Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? (2121 Views)

How Good Are This Mobil 5w30 Oil / Are Hyundai Cars Bought Without Custom Papers? / Please How Good Are These Car Batteries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by mikotek(m): 1:19pm On May 20, 2017
Hello my brothers and sisters, I'm thinking of buying a used car, so I saw this Hyundai Lantra that caught my attention.(1992) So I want to know how good they are in terms of the following :
1. Fuel economy
2. Is it good for commercial use? I mean, is it rugged?
Who know about this car please share your experience

Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 20, 2017
The last person,i saw this car with later parked it in mechanic shop.......
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2017
[quote author=SAVEDBABA post=56707246]The last person,i saw this car with later parked it in mechanic shop.......[/quote
haba bros
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by Nobody: 10:39am On May 21, 2017
[quote author=obekediamondfuto post=56718363][/quote]....the car was a company car,the car was always down with break or something else......lol
....maybe it was due to horrible machanic or something,you can consult GAZZUZ,nurey,denn for more professional advise
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by mikotek(m): 10:36pm On May 21, 2017
....maybe it was due to horrible machanic or something,you can consult GAZZUZ,nurey,denn for more professional advise[/quote]
Thanks. The truth is the car is rare to find, but this one is very clean so I thought I could give it a try.
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by nurey(m): 6:35am On May 22, 2017
I can't say much about the elantra but anything Hyundai is always OK. But make sure the engine is in top share, engine prices for this car are expensive. What year elantra are you aiming for, or a pix will also do?
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by mikotek(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2017
It's a 1992 edition
nurey:
I can't say much about the elantra but anything Hyundai is always OK. But make sure the engine is in top share, engine prices for this car are expensive. What year elantra are you aiming for, or a pix will also do?

Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by Originalsly: 7:01pm On May 22, 2017
1992 Hyundai?... and you want to buy one?... it is a very good car to buy....if you want it for a museum... spare parts...or to convert it into a safe pen for up 3 week old chicks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by diportivo: 7:33pm On May 22, 2017
Originalsly:
1992 Hyundai?... and you want to buy one?... it is a very good car to buy....if you want it for a museum... spare parts...or to convert it into a safe pen for up 3 week old chicks.

na wa o bros

is it too old

1 Like

Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by nurey(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2017
mikotek:
It's a 1992 edition

i will answer your question with logic as all fingers arent equal and i believe if there was cash you did buy something better.

if this car is Nigerian used please stay far away no matter how cheap they come, it is on extra time and extra time means it can pack-up in a twinkle of an eye, the parts will fail often that means more visit to the mechanic, the engine will even be smoking as 20W50 is the only oil this car has known.

let me know your budget and see if i can recommend cheap cars within the said budget. If you have further questions feel free to ask.
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by mikotek(m): 10:15pm On May 22, 2017
nurey:

i will answer your question with logic as all fingers arent equal and i believe if there was cash you did buy something better.

if this car is Nigerian used please stay far away no matter how cheap they come, it is on extra time and extra time means it can pack-up in a twinkle of an eye, the parts will fail often that means more visit to the mechanic, the engine will even be smoking as 20W50 is the only oil this car has known.

let me know your budget and see if i can recommend cheap cars within the said budget. If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for your kind words and understanding. My budget is 250k. I know it's hard to find a good car with that amount
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by nurey(m): 9:15am On May 23, 2017
mikotek:

Thanks for your kind words and understanding. My budget is 250k. I know it's hard to find a good car with that amount

have you tried to find the golf 2, there are some in good shape within your budget. See the list of cars i would buy if i was in same position as you

1. VW vento (hard to see but possible)
2. mazda 323
3. Nissan sunny/almera 1996-1999
4. 1996-1999 honda civic european version manual

Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by mikotek(m): 10:17pm On May 23, 2017
nurey:

have you tried to find the golf 2, there are some in good shape within your budget. See the list of cars i would buy if i was in same position as you

2. mazda 323
Thanks nurey, I really appreciate your kind gesture, I'll keep searching
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by mikotek(m): 11:12pm On May 30, 2017
nurey:

2. mazda 323
I have seen Mazda Xedos 6, I don't know whether it's a strong car. I don't know whether it has good fuel economy

Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by nurey(m): 11:41pm On May 30, 2017
mikotek:

I have seen Mazda Xedos 6, I don't know whether it's a strong car. I don't know whether it has good fuel economy

If it is the 1.6 or 1.8L 4 cylinder engine, it's ok I have come across the xedos been used as taxi before. The 1.8L is fitted into other cars too that are more common and recent than the 1.6L.

Inspect well before parting with cash
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by mikotek(m): 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
nurey:

If it is the 1.6 or 1.8L 4 cylinder engine, it's ok I have come across the xedos been used as taxi before. The 1.8L is fitted into other cars too that are more common and recent than the 1.6L.

Inspect well before parting with cash
It was a V6, 2.0 engine, so I thought would not be fuel efficient for commercial use, so I didn't buy.
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by segzyndpep(m): 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
nurey:

2. mazda 323

Please which will you advice me between hyundai sonata 2012 and acura tsx 2010
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by nurey(m): 5:33am On Jun 17, 2017
segzyndpep:

Please which will you advice me between hyundai sonata 2012 and acura tsx 2010

Both a very good cars, the Acura has more luxury though. It all boils down to which one you fancy most out of the two.
Re: How Good Are Hyundai Lantra Cars? by segzyndpep(m): 2:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
nurey:

Both a very good cars, the Acura has more luxury though. It all boils down to which one you fancy most out of the two.

Thanks sir

(1) (Reply)

Why Some SUVs Can Be Submerged And Driven In Water Without Stalling The Engine / Any Affordable and Clean Tokunbo NISSAN MICRA Car @ibadan / A Lady Experiences With A Yahoo Boy In A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.