Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Buhari Inaugurates Hajj 2015 Flight To Saudi Arabia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Inaugurates Hajj 2015 Flight To Saudi Arabia (333 Views)

President Buhari Inaugurates Boards Of NNPC, NCDMB & NNRA (photos) / Buhari Inaugurates His Economic Adviser, Dipeolu, Others Photo / Buhari Inaugurates BOT Niger-Delta Cleanup (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Inaugurates Hajj 2015 Flight To Saudi Arabia by morgist(m): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
Buhari, represented by Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, performed the ceremony at the Kaduna International Airport, Kaduna.

“Our country is going through very challenging times and we will need all the prayers we can have and the best place to do that for the Muslim Umma is in Saudi Arabia,’’ the President said

Buhari congratulated Kaduna state for being chosen for the inaugural flight and expressed hope that the 2015 hajj would be the best in the history of Nigeria.

He said the Federal Government was committed to reducing the cost of pilgrimage and involvement of government in the exercise.

“I agree with the views of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs that hajj, if properly organized, should add value to the Nigerian economy rather than take from it.

“Accordingly, I approve the constitution of a very thorough and effective Central Coordinating Team of Muslim Leaders to oversee the hajj this year,’’ he said.

Buhari said the leader of the hajj coordinating team is the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II.

Other members include the Emir of Songa, Dr Haliru Yahaya, Dr Ibrahim Datti Ahmed, and Alhaji Zakariya’u Babalola.

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar called on the pilgrims to abide by the rules and regulations in the holy land and warned that whoever violated them would be punished.

“This is the inaugural flight of pilgrims from Kaduna state and I urge state governments to continue to give maximum support and assistance to all the pilgrims from their states.

“Pilgrims must be God-fearing and do everything because of God as we pray for your safe trip to Saudi Arabia and return to Nigeria,” Abubakar said.

The National Amirul Hajj and Emir of Kano, Alh Mohammed Sanusi II, called on pilgrims to abide by the rules and obligations of hajj.

Sanusi urged them to pray for peace and development of Nigeria and follow the teaching of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) while in the Holy Land.
Re: Buhari Inaugurates Hajj 2015 Flight To Saudi Arabia by kestolove95(m): 10:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
I must go to hajj b4 I die insha-Allah
Re: Buhari Inaugurates Hajj 2015 Flight To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
another jamboree of the north.

many of them cant sustain themselves or stand alone yet they are sponsoring people to hajj as if that improves their lives or the economic well being of the state.

well it is a free oil money from biafraland so spending it without thinking twice is allowed.

during the northern agriculture boom their was no such jamboree .

(1) (Reply)

Find University Singles Near You. / freestyling / No Pay Cut For Oyo Workers - Oyo APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.