Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Engine Revving! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Revving! (2313 Views)

Car Not Revving Above 3000rpm / My Toyota Camry Pencil Light V6 Revving Itself / Any Implication Revving A Car At Idle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Revving! by OShepherd: 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
Pple in d house! Kindly save me 4rm dis roadsides. I complained of engine not revving & as am typing this, av changed parts ranging 4rm fuel pump on 2 occassions to Fuel filter to Fuel injector to all plugs to kickstarter & now ystday was told dat car my engine requires "ringing" or complete replacement cos it lacks pressure & can't even move 4rm one point now... Any idea on dis engine's failure even wen all of dese components r OK?
Re: Engine Revving! by airsaylongcon: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
OShepherd:
Pple in d house! Kindly save me 4rm dis roadsides. I complained of engine not revving & as am typing this, av changed parts ranging 4rm fuel pump on 2 occassions to Fuel filter to Fuel injector to all plugs to kickstarter & now ystday was told dat car my engine requires "ringing" or complete replacement cos it lacks pressure & can't even move 4rm one point now... Any idea on dis engine's failure even wen all of dese components r OK?

No Brand
No Model
No History

How person go help u. The problem is in the exhaust. No sorry it's in the Radiator

5 Likes

Re: Engine Revving! by krystaball: 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
We advise people to scan vehicles so as to avoid stories like dis. call 07011822425 if in lagos.
Re: Engine Revving! by dejarule: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
Sorry dude, a clogged fuel filter or weak pump could cause lack of rev. u shld have d engine scanned. just get ur car away from der asap
Re: Engine Revving! by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Engine Revving! by mayor2013: 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
All this changed shocked. Kazeem must be having some real nice weekend with your cash tongue

1 Like

Re: Engine Revving! by EVehicleConsult: 12:57am On Aug 24, 2015
OShepherd:
Give full details of your vehicles since they are try n error guys it might not be the engine pressure issue
Re: Engine Revving! by OShepherd: 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2015
Tanx bro, it's a Golf3, 2.0Engine, 94model, Auto drive wit good maintenance history bt av noticed incessant decrease of Engine oil & traces of blue smoke wenevr on high speed of recent. Also, can d Engine be "ringed" according 2 d MechO or outright replacement? As 4 d scanning stuff, my location is a new site & my office not even far 4rm home so making me fall in2 Kazeems's hand but I pray one NLndr can open up a w/shp around here. Gazzuz, Sienna & Ikenna take note!
Re: Engine Revving! by femicousim: 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
have the car scanned, you need to give more details about the car and also be explicit with symptoms, is the revving problem when the car is stationary or when in motion? it might be a clogged exhaust for all i care, a throttle body actuator, TP sensor, in some cases knock sensor or even EGR, even if they claim the engine lacks "pressure", be sure to do an engine compression test 1st.

whatever is the business of the "Kickstarter" with engine not revving, anywhere please get it to a competent & honest automotive engineering technician, may call 08055518883
Re: Engine Revving! by femicousim: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
OShepherd:
Tanx bro, it's a Golf3, 2.0Engine, 94model, Auto drive wit good maintenance history bt av noticed incessant decrease of Engine oil & traces of blue smoke wenevr on high speed of recent. Also, can d Engine be "ringed" according 2 d MechO or outright replacement? As 4 d scanning stuff, my location is a new site & my office not even far 4rm home so making me fall in2 Kazeems's hand but I pray one NLndr can open up a w/shp around here. Gazzuz, Sienna & Ikenna take note!

you have a spent engine from the details you have given, blue smoke is a fallout of engine oil escaping pass the piston rings into the combustion chamber, burning with air/fuel mixture. i rather you settle for a tokunbo engine because of inferior engine refurbishing parts, BUT if can get very good replacement parts then you can attempt ringing/sleeving

that's an OBD 1, only very few technicians have OBD 1 connectors/adaptors.

goodluck

1 Like

Re: Engine Revving! by EVehicleConsult: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
the engine is on the way out,but for the 2.0 engine for wv/audi don't even think of so call ringing to the local understanding.if its a 1.8 engine you can ring it.so just get a tokumbo engine at about 25 to 30k skeleton and fix.
OShepherd:

the engine is on the way out,but for the 2.0 engine for wv/audi don't even think of so call ringing to the local understanding.if its a 1.8 engine you can ring it.so just get a tokumbo engine at about 25 to 30k skeleton and fix.
Re: Engine Revving! by airsaylongcon: 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
OShepherd:

