Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. (1735 Views)

Wtf!! Is It Safe To Say This Mum Is Crazy? / Cossy Orjiakor To Pastor David Ibiyeomie: "Release Kemi Olunloyo Or I'll Expose" / I Expose My Body To Inspire Upcoming Models - Beverly Osu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by talentarena(m): 9:09am On Aug 23, 2015
BEWARE! YOUR BVN CAN EXPOSE U. KEEP IT SAFE.
Please read this carefully, it may save you a few hundred, or a few thousand, or may be a few million bucks. It's a personal experience, a true event that happened this afternoon. I am Sunday Adewole, I just fell victim of fraudsters a few hours ago. I am an account holder with StanbicIBTC bank, I am trying to put fund together to pay for my daughter's tuition fee in CU in which case the institution already resumed last week. Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from somebody purportedly from StanbicIBTC who said "Am I speaking with Dr. Adewole" (called out my other names) to which I answered in the affirmative. He said he called in respect of my BVN which I was observed not to have done, I replied that I already had it done with Skye bank and he said the bank will send me a link so that my account with Stanbic will be linked with the BVN. True to our conversation, I receive a message from StanbicIBTC in which an OTP was sent to my phone. A few minutes later, he called to ask if I got the the SMS, I told him yes but I can't do anything about it cos I was driving. He said no problem I should call out the numbers which I did and he thanked me for my cooperation in a customer service manner. I heard nothing since then till this afternoon at precisely 13:00 hrs when I received a SMS from StanbicIBTC informing me of a debit transaction which cleared my account to the lowest thousand, i.e. I was left with a paltry N685 (six hundred and eighty five naira). I called my account officer who confirmed to me that I have fallen victim of fraudsters and he checked up on my account and saw that the recipient acct is in First Bank. My puzzle is how did they get my account details? How were they able to generate an OTP to my phone. I am waiting to see what my bank would do on it. In the mean time, please be aware of what the 419 people can do. I'll keep you posted on any new development

CC: Lalasticala - this needs to be on front page please.

http://talentarenaafrica.com/beware-your-bvn-can-expose-u-keep-it-safe/
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Elosky20: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2015
w
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by mdbissalla(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2015
sorry bro
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by frodobee: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2015
So this BVN thing is not even reducing bank scam.
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 23, 2015
Ewooooo! Wetin dey xup?
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Babe2sure(f): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2015
Hehehe! Scammers always stepping up their games.
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by ovalrose(f): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2015
eh eh? front page oo,mods biko
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Lilshorecords(m): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2015
easyaccess123:
Ewooooo! Wetin dey xup?
lol. Brother, u see ehn! OP na Maye. E don pay boys..
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
Babe2sure:
Hehehe! Scammers always stepping up their games.
hey cute, how r u today? Can I borrow ur bvn pls?
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by enoqueen: 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Sorry ooo
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Babe2sure(f): 6:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
easyaccess123:
hey cute, how r u today? Can I borrow ur bvn pls?

My BVN? You are on a looooong thing.
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by omaniblog(m): 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
eya
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Crocz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
That's how one pretty voice lady called me allegedly from Sterling Bank asking for my BVN number so she can link to my account...and I foolishly gave her the number. But I wasn't bordered cos the account is dormant anyway.

Some few minutes later, she called to remind me of my account dormancy(like I don't fu'cking know b4)...then she pleaded I should make "real" transactions in the account grin

Probably the left over amount in the account wouldn't do for her, she wants better...she's prolly waiting for the day I'll make a deposit into it, who uses Sterling Bank these days again anyway?...na dia she go old, I don't use the bank any often than I use tissue to wipe ma a'ss
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by slimmyjimmy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
angry yoruba pipo angry
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Mummydjc: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2018
Pls if someone give out her bvn to paylaTer and didn't receive d money will they take ur money and r dey fraudsters?
Re: Beware! Your Bvn Can Expose U. Keep It Safe. by Mummydjc: 10:22am On Aug 01, 2018
If someone sent a empty acct with bvn now will dey get access to your other ACCTS?

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Ibinabo Fiberesima Worked As Prostitute 4 Jonathan. Emeke Ike Alleged / Rukky Sanda Looking Sexy In New Outfit And Hair Style / See Basketmouth Crime Scene Asked Fans To Solve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.