Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting (1523 Views)

Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting / Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting / Fasheun, Adams, Dokubo Others Threaten To Sue NNPC Over Contract Termination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by wolesmile(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2015
Worried by alleged mismanagement of funds of the commission running into billions of Naira, the Presidency has summoned the management of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, to answer questions on the true financial status of the agency.

Competent sources confirmed to Vanguard that the President would meet the management team of the NDDC and take them up on many issues relating to the management of the resources of the commission since the new board came on board in December 2013.

Buhari, according to sources close to his office, is furious that the management has allowed influential politicians to hijack the agency and made away with billions of Naira under the guise of executing contracts with little or no result on the ground to show for such money.

It was learnt that the President would seek answers to why the commission refused to adhere to due process in the award of major contracts valued at billions of Naira, preferring instead to split them in violation of the Public Procurement Act.

The President is reported to have been furious that the commission went ahead to award multi-billion naira contracts, paid and backdated them to last year to cover the financial misdeed even after the board had been sacked with a specific mandate to the managing director to take over the place.

Attempt to divert N3.8bn allocation

The struggle for the control of the finances of the commission is said to have reached its most embarrassing point about two months ago when two directors of the commission connived and withdrew N3.8 billion from the NDDC account in the Central Bank of Nigeria and paid the money to their favoured contractors drawn from their own states, leaving the managing director in the dark.

It was learnt that the managing director, who had accused the CBN of withholding the money was shocked on reaching the CBN to discover that two of his directors had secretly signed and collected the huge amount and paid to their ‘contractor-friends’ without his knowledge.

It was also learnt that the meeting, which is to take place at the Presidential Villa this week, is to enable President Muhammadu Buhari to get first brief from the Managing Director, Mr. Dan Abia and the two executive directors of Finance and Projects, Henry Ogiri and Engr. Tuoyo Omatsuli on what they have been doing to move the troubled region forward since they were appointed to office in December 2013 by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The briefing by the three key officials will also determine the next line by Buhari regarding their continued stay in office given the gamut of petitions of wrongdoing against them by Niger Delta stakeholders, individuals and groups.

Diversion of N2.7bn

In one case and with documents made available to Vanguard, N12.5 billion was split by the commission and paid to 12 companies said to be sponsored by top politicians close to the commssion for the ‘supply of security vehicles’ for the Nigeria Police Force to patrol the Niger Delta states only for the same commission to award another N2.7 billion ‘contract to individuals and groups’ to supply the commission with ‘intelligence gathering/management’.

A top source in the commission said that aggrieved staff and stakeholders have already raised the alarm that the so-called amount claimed to have been ‘paid’ to the intelligence-gathering contractors was simply diverted for political purposes.

“The truth is that no project called intelligence gathering was ever carried out but it was just a trick by some highly-placed persons to divert the money,” an official of the commission confessed.

Contract splitting

The contract bazaar by the commission also saw another N1.6 billion being carefully split among 85 companies for the ‘procurement, transportation and delivery’ of waste disposal trucks to the commission. It could not be ascertained if the trucks had arrived Port Harcourt as at last night.

But the most embarrassing, according to new documents released to Vanguard, is the award of another set of contracts to influential politicians worth billions of Naira under the subhead of “Women Empowerment Programme” of the NDDC for the supply and delivery of tricycles to the commission which was also backdated to last year to cover the misdeed as the amount involved was far beyond the approval limit o the commission.

Findings showed that the President decided to invite the management to explain their actions to him after receiving series of briefings on the troubled board by officials of the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, which supervises the NDDC.

But a director in the commission, who did not want to be quoted told Vanguard in Port Harcourt that the meeting with PMB was not as a result of the adverse audit report but a deliberate effort by the commission to brief the president on the activities of the agency.

The official explained that it was the management that requested for an audience with the Presidency in order to clear the air on many issues relating to the NDDC, one of which was the confusion over whether the two executive directors should continue in office after the board that brought them had been sacked.

The commission has been mentioned lately in a web of corruption allegations ranging from contract-splitting running into billions of Naira and inability to account for N183.7 billion which passed through it between 2008 and 2012.

Angered by the development, the Auditor-General of the Federation, Mr. Samuel Ukara, has issued a query to the embattled commission to account for the huge amount of public funds, an action that has not gone down well with the Executive Director, Finance, Mr. Henry Ogiri.

Apart from vilifying the Auditor-General for making the report public, Ogiri also questioned the audacity of Ukara to insist that the commission was unable to account for the said amount and called on the Institute of Accounts in Nigeria, ICAN, to discipline Ukara for alleged ‘unprofessional conduct’.

But the AGF has stood his grounds, maintaining that the NDDC refused to respond to repeated pleas by his office to respond to audit queries issued to it despite sustained reminders spanning over a year in each case.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-furious-summons-nddc-mgt-over-contract-splitting/#sthash.dP9slfLG.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by dunkem21(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by boboLIL(m): 10:25am On Aug 24, 2015
Buhari do something tangible abeg...mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 10:25am On Aug 24, 2015
Buhari is as confused as an ambushed rat.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by Rilwayne001: 10:29am On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
He is a fool.

