Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Selected Miscontrued Scriptures And Their True Meaning By Starlingslimnet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Selected Miscontrued Scriptures And Their True Meaning By Starlingslimnet (449 Views)

Easter Day Significance And True Meaning!!! / Reason For The Change In Meanings Of The Scriptures? / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selected Miscontrued Scriptures And Their True Meaning By Starlingslimnet by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 23, 2015
No one can deny the economical mechanization and spurious exploitation of the Scripture for financial gain and wealth accumulation in, and across the broad and board of the Church as the Scripture as rightly said in 1 Peter 3:16, "There are some things hard in them to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do to other Scriptures".

As a Teacher of the Bible and a Lover of Truth I find it quite necessary according to the royal Law and Gal 6:1 to bring light into this ,and explain what exactly the Scripture is saying in respect to miscontrued Scriptures in the Bible to avoid you being carried away by the lawlessness and thus loosing your stability 1 Peter 3:17.

It is my prayer that as you view this thread God give you understanding and help you to understand lies you have traded for Truth.

Need I to say, my name is Olaleye Olusanya.

And if you have any Scripture you want me to expatiate on on this thread kindly contact me at Starlingslimnet@gmail.com

Cc: Emusmith
Lalasticlala kindly move this to FP to create awareness for Christians.Thanks.
Re: Selected Miscontrued Scriptures And Their True Meaning By Starlingslimnet by HDee(m): 8:15am On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Selected Miscontrued Scriptures And Their True Meaning By Starlingslimnet by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2015
NO 1 MATTHEW 22:14

No Scripture has suffered much misinterpretation than Matthew 22:14 which says, "For many are called, but few are chosen". Interpretation and explanation giving in the course of twisting this Scripture for unjustifiable exaltation of self and escalation of superiority complex as unique God sent personality is, the called are the "Christians" and the chosen are the "Pastors".

Well, this is not only wrong but a contradiction of the Scripture itself. How? Here is it: It says, "Many are called, but few are chosing" meaning: the Called are many and the chosen are the few.In saying Christians are the 'many' contradicts the second part which denotes by their misinterpretation pastors as the 'chosen'. It also contradict the whole essence of God gift to the world as I will show later in the course of explaining this Scripture but first, we must explain the object of misconstruction "Christians and Pastors" simultaneously with the subject of misinterpretation "Called and Chosen".

Several Scriptures exhort Christians as "Called to be" and "Chosen" but non exhort her as "Called". 1 Peter 2:9 gives such exhortation when it says, "But you are a Chosen generation".The question here is who are the people the Apostle is addressing? Your answer is not far from mine; it's to the exile 1 Peter 1:1 and further clarification, who are those in exiles? Yes, they are the Church and the Church defined, are Christians. So here the Scripture denotes Christian as the Chosen Few.

Found in Romans 1:6 is one out of the many exhortations denoting Christians as "called to be". Called to be,I will have us understand is not the same as 'Called".The former denotes "being out of something to be another thing" while the latter denotes "Divine generality of privilege". It says "who are called to belong to Jesus" and this taken literary as it requires is a substitute for being chosen.

It is clear now from the above that Christians are the chosen few out of the many called and not a group of Christian with pastoral ministerial gifts or apostolic ministerial gifts.Having known this let us proceed to unveiling who the 'many' are.

"For God so Love the world" was the cry of Christ as He spoke of the gift of redemption and salvation God gives to the people. I said earlier that the interpretation giving to Matthew 22:14 contradict outrightly the Gift of God.And here is how it does: Christ said this "gift" given by God is for the world.But the interpretation giving says this gift given is for a selected group; is for the Christians. This is outright contradiction of God's Gift.Needless to say, there is nothing like Christains in the days of Christ.How then can God make plan for something that don't exist? But from John 3:16 we see out of the Word personized that the many which are the called is 'mankind in general'.

Thus brethren do not be deceived by them. You and I are the chosen and the world altogether are the "called". And you my friend reading this God has called you to eternal life in his Son if answer his call by accepting His gift you become the Chosen of God.
Re: Selected Miscontrued Scriptures And Their True Meaning By Starlingslimnet by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 23, 2015
Sportmaster Tophaz Twaci Eleantrancey Mizmycoli Ishilove And others I cannot remember their monika

(1) (Reply)

The Triple-bond-model Of Marriage... A Must Read / Delay Judgement / Freedeom For Drug Addit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.