Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Nigerian Immigration Passport Issuance Office And Their Shenanigan. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Immigration Passport Issuance Office And Their Shenanigan. (836 Views)

Nigeria Starts 48-Hour Visa Issuance At New York Consulate / Nigerian Begins Visa On Arrival (voa) Issuance For Business Visas, Tourist Visas / Fed Govt Goes Tough On Visa Issuance To Stop Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Immigration Passport Issuance Office And Their Shenanigan. by JKWilliams: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dear Member,

I'm surprised that no one has brought up this issue or notified this community on the irresponsibility of the Nigerian immigration service precisely their passport issuance office.

I have been hearing from multiple reliable sources that the Nigerian immigration passport issuance office has been accepting application for the 32 page passport through their website and state offices while there are no availability of the 32 page booklet. Why accept and collect money when the "product" is not available?

Many complainant that went online to follow through with their online application said that no warning or notice was displayed concerning non-availability. Rather they let the application pass through to the payment page where payment is then collected.

Many people including but not limited to students that are due to resume in U.K., U.S. and Canada for October and January semesters are stranded waiting for passport issuance. If they can't issue 32 page passport and it's taking them over 3 months to print a common booklet then they should ask those that pay for 32 pages to pay the difference in fee and upgrade their application to the 64 page passport rather than keep them waiting or do they expect them to come and pay another fee? They are really taking citizens for granted.

My advice to any one looking to apply for the 32 page passport is DO NOT try it! They will just collect payment and then tell you they ran out of stock.
Re: Nigerian Immigration Passport Issuance Office And Their Shenanigan. by divinehand2003(m): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
Welcome to naija my dear.
A LAND BRIMMING WITH IRRESPONSIBLE, COLLOQUIAL, AND FOOLISH PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO LACK THE ABILITY TO RULE THEMSELVES WISELY.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Immigration Passport Issuance Office And Their Shenanigan. by seunpaulapata: 12:18pm On Sep 03, 2015
@jkwilliams I'm Having the same issue, have you managed to sort yours out and how did you go about it.
This is making it the 1 month n 2weeks now since I went to submit my bio datas and was told no paper on ground..
Re: Nigerian Immigration Passport Issuance Office And Their Shenanigan. by JKWilliams: 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
seunpaulapata:
@jkwilliams I'm Having the same issue, have you managed to sort yours out and how did you go about it.
This is making it the 1 month n 2weeks now since I went to submit my bio datas and was told no paper on ground..

I was not directly affected. A friend of mine was affected that's why I posted here. I was informed that they want you to bribe them before they issue it to you (This may be the case in some states). Go to their office, tell them you need it urgently and ask them how they can help you, you will probably be shocked at their response.

This country is so corrupt.

(1) (Reply)

Schengai Visa Denial / Photos: Not Just In Lagos;Heavy Rain Causes Serious Flooding in the Uk / Container Falls On Danfo In Ojota (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.