Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385877 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2019
Please what is my best option to fix this cracks on this POP ceiling. My screeder wants me to bring it all down so he can redo it. Please advice

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2019
meohio7777:
Please what is my best option to fix this cracks on this POP ceiling. My screeder wants me to bring it all down so he can redo it. Please advice
cc dominionng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
keepingmum:
I was given this estimate for the roofing part of my 3bed bungalow - any comments please

for the iron roof members
1. 2x2 angle iron (5mm) : 20 lengths @ N4700= 94,000
2.1½x1½ pipe (4mm): 18lenghts @N3400 = N61,200
3.2x2 pipe: 32 lengths @N4600= N147, 200
Total N302,400
Labour 60,000
Grand Total =N362, 400
Roofing sheets: 136sq @N1400 per Sqm = N191, 520
Roof total = N553, 920
Are u roofing with steel?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
ijebulion:
please is 120ft by 120ft equals 2 plots of land.
my own thinking was that a 2 plots of land should be 240ft by 120ft but a friend was telling me that 120ft by 120ft equals 2 plot. infact he called it a square land,
so my people in the house please analyse and help out if its wrong or not.
Thanks
ur friends are correct, always known that when divided the 120 into 2, it will give u 60ft, and full plot of land is, 60feet by 120,feet thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:32am On Apr 04, 2019
adanny01:

A plot is either 50ft by 100ft or 60ft by 120ft depending on the location. In the north is mostly 50 by 100 and 60 by 120 in the south.

With respect to 60 by 120, 2 plots can be either 120ft by 120ft or 60ft by 240ft. Most often you will find 2 plots as 120 by 120 than 60 by 240.

Most lands are sold with one 60 side as front having the access with the 120 as the sides of adjoining plot or with a corner piece case having access at one side too.

A 60 by 240 means having 2 plots arranged end to end. You find that mostly in estates where the 2 plots are back to back of 2 streets. This kind of land is not usually suitable for most purposes since its too long on one side.
2plots is 120x120 or 100x100
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 7:00am On Apr 04, 2019
Chekitaut:
2plots is 120x120 or 100x100

No contest, i did say that and more. Abi you never seen 2 plots 60x240? I have seen 50x200 severally.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:23am On Apr 04, 2019
adanny01:

No contest, i did say that and more. Abi you never seen 2 plots 60x240? I have seen 50x200 severally.
This is correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keepingmum: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2019
Rubbiish:

Are u roofing with steel?

Its a flat roof design.....not sure what the steel roof means (novice here cry )
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by b2212(m): 10:15am On Apr 04, 2019
very true. my roof is about 219sqm someone went there an measured 350sqm. he thought i will give him money to buy and install. Thank God i didnt.
GoodFaith:

Watch the measurement of the roof---
Make sure u have three measurement
Some manufacture can send somebody to give measurement
Measurement is a big game in roof

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 11:10am On Apr 04, 2019
this is wrong and unsafe!
are you sure that person is an engineer or an I too sabby labourer?
this shows that no preliminary designs where made for your structure.
well if the work is for an ordinary bungalow, I can give it a go on. but if that's a story building? I rather you break down their and repositioned the footings.
Engineer. A.B Muhammad

tempex88:
Engineers in the house, please I need clarification on the picture below, I have about four columns with this kind of adjustments and my engineer told me it's to correct an error and there is nothing to worry about.

Should I be worried and is this right?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OALandAgents: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
morning all smiley
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OALandAgents: 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
morning all smiley
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
b2212:
very true. my roof is about 219sqm someone went there an measured 350sqm. he thought i will give him money to buy and install. Thank God i didnt.

