Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra (1428 Views)

UpDate Breaking News: Update on Biafra News Live Video & Pic / Text Of Speech By Kemi Adeosun At The 2016 Nigeria Diaspora Day Conference / Osinbajo, Dabiri-Erewa At The Nigeria Diaspora Day 2015 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
American-based Nigeria filmmaker, Odera Ozoka, has commenced work on a war epic titled 'Biafra: A Forgotten Place.'

The African Movie Academy Award-winning director, who is in Nigeria for the production of the film, said he was excited to begin pre-production work on the piece.

"It is a big project and nothing of this magnitude has been done before, so there is a certain pressure. But a sweet one," Ozoka said.

Asked if it is similar to Biyi Bandele's 'Half of a yellow sun' which starred British Nigerian actor Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, and Genevieve Nnaji, Ozoka said: "Firstly any movie on Biafra is welcome because our stories should always be told and retold. It is how we learn from the mistakes of past. 'Half of a yellow sun' is different from my movie. While that one is a love story, mine is that of survival."

He said while nationwide casting dates have not been announced, all interested parties will be able to get information on the film's website, adding that he is stuck because there are several people with talents across Nigeria and he wishes to see them all if possible.

Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by MrRobot: 2:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
'Half of a yellow sun' is different from my movie. While that one is a love story, mine is that of survival."

Sound good. I can't wait to see it
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Mekus68: 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
Yes. I like part which says...our stories need to be told and retold. The world has to hear us by all means n all form possible.
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by EasternLion: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Biafra ga-adi ndu.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Leopardd(m): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
EasternLion:
Biafra ga-adi ndu.

I ga-adi

Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Leopardd(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
I want to see how they'll act the part where Ojukwu was fleeing to abidjan dressed like a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by asala1: 6:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
That's great.
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by seunny4lif(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
smiley
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by brize(m): 6:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
I want to see how they'll act the part where Ojukwu was fleeing to abidjan dressed like a woman.

me too and also where Biafrans children spirit chased Awolowo to drink a rat poison under his bed in his bedroom... Coward he was

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
brize:
me too and also where Biafrans children spirit chased Awolowo to drink a rat poison under his bed in his bedroom... Coward he was
you still believe this tales by moonlight told to you by your palmwine drinking civil war crippled uncle under a mango tree?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by cheruv: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
Someone should do a season film on Biafra using General Aleksandr Madiebo's book.that book provides an indepth knowledge about the war.
The film could run into 10 seasons..and most likely would end up being the pride of every Igbo
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Duru1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
cheruv:
Someone should do a season film on Biafra using General Aleksandr Madiebo's book.that book provides an indepth knowledge about the war.
The film could run into 10 seasons..and most likely would end up being the pride of every Igbo

The book had serious flaws. All human beings are fallible.
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by ARIZONA123(m): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:

. Seggegg aka Azzima. Leave this thread now! OR..............
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by brize(m): 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
you still believe this tales by moonlight told to you by your palmwine drinking civil war crippled uncle under a mango tree?
wow tales, my uncle, palmwine and mango tree all that sounds unique and the story and that makes the story unique also, the truth never decays don't you know?
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nnamdi kanu is a god! Ha ha biafra is now on the news on daily basis!!!!!! Well, the film will be a gift to the zoo when we leave this contraption. My joy is that biafrans all over the world are waking up! Next year is our year, make or break, in peace or in war. Even the pedophile and terrorist buharam knows this. Biafra is here!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
ARIZONA123:
. Seggegg aka Azzima. Leave this thread now! OR..............
who is seggegg and who is Azzima? I can seem to search for them on nairaland.

Azzima and seggegg are the 3rd and 4th moniker you have pinned on me today. Hope you won't call me Seun or INTROVERT very soon. grin
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Bobbystanley(m): 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
The land of the rising Sun.
The home of wise men.

Chukwu Gozie umu Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by T9ksy(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
While that one is a love story, mine is that of survival."

Survival? Hmmmm,it will be very interesting to see how he depicts "kwashiorkor soldiers" engaging the federal troops on the war front.
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by size40: 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
If they like they should go to the orbit or outer space to film it. Biafra died with Ojukwu. If u doubt me, go to late Ojukwu's grave to dig it or exhume it. U Will find Ojukwu's carcass on one side and Biafra on d other side both of them lying and facing each other in d grave.
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
Is it not your babalawo crippled uncle that told you the fake story?
Re: Nigeria: Diaspora Filmmaker Plans Epic On Biafra by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
size40:
If they like they should go to the orbit or outer space to film it. Biafra died with Ojukwu. If u doubt me, go to late Ojukwu's grave to dig it or exhume it. U Will find Ojukwu's carcass on one side and Biafra on d other side both of them lying and facing each other in d grave.
Which psychiatric hospital are you now? I want to pay you a visit.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Nigeria Preparing For Jihad.mass Importation Of Arms And Ammunition / Amaechi,a Friend Or An Enemy Of Ikwerre People - By Ikwerreboy / Photo question: Please When Is Buhari Visiting Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.