Siena is the goto guy for VAG cars. VAG: Volkswagen and Audi Group
Re: Engine Revving! by clemz85(m): 12:38pm On Aug 28, 2015
airsaylongcon:

No Brand
No Model
No History

How person go help u. The problem is in the exhaust. No sorry it's in the Radiator

yes the exhaust might be, I have seen where it happened in Toyota camery, the exhaust components got shattered, the car barely steam for a minute.
Re: Engine Revving! by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2015
My 2006 pathfinder won't rev,I changed the brain box and all became bumps.
Re: Engine Revving! by mayor2013: 5:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
pearly1:
My 2006 pathfinder won't rev,I changed the brain box and all became bumps.

Why and who asked you to change your brain box (computer box)? Pls run a scan on the car first. That would pick up exactly why the car can't rev. There too mNy components on a car that wouldn't make it rev so do you start throwing money on which ever one. To run a free scan and fix the problem call 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: Engine Revving! by OShepherd: 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
femicousim:

you have a spent engine from the details you have given, blue smoke is a fallout of engine oil escaping pass the piston rings into the combustion chamber, burning with air/fuel mixture. i rather you settle for a tokunbo engine because of inferior engine refurbishing parts, BUT if can get very good replacement parts then you can attempt ringing/sleeving

CAR GURUs! Am bak 4rm ringing/sleeving because d Mecho was able 2 search frantically 4 durable parts cos av proposed disposing it in some few weeks/mnts 4rm now bt will like 2 ask if restarting/rerunning d rebuilt Engine also has effect on some aged parts in d Engine bay like d starting Coil, kickstarter etc as a result of its new pressure. I can also post som pixs of d job as I spend most of my off hours observing deir activities as well as chip in ideas from dis gr8 forum!

goodluck
Re: Engine Revving! by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2015
I am really lost

1 Like

Re: Engine Revving! by diportivo: 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I am really lost

grin grin grin
Re: Engine Revving! by OShepherd: 11:41am On Sep 13, 2015
Hey! Morning Car fellows! @last I got my vehicle back & alive! d car runs fine now & surprisinngly it steams. Men d Mecho knows his onions. 4 dose who says it's impossible 2 ring a 2.0Engine, abeg cut it. Bring Ur VW engines & dis Baba will fix it wit 100% guarantee. Infct, let me show U som pix of d processes! Cal me & I'll hook U up with Baba VW- 08060286044
Re: Engine Revving! by kingreign(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I am really lost
Oga, see the reply to his update
OShepherd:
Hey! Morning Car fellows! @last I got my vehicle back & alive! d car runs fine now & surprisinngly it steams. Men d Mecho knows his onions. 4 dose who says it's impossible 2 ring a 2.0Engine, abeg cut it. Bring Ur VW engines & dis Baba will fix it wit 100% guarantee. Infct, let me show U som pix of d processes! Cal me & I'll hook U up with Baba VW- 08060286044
Re: Engine Revving! by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
I hope it lasts. How much did you spend on parts? How much is a toks engine?
Re: Engine Revving! by cardoctor(m): 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
OShepherd:

How much did parts and labour cost you?
Re: Engine Revving! by OShepherd: 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
Everything cost approximately 32K & d car per4ms excellently. However, I got information 4rm 3 different sources dat half Engine costs like 46K excluding workmanship & considering d distance & rigours
Re: Engine Revving! by kingreign(m): 10:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
OShepherd:
Everything cost approximately 32K & d car per4ms excellently. However, I got information 4rm 3 different sources dat half Engine costs like 46K excluding workmanship & considering d distance & rigours
I give that engine highest 1 year, the engine go go back to zero. You don carry 32K go weave complete basket.
Na me talk am no be beef no be curse but na wetin go happen, quote me anywhere. angry
Re: Engine Revving! by mayor2013: 2:54am On Sep 14, 2015
kingreign:

I give that engine highest 1 year, the engine go go back to zero. You don carry 32K go weave complete basket.
Na me talk am no be beef no be curse but na wetin go happen, quote me anywhere. angry

1year bro. Too much. 3months max.
Re: Engine Revving! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:04am On Sep 14, 2015
All ye of little faith! grin

(1) (Reply)

Is Auction Export Real? / 2021 Lexus LC500 For Charity / What Is The Cost Of BMW E46 M54 Gear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.