Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

Where Are The Gurus? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Are The Gurus? (575 Views)

FOR THE GURUS (solve This Lil Maths) / Puzzle: Where Are The Gurus? / Brain Teaser: Gurus In The House Answer This Simple One!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Gurus? by rummmy: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
Help me:
someone wanted to buy granite @ 97K. But didn't have the cash, so she borrowed 50K from mom and 50K from dad = 100K.

She bought the granite which left her with 3K change. she gave dad 1K and mum 1K and kept the other 1K to herself.

Now she owe mum 49K and dad 49K. Now 49K+49K = 98K + her 1K she kept = 99K.
Where is the missing 1K?

Pls help me bal d account
Re: Where Are The Gurus? by rummmy: 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
I can't believe no one can solve this little calculation
Re: Where Are The Gurus? by dochenaj: 2:05am On Mar 23, 2019
rummmy:
I can't believe no one can solve this little calculation
The 1K she has remaining should be subtracted from the 98K debt she owes to get the amount she spent to buy the granite. Instead of subtraction, you're doing addition and that is where the confusion is coming from.

And you're trying to account for the money borrowed, when you should be accounting for the money spent.

(1) (Reply)

Crutech,university 2015-2016 Post-utme Exammination Result Is Out To Check And U / What Universities Are Refered To as Nigeria's Own 8 'IVY League' School / Categories Of People U Will See When Result Is Released In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.