ensuring that your deed of assignment specifies the actual size unless they will hold you to perpetual ransom over it. That is similar to the problem I have with the ayobo people.
Re: Omonile Fees Scam by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 24, 2015
gabbytabby:

Try and resolve this in a formal way through ensuring that your deed of assignment specifies the actual size unless they will hold you to perpetual ransom over it. That is similar to the problem I have with the ayobo people.

Thanks, done and sealed tight.

Additional receipt specifying current and correct size, signed by Omo Onile leader with my Lawyer. My Lawyer handed it all, recorded with pictures, audio and video and witnesses <<<------- all this for what it's worth knowing Nigeria.

No issues since then - knocking on pressed wood from iKea grin

I learnt a lot from this episode and I think I came out a better educated person.

(1) (Reply)

House For Sale Lugbe Abuja 1.5 million / Jst In 2plots Of Land @ Little London Abijo Ajah / Property Perimeter Fencing Construction And Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.