Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? (18999 Views)

Got My Grandma An Xbox As A Joke For Xmas And Now She's Been Playing For 3 Days / HELP!! How Can I Make Modern Combat 4 Work On Android 5.1 / In Need Of COD: Modern Warfare 2 (PC) SOLVED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Maamin(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2015
I have been trying earnestly to get my Xbox controller to work with my PC Call Of Duty 4(modern warfare). But all attempts have proved futile. I will be glad if anybody have an idea how to go about it.

Any useful information will go a long way in helping young Gamers overcome this gimmicks. smiley

Please Cao move this to Front Page ASAP! kiss
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 23, 2015
If it's an Xbox one controller, i think it can only work with Windows 10.
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by cao(f): 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
I can't move anything to front page, I can only suggest it, but I highly doubt TPTB will move this to FP. Google is your friend. The last time I played using my Xbox 360 controller was with Windows 7 (or Vista **shrugs**) like the guy above me pointed out, it should also work fine with an XO controller.
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Maamin(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
ellad2k4eva:
If it's an Xbox one controller, i think it can only work with Windows 10.

Is an Xbox 360 controller, but have you really tried it? Does the X-one pad work with COD4 PC that is using Windows 10 ?
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Maamin(m): 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
cao:
I can't move anything to front page, I can only suggest it, but I highly doubt TPTB will move this to FP. Google is your friend. The last time I played using my Xbox 360 controller was with Windows 7 (or Vista **shrugs**) like the guy above me pointed out, it should also work fine with an XO controller.

Thanks dear! Trust me, I have searched google to it second and third pages *you know what that means* embarassed

I currently have windows 7 installed on my PC, an XO controller will require endless settings and configuration but am ready to do just that if I get assured that this will work perfectly.
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
Maamin:

Is an Xbox 360 controller, but have you really tried it? Does the X-one pad work with COD4 PC that is using Windows 10 ?

I avnt tried it buh i made an extensive research on d Xbox one controller cuz am interested in d elite controller. All i gathered was an Xbox one controller will only work on Windows 10 only. Really don't know much about the Xbox 360.am an Xbox one fanatic.
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Maamin(m): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
ellad2k4eva:

I avnt tried it buh i made an extensive research on d Xbox one controller cuz am interested in d elite controller. All i gathered was an Xbox one controller will only work on Windows 10 only. Really don't know much about the Xbox 360.am an Xbox one fanatic.

Awww! I see, Xbox 360 controller is the available controller I have presently. Will try to get an Xbox one. Thanks!
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by VIPERVENOM(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Maamin:
I have been trying earnestly to get my Xbox controller to work with my PC Call Of Duty 4(modern warfare). But all attempts have proved futile. I will be glad if anybody have an idea how to go about it.

Any useful information will go a long way in helping young Gamers overcome this gimmicks. smiley

Please Cao move this to Front Page ASAP! kiss
there are some games dat don't work with Xbox controller/emulator and COD4 is one of them. so I'll advise u use xpadder
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Maamin(m): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
there are some games dat don't work with Xbox controller/emulator and COD4 is one of them. so I'll advise u use xpadder

Is xpadder a software that works with the COD4? I would like to know more about it..thank!
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by VIPERVENOM(m): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
Maamin:

Is xpadder a software that works with the COD4? I would like to know more about it..thank!
its a gamepad emulator. I can't really say much....I explained it on this thread. u can check it out

www.nairaland.com/2399471/how-use-usb-controller-games
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Maamin(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
its a gamepad emulator. I can't really say much....I explained it on this thread. u can check it out

www.nairaland.com/2399471/how-use-usb-controller-games

Ok thanks! I will check it.
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by sheymaziggy: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2015
U can try downloading Xbox controller software on ur pc on Microsoft site ,it might work
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Maamin(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2015
sheymaziggy:
U can try downloading Xbox controller software on ur pc on Microsoft site ,it might work

i have done that still not working.. embarassed
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by HyDef(m): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2015
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Maamin(m): 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
HyDef:
www.cinemablend.com/m/games/How-Use-An-Xbox-One-Controller-PC-63527.html

Check that if you haven't already.

am not JUST clamoring for using xbox controller for PC games...but for playing a particular game called "CALL OF DUTY 4" (MODERN WARFARE)

i Will be glad if you have any helpful info.
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Donpely(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
The only way u can do that is by using a software called Pinnacle Game profiler... It makes ur Pad work on any game
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by andre5000(m): 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
Try motion joy ND DS3 it works for me but using ps3
Google the software
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by kulex2k1(m): 8:29am On Jun 19, 2016
andre5000:
Try motion joy ND DS3 it works for me but using ps3
Google the software

Motionin Joy messes up ut bluetooth settings and freezes ur pc most times. i use "SCP Server" it emulates ur ps3 or ps4 controllers perfectly well on ur pc.
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Mckandre(m): 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
COD modern warfare series doesn't support gamepad,its only meant for mouse and keyboard cos its one of the early last gen games ported on PC's. try from black ops series, ghost and the rest of them; these are the only ones that supports gamepads (xbox360)
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by kulex2k1(m): 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
Mckandre:
COD modern warfare series doesn't support gamepad,its only meant for mouse and keyboard cos its one of the early last gen games ported on PC's. try from black ops series, ghost and the rest of them; these are the only ones that supports gamepads (xbox360)

Bros u just lied...
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Mckandre(m): 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2016
kulex2k1:

Bros u just lied...
I stand to be corrected.
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by oneroflo57(m): 2:34pm On May 09, 2017
Any luck with the controller bro?
I just downloaded modern warfare 2 and 3 and installed only to realise my xbox 1 pad won't work....very very tiring and I just finished play lingerie modern warfare 1 remastered which is very very interesting
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Themaths(m): 3:05am On May 16, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, XBox One controller works seamlessly with it on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update and later. No need for mapping, just pair via Bluetooth
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by oneroflo57(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2017
Themaths:
To the best of my knowledge, XBox One controller works seamlessly with it on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update and later. No need for mapping, just pair via Bluetooth

I am using an xbox 1 pad and running Windows 10....they didn't work
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by oneroflo57(m): 11:17am On May 16, 2017
Themaths:

I am using an xbox 1 pad and running Windows 10....they didn't work with the pad
Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by Themaths(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2017
If you did your connection well, you shouldn't be having any issues. Right now, i am using the Sony Dualshock 3 controller. If u look at the 2nd pix, u can see that the XBox One is the default controller. Cheers brother

Re: How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? by oneroflo57(m): 1:59am On May 18, 2017
This is other the old call of Duty....this is called of duty modern warfare 1 (remastered) already finished playing it

Am talking about the original 1 and it's subsequent sequels

Modern warfare 2 and 3
I Googled them and info I got was that they didn't provide pad support for pc blq bla bla
There is a way for making it work n someone already mentioned it above ...u downloaded it but it didn't work on my pc said i should download the latest versi9n ...which I couldn't find

So bro am not talking bout modern warfare remastered...I already played and ended it ...

(1) (Reply)

Fifa 15 Pc Lagging Solved / Which Game Made Your Childhood? / Kratos Vs The Hulk,,,let See If Almighty Kratos...even Stand A Chance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.