Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,085 members, 7,852,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:56 PM

My Mother Told Me 'eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Mother Told Me 'eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh (1011 Views)

Carl Ikeme Offered Super Eagles Job / Paul Le Guen Rejects Super Eagles Job / Harry Redknapp Shuns Nigeria's Call For Super Eagles Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Told Me 'eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
My Mother Told Me 'Eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh
[/size]
The Super Eagles of Nigeria’s head coach, Sunday Oliseh, has revealed what his mother told him before accepting the coaching job.
The Nation reports that the coach, who spoke at the Onikan stadium’s conference centre, during a session with journalists, said:“Let me share this with you. When I was to take the job, I told my dad and my mother. I will share what my mum told me with you.

Newly-appointed coach of the Super Eagles, Sunday Oliseh, has been asked to qualify Nigeria for the 2018 FIFA World Cup
“I called my father and mother that they are offering me this job, but my mother told me ‘Na fire my son’. But she told me something that I really loved, she said ‘If to say he easy, na everybody for dey do am’ But if I want to succeed, I should work hard to do it well that was what she said.
“I don’t have the base to work on but I try to look at it that in the past one year, we have played 62 players and that is practically six teams. I don’t mean those who played regularly but those who were invited to camp.
“In the national teams we have over 11 to 12 games and for now, I don’t have a base of six regular players that I can build the team around.
“To tell me now to start performing miracles by winning matches otherwise you resign if you don’t win this. I don’t think Guardiola or Mourinho will do that? My job is cut out for me and it is a lot of work. I look at it as a difficult task but I cannot succeed if we are antagonising ourselves.”
The ex-international also recently stated his dislike for his former Eagles teammate, Austin ‘Jay-Jay’ Okocha.
[/b]

www.naij.com/527728-oliseh-reveals-mother-told-made-accept-super-eagles-appointment.html

Re: My Mother Told Me 'eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh by boboLIL(m): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
Yes oo,,, na hot seat
Re: My Mother Told Me 'eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh by terzurum5(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2015
boboLIL:
Yes oo,,, na hot seat
I tell you. I still feel no one felt the heat on that seat like Stephen Okechukwu Keshi.
Re: My Mother Told Me 'eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2015
terzurum5:

I tell you. I still feel no one felt the heat on that seat like Stephen Okechukwu Keshi.

ontop d heat sef nigerians still pour lava ontop d man head just to make sure say im fail. How d man no burn suprise me

1 Like

Re: My Mother Told Me 'eagles Job Na Fire'- Oliseh by robosky02(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2015
use am cook better soup

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 2 (live) / The Ancient Art Of Shoushu Kung Fu . . . Click If U R Ready To Start Ur Journey / Enyimba Make Audacious Bid For Zlatan Ibrahimovic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.