Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] (1146 Views)

My 2017 Summer And Fall Adventure In Canada / The Beauty Of A Kenyan Safari . Here's My Journey In Pictures / Top 5 African Safari Destinations For An Unforgetable Getaway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by IdJack(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2015

Traveling the world once in a while and spending $$$ is good.

Singapore Night Safari is the world’s first Safari park for nocturnal animals. Today, the award-winning park welcomes about 1.1 million visitors a year. People come from all over the world to enjoy the unique experience of seeing over 2,500 animals representing over 130 species in their naturalistic day and night time habitats.

My Visit to Singapore was not to go to a museum, zoo, or relaxation park, but purely on a business trip. But as days turns to weeks; I decided there is a need to explore the rich country of Singapore, since adventure is part of my hobbies and lifestyle.
Before this period, Singapore Night Safari was on my mind as I have heard a lot of news from friends residing in Singapore and Malaysia. This is one of the more unique zoo experiences of which I’ve heard — it features exclusively nocturnal animals and lets you walk around on trails in a cage-free environment. But first, you should know two things before going to the Singapore Night Safari. To be the best parent in the world, your kids need to visit this place and believe me they will adore and love you the more. Secondly the calmness and friendly the zoo posses.

The Singapore Night Safari is a free park, the animals and their eyesight. It opens at 7:30pm and closes by 12:00am; but you need to go there early with your ticket so you can be accredited to enter, you can as well buy your ticket online or at the point of entry. I decided to buy mine online through an agent for easy access and fast accreditation.

There is so much to see, and it’s worth having an extra time to explore at your own pace. Taking pictures with flash is one of their ‘don’t’ especially at night; so as not to scare the animal and also to avoid the animal from being wild. You will agree that you won’t get any good pictures, especially in the night while the tram is moving but for the experience.
My evening began with scantily clad male dancers performing at the entrance for first entertainment. The ‘Thumbuakar warriors’ entertained us with their fire spitting skills as well as fire eating abilities.

The Tram ride: The highlight of the evening would probably be the tram ride. Once inside the night safari, you will face scores of human traffic queuing up of the tram ride. The forty-five minutes ride took us through the entire Night Safari, showing us the animals in their recreated habitats. On the tram, our tour leader shared lots of interesting animal facts, history and origins.
Strolled into the realm of the animals at our two giant aviaries where the Malayan flying foxes and giant flying squirrels which can come right next to you. The aviaries are along the Leopard Trail where you can get within a whisker of the beautiful leopards from their dedicated glass observatory, the Tiger eating her prey as well as Lions taking their dinner. Hippopotamus may be vegetarians, but that doesn’t mean they won’t eat you. They’ll chew you up and spit you out.

According to facts from the tour guide, there are about 300 lions left in Asia — all of them in India. Elephants need to be separated from their babies because they will fight and/or kill them. Rhinos run very fast, but not for long. If you’re chased by a rhino, your endurance very well could save you.

A visit to the walking trails. You get to walk around deep in the jungle and get up close to the animals. Hmmmmm I was afraid; likewise my team mates. But the guide tour reminded us that there are trained security guards that takes care of the zoo and are stationed at strategy places should in case any animal became wild. I think this is what really makes the Singapore Night Safari different from other zoos in the world, it was really interesting. Have you heard of the flying ‘squirrel’, visit Singapore Night Safari and you will be surprise with the little dude.

My experience with the excellent tour guide far exceeded my expectations. He got us through the lines quickly, and was so knowledgeable about the animals and flora and fauna. I really felt I was on a 'private' tour. I had the opportunity of visiting the River Safari and it was fantastic.

Evening Show
But for me, the final part of the Singapore Night Safari was Safari ‘Creatures of the Night Show’ which featured some of the animals showing off — a raccoon that really knew how to recycle, a smoky leopard, even a wolf. This was definitely more of a show for kids, but it was a lovely entertainment night show. The highlight, though, was when they reached down into a box below people’s seats and pulled out a reticulated python called ‘Maggie’, one of the world’s longest species of snake! Also you will be amazed by the power jaws of a spotted Hyena, as it show you its ability to leap for prey.

Summary: Starting with informative and exiting tram ride through the night safari, followed by a guided walk along the trail to see the otters, deer and other animals. Concluding with a very tasty dinner, where I have a good taste of food in their traditional village ambiance of Ulu Ulu Safari Restaurant.

This is truly an after-dark wildlife adventure that is one-of-a-kind experience I will never forget in a hurry. Singapore Night Safari is managed by Wildlife Reserves Singapore If you are in Singapore and want to visit Singapore Night Safari.

MORE Pictures HERE http://www.enrichnaija.com/an-adventure-at-singapore-night-safari/

Re: A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by Atlantian: 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
When did you go to Obudu Ranch Resort last ?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by HerexG(m): 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
k
Re: A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by Lilyomi(f): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
Wow! Nyc one. vacationing calms u down from stress and this was perfect. I've also seen and heard a new thing today.
Re: A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by benedictnsi(m): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nice one but.......... Local background

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by IdJack(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
yea, that is how life suppose to be

Lilyomi:
Wow! Nyc one. vacationing calms u down from stress and this was perfect. I've also seen and heard a new thing today.
Re: A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by IdJack(m): 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2015

Atlantian:
When did you go to Obudu Ranch Resort last ?
Re: A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by IdJack(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
What were you expected of a Zoo....Decorated House abi?

You better wake up.

benedictnsi:
Nice one but.......... Local background
Re: A Nairalander Adventure At Singapore Night Safari [PHOTOS] by benedictnsi(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
IdJack:
What were you expected of a Zoo....Decorated House abi?

You better wake up.

Speak correct English pls...

(1) (Reply)

5 Fantastic Tips For Sleeping Comfortably On A Plane / The bad shape of futo hostels / U S A Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.