Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google (696 Views)

Please How Can I Remove Bing From Mozilla Firefox As A Default Search Engine. / Garmin GPS: Get Fast & Accurate City Navigation For East & West Africa 2016 Map / How To Hack CCTV Using Google Search Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google by examprepng: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2015
A sixteen-year-old Canadian kid of Indian-origin, Anmol Tukrel, has developed a personalized search engine. He claims it to be 47% more accurate than Google search results, and 21% more accurate on an average.

Google is hands down the big daddy of search engines and twines in itself the definition of world wide web. Google has been challenged time and again in its search supremacy, most recently rumored by Apple Inc. Competition is always expected in the tech industry, but Google’s search algorithm getting challenged by a 16-year-old Indian origin kid is unprecedented.

Anmol Tukrel is like any other regular teenager who had just passed his tenth grade, except that he is now challenging Google’s authority. In a matter of few months and approximately 60 hours of coding, Anmol, who is an Indian origin Canadian citizen, has designed a personalized search engine claiming it to be 47% more accurate than the Google Search, and about 21% more accurate on an average.

While talking to The Times of India Anmol said:
I thought I would do something in the personalized search space. It was the most genius thing ever. But when I realized Google already does it, I tried taking it to the next level

Anmol started the project of personalized search engine as part of submission into Google Science Fair, a global online competition open to students age 13 to 18 years.

The accuracy of the search engine was tested to a limited search query of this year’s news articles from The New York Times. He compared the search results of his indigenous search engine with that of Google and the accuracy accordingly was well, above 47%. For all the skeptics, Anmol has put up a link to the test cases online for anyone to view.

The kid had a very basic developmental kit, a computer with at least 1 gigabyte of free storage space, a python-language development environment, a spreadsheet program and access to Google and New York Times.

Google has just announced Sundar Pichai, an Indian as its CEO, and now an Indian origin teen challenging the tech giant who had recently rebranded itself to Alphabet. Seems like the Silicon Valley has a mysterious affinity to the Indians.

Re: 16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google by HerexG(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2015
Opportunities in life are limitless

Let's crave to find one wink
Re: 16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google by chocolateme(f): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2015
Nice one kiddo
Re: 16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google by isan(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2015
Nigerian teenagers are building their search engine on social media cheesy
Re: 16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google by loomer: 9:00am On Aug 24, 2015
Lovely
Re: 16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google by HDee(m): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2015
you try.
Re: 16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google by Antoinne: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2015
I wouldn't believe this story until i research it myself. Moreover, kid only tested news articles.
Re: 16-year-old Indian-kid Claims His Search Engine Is 47% More Accurate Than Google by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2015
Its very possible. No computer code is 100%. If your code is 99.9% someone who creates that .1% can market it well and surpass your company.

I foresee google employing this kid if they sense competition.

Bia [url=examprepng]OP[/url], where's your source and picture of the boy? Is this a made up story?

(1) (Reply)

Mp3cutter / Get A Neat Hp Laptop @ 28k - Offer Ends Soon / I'm Giving Out This Software For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.