Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Mob Roasts Man For Stealing Woman’s Pot Of Soup In Calabar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Roasts Man For Stealing Woman’s Pot Of Soup In Calabar (548 Views)

Man Poisons Neighbour’s Pot Of Soup In Lagos ( Photo) / Family Steals Pot Of Soup In Mpape / Mob Roasts Man For Robbing A Woman Pot Of Soup In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Roasts Man For Stealing Woman’s Pot Of Soup In Calabar by osinachinwosu(m): 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mob roasts man for stealing woman’s pot of soup in Calabar

A mob on sunday morning, in Calabar Cross river state capital butchered and set ablaze a young man beside the fence of the Atu Secondary School along Goldie Street for allegedly robbing a woman of a pot of soup while two of his accomplices managed to escape.

The hoodlum in the company of two others are alleged to have attacked the woman in the wee hours of the Sunday at No 3, Mayne Avenue Extension in Calabar South and were attracted by the aroma of the soup the woman was warming in readiness to eat with her children before heading for the early morning mass at the nearby St. Bernard’s Catholic Church and decided to cart the pot of soup away.

A young man who lives in the same premises with the lady said as the robbers were about to get out of the compound with the pot of soup, the woman raised alarm prompting neighbours to go after them and caught up with the one carrying the pot of soup and dealt him several machete cut before setting him ablaze.

“It was almost dawn when the boys attacked the woman and carried her pot of soup and when they were about getting out of the compound, she raised alarm and people came out and pursued them and caught up with this one”. Our source who prefers anonymity said

He said the boy was not able to run as fast as his accomplices were because he not drop the pot of soup but was running with it which gave the mob the chance to catch up with him and butche him. “This is not the first time they have come to our compound to steal. Last week they removed the car battery of one of our neioghbours and once night falls, they waylay people, especially ladies around Goldie by Atu and snatch their handbags and phones”. He said.

At the time of writing the report there was no sign of the presence of security agents there while the body was still lying by the Atu Secondary School fence.
/p6qjJs-Z2

Re: Mob Roasts Man For Stealing Woman’s Pot Of Soup In Calabar by Afam4eva(m): 11:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
Is that the soup? How can they steal soup when the leave has not been added. maybe they were only interested in the meat.
Re: Mob Roasts Man For Stealing Woman’s Pot Of Soup In Calabar by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 24, 2015
Afam4eva:
Is that the soup? How can they steal soup when the leave has not been added. maybe they were only interested in the meat.
hehehehhehe
Re: Mob Roasts Man For Stealing Woman’s Pot Of Soup In Calabar by Ginaz(f): 12:18am On Aug 24, 2015
crime never pays, when we this generation learn?
Re: Mob Roasts Man For Stealing Woman’s Pot Of Soup In Calabar by azimibraun: 3:09am On Aug 24, 2015
Does it mean that Jungle justice has no solution in Nigeria? I will advice my Family members and friends as much as I can not to expose themselves criminality. But if they do or by mistaken Identity they are lynched and burnt alive as Nigerians do? The FBI will be learners compared to the investigations I will do and Keyser soze will be a leaner when compared to me in seeking revenge and eliminating gradually family members of those that I would have identified participated in carrying out jungle justice on my blood.

Pictures and Videos don't lie and neighbors will always praise participants. That will aid investigations and revenge.

Crimes must be reported to the police.

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Win Boko Haram Fight Like Civil War – Obasanjo / Facebook / Four Year Old Child Stoned In Germany For Kicking Migrant’s Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.