How?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 10:30am On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=Rilwayne001 post=37278330][/quote] undecided
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 10:32am On Aug 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

How?
Every dull'ard is a fool.
QED

1 Like

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by Rilwayne001: 10:35am On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Every dull'ard is a fool.
QED
Whats your definition of 'dullàrd'?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 10:39am On Aug 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Whats your definition of 'dullàrd'?
...Someone without requisite intelligence. E.g, Buhari.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by onomeasike: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2015
Yet all this atrocities happened under the supervision of people who claim to be sons and daughters of Niger Delta??
If these atrocities are confirmed to be true, they should be each be taken to their villages,their family members called out and publicly whipped before sending them to jail.
These are criminal elements of the Niger Delta

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by Rilwayne001: 11:02am On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

...Someone without requisite intelligence. E.g, Buhari.

How did you come to the conclusion that he lacks requisite intelligence? What is Buhari??

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

How did you come to the conclusion that he lacks requisite intelligence? What is Buhari??
"I will stavilize world oil Frice" - Buhari

"I will make a Naira equal to a Dollar" - Buhari (Chai)

"West Germany" grin

"All frogressive cwonfidence" - Buhari

"Buhari" is the 'aka' of the Nigerian president. I gave him that name. I Severus Snape, Christened him.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by Rilwayne001: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

"I will stavilize world oil Frice" - Buhari

"I will make a Naira equal to a Dollar" - Buhari (Chai)

"West Germany" grin

"All frogressive cwonfidence" - Buhari

"Buhari" is the 'aka' of the Nigerian president. I gave him that name. I Severus Snape, Christened him.

Loool grin grin I can as well list Jonathan's blunder for you, but I don't have time for that this morning.

Your siggy tho', you know you are joking right?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by Happiness87(f): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2015
jail NDDC thieves, they steal money and leave the region still under developed
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 11:27am On Aug 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Loool grin grin I can as well list Jonathan's blunder for you, but I don't have time for that this morning.

Your siggy tho', you know you are joking right?

Hmmm...yes,I know you can list them. But just take a look at Buhari's own, they are just...just unthinkable and unimaginable.

As for my signature, That is just the truth. If all these ethnic groups leave Lagos, Then the city is dead. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city built by both foreigners and Nigerians alike. We can't say the same for cities like Kano, Enugu, Ibadan.

Lagos is no man's land
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by Iamoilprince(m): 11:50am On Aug 24, 2015
I personally know one of the Executive Directors. Even his house-gate is made with Pure Gold!!! Too much money
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by Rilwayne001: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hmmm...yes,I know you can list them. But just take a look at Buhari's own, they are just...just unthinkable and unimaginable.

As for my signature, That is just the truth. If all these ethnic groups leave Lagos, Then the city is dead. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city built by both foreigners and Nigerians alike. We can't say the same for cities like Kano, Enugu, Ibadan.

Lagos is no man's land

[size=15pt] Your opinion doesn't count brahh! [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

[size=15pt] Your opinion doesn't count brahh! [/size]
Take my advice then...Plunge into the lagoon.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by bayulll01(m): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

same for cities like Kano, Enugu, Ibadan.

Lagos is no man's land

Ranting of a madd man,so u don't even live in lagos,we know them,those who are hustling and making money in lagos will never utter those statement,keep spewing hate speech while the other tribes continue to progress
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by ba7man(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Buhari is as confused as an ambushed rat.
when these looters are being jailed, I know you'll be one of the first to scream "Buhari is a dictator".
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
bayulll01:

Ranting of a madd man,so u don't even live in lagos,we know them,those who are hustling and making money in lagos will never utter those statement,keep spewing hate speech while the other tribes continue to progress
Don't derail please, I don't have time for Tinubu ass cleaners like you, just know that Lagos is a no man's land
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by ba7man(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Lagos is no man's land
Damn!!! Is that you in your dp shocked shocked shocked

Lawd!!! Look at the person I've been quoting......

Thank God for the anonymous nature of this site.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
ba7man:
when these looters are being jailed, I know you'll be one of the first to scream "Buhari is a dictator".
Hey. Buhari will jail no one. He's a toothless propaganda spewing mongrel.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
ba7man:
Damn!!! Is that you in your dp shocked shocked shocked
Lawd!!! Look at the person I've been quoting......
Yes, that is me. I can upload the full one without any distortion if you want.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by ba7man(m): 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Yes, that is me. I can upload the full one without any distortion if you want.
No thanks, I wont quote you again.

Cheers.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by SeverusSnape(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
ba7man:
No thanks, I wont quote you again.
Cheers.
Good. Have a nice day.
Re: Buhari Furious, Summons NDDC Mgt Over Contract-splitting by bayulll01(m): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Don't derail please, I don't have time for Tinubu ass cleaners like you, just know that Lagos is a no man's land

As a matter of fact,am not a tinubu fan,and I pray his empire crumble,but u are the most moroniccc fellow on this great forum,they should award you the award of the most sillly person here. corruption is killing nddc and stop ur myopic view on lagos

(1) (Reply)

See Pic Of Nigerian Army Explosive Device Expert Dislodging Some IEDs In Borno / What World Leaders At UN Meeting Told Me About Buhari That He May Never Hear-obj / Photos: Buhari Arrives Paris Ahead Of UN Climate Change Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.