Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships (1282 Views)

Nigerian Athlete Blessing Okagbare Breaks 22-year-old African Record / Blessing Okagbare's Wig Falls Off During Leap (Photos, Video) / Blessing Okagbare Beats Usain Bolt To 2016 Guinness World Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by worksmart(m): 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
[img]http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=blessing+okagbare+beijing+2015&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&ei=s5rbVdDHC4PoUoydg5AO&start=40&sa=N#mhpiv=2[/img]
1. Shelley-Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM) 10.76

2. Dafne Schippers (HOL) 10.81

3. Tori Bowie (USA) 10.86
8. Blessing Okagbare-I (NIG) 11.02

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by worksmart(m): 10:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
Married life appears to have taken a toll on her performance this season.

She appears to be carrying additional weight.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by pyyxxaro: 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
Her village people don open her case file grin

I blame Buhari totally for this cry
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by AngryNigerian(m): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2015
Uncle..u get zero!!! Uncle: y did u say such tng eh? because my teacher scored me zero in d assignnt u did for
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by MRBrownJ: 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2015
she was out of her league... i dont think she has ever beaten Frasier at a proper meet, and with the olympics soon arriving, she can clearly see who/what the competition will be.

that dutch babe is making considerable wave in the womens 100m

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by FruityLass: 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
Village people angry

Not even 2nd or 3rd position....
Anyways..she can do better.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
Haba! Op which 1 be last na? Can't u package d topic like Channels Tv did to read "Blessing Okagbare Came 8th in 100m Finals"?? ..OP u no get Conscience o grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by Captainswag225(m): 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
eish., am shocked! What happened? I guess its lack of motivation from buhari.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by worksmart(m): 11:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
@ the bolded:
Her rate of improvement is scary.

Imagine running 10.81 into a wind, her time is worth about 10.65 with a strong legal following wind.

In that type of form don't be surprise when she blows away the competition in the 200m in a time close to the world record.

Other sprinters and their coaches would be wise to find out and emulate her training regime if they want to stand any chance against her in next year's Olympics.
MRBrownJ:
she was out of her league... i dont think she has ever beaten Frasier at a proper meet, and with the olympics soon arriving, she can clearly see who/what the competition will be.

that dutch babe is making considerable wave in the womens 100m

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by psucc(m): 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
If good luck was bad luck according to APC, what has Buhari now brought to Nigeria?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by Nobody: 12:45am On Aug 25, 2015
worksmart:
@ the bolded:
Her rate of improvement is scary.

Imagine running 10.81 into a wind, her time is worth about 10.65 with a strong legal following wind.

In that type of form don't be surprise when she blows away the competition in the 200m in a time close to the world record.

Other sprinters and their coaches would be wise to find out and emulate her training regime if they want to stand any chance against her in next year's Olympics.
Dafne Schippers rise has been phenomenal. But Okagbare could still win a medal in the 200

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by worksmart(m): 12:56am On Aug 25, 2015
Okagbare has not won a single 200m all season, so it won't surprise if she fails to make the final.

CFCfan:

Dafne Schippers rise has been phenomenal. But Okagbare could still win a medal in the 200

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 25, 2015
worksmart:
Okagbare has not won a single 200m all season, so it won't surprise if she fails to make the final.

Right. But the desire to make amends should see her through. She must not come back medal-less cheesy

As for the 4x100 relay, aside Okagbare, her potential teammates are all running 11.17 or 11.22 There is no hope there at all.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by worksmart(m): 1:11am On Aug 25, 2015
No amount of wanting to make amends could overcome her obvious lack of fitness. The lack of fitness would be more exposed by the 200m.

Going into the 200m there are about 5 or 6 women that have faster times than her.

CFCfan:

Right. But the desire to make amends should see her through. She must not come back medal-less cheesy

As for the 4x100 relay, aside Okagbare, her potential teammates are all running 11.17 or 11.22 There is no hope there at all.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 25, 2015
She should come bck home jare!
What was she expecting after getting married?

For car owners, it's all on u, get our ELM device and run diagnostics for vehicle wt ur fone, anytime. Check ma signature.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by kilokeys(m): 6:34am On Aug 25, 2015
Besides.. I blame d husband's joystick..
Condemned her centre of gravity..

Things fall apart when d centre cannot hold
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by worksmart(m): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2015
There is nothing stopping her enjoying her husband, but she should not forget her training.
kilokeys:

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2015
kilokeys:

Besides.. I blame d husband's joystick.. Condemned her centre of gravity..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by MRBrownJ: 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
kilokeys:

lol, so what you are saying is that she didnt fukc in the past, right?!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by akintun: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
worksmart:

She has run only two 200m races all season. She was second in one and was disqualified in the second.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by Icon4s(m): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2015
Guess it's bc she now has to combine career and marriage undecided

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by worksmart(m): 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2015
The one she was disqualified in for lane infraction, she came 3rd or 4th.

Overall very disappointing.

If she makes the final at all, I expect she would at the very rear of the field.

akintun:

She has run only two 200m races all season. She was second in one and was disqualified in the second.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Finishes Last In 100m At World Athletics Championships by worksmart(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Winner Ballon D'or 2015 - See Pictures / What Mourinho Whispered To Conte (nigeria Version) Laugh It Off / Asamoah Gyan Constructs Astro Turf For Alma Mater

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.