350-219 = 131sq
what did you paid for 219sq
what would you have paid for 350sq
Armed robbers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nenyec2: 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
smiley
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nenyec2: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
smiley smiley
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
meohio7777:

Is it under a deck or attached to a noggin? Sadly, if it is under a deck, it has to be pulled down. But if it is attached to a noggin, it can be corrected. It will be rebraced, re-gashed, re-dressed, and lastly it will be screeded.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 1:52pm On Apr 04, 2019
twinskenny:
cc dominionng
Thanks for the mention boss.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zellfoxx: 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
Good day all, what is the best wood for roof framing to be done in Lagos mainland? And is it advisable to buy yourself or just pay someone to get them. I heard its better to get from outside Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onyeakusiemeka: 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
BEST PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN LEKKI: A GOOD LIST OF SOME OF THE DECENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS FOR YOUR CHILD IN LEKKI

Have you just gotten a land in Lekki or bought one of the houses for sale in Lekki, or simply relocating to one of the areas around the Lekki Axis, and not wanting to compromise on your little ward’s educational needs?
Because at the end of the day, education is the one gift you can give that child and be rest-assured that it will remain with them for a life-time, corroboratively, according to a quote by B. B King, “The beautiful thing about learning is no-one can take it away from you”. best primary schools in lekki
When push comes to shove and Houses are put up for sale and cars are changed for newer versions, education is one lasting legacy and you want to be sure the foundational years are solid, grounded and smooth.
Primary education is the bedrock of Intellectual ascent, without it, children grow into adults without the weaponry of survival; dismal, unable to cope, stressed, stunted and no-one likes inability or disability, especially when it is one that you can help, and when it has to do with your own very special little ones.
Socialization too often becomes a paramount concern for the super-parent when seeking out a school for those lovely children, you want to make sure they are properly socialized in an environment conducive for learning and one that encourages exposure
best primary schools in lekki Here are a few schools you might want to check out when it comes to picking out a school that suits the needs of your child in the Lekki/Ajah Axis

Russell International School, Lekki-Epe, Lagos
Bowie International Lekki-Epe Lagos
Debiruss Schools, Primary School in Lekki, Lagos
Pedrisi School Lekki-Epe Expressway Lagos
Corona schools, Balogun Udu, Leki, Lagos
Kayron International Schools, Lekki-Epe, Expressway, Lagos
Caleb International college, primary school, Lekki/Epe expressway, Lekki, Lagos
Pinefield schools, Lekki Lagos
New Hall International School
GR8 schools, Lekki, Lagos
Royal Regency Schools, Lekki/Ajah, Lagos
Readington school, Lekki/Epe expressway, Lagos
Berith Nursery and Primary School
Edidot Schools, Lekki-Epe Expressway
Chrisland School, VGC, Lekki, Lagos.

[color=#000000][/color]Don’t just think of buying one of the houses for sale in Lekki, also think of buying from trusted real estate companies like Victoria crest estates with houses for sale in Victoria Crest estate, Victoria bay, Alexandria Terrace and Victoria Nest, and that way the home to school distance for your child will daily be an experience to be looked forward to.

Visit http://victoriacresthomes.ng/blog/ for more grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nenyec2: 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
smiley
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
Good day experts in the house. Which of the following is best for hot water line? 1) Copper 2) PVC pipes 3) PPR pipes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
adanny01:

If it were my building, 14ft would be ok.

18ft as most suggested is 87% slope at a 39.15degree angle. Note that 100% slope is 45degree which i do not see as a reasonable slope to get.

Personally, i see a building with too high roof like a person wearing an oversized hat. I am always on the conservative side.

My maximum kingpost height is the height of the building/1 floor height plus foundation height plus 0.6metre. With most building or floor height at 3m+.5m foundation ground clearance+.6m. That gives me 4.1m which i adopt any thing exact, plus or minus as my king post height.

My ideal slope is 66.66% slope or a 30degree angle. For an 11m width, i add 2 eave lengths, of .6 making it 12.6 then divide by 2 to get 6.3 times .6666 to give a king post height of 4.12m.

A 9m width will be 9+1.2=10.2/2=5.1x.6666=3.4m

nice analysis, though as a renewable energy/solar person, am team flat roof all the way, i detest these high roofs, and acute angles. you cant easily install solar panels, nigeria would have poor electricity for a long time to come, so making plans to install solar in your build is a good plan grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
earthrealm:

nice analysis, though as a renewable energy/solar person, am team flat roof all the way, i detest these high roofs, and acute angles. you cant easily install solar panels, nigeria would have poor electricity for a long time to come, so making plans to install solar in your build is a good plan grin grin
right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2019
earthrealm:

You know i almost said it, what is in vogue now is flat roof If am to build a personal house today its gonna be a flat roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
Hello All,

I can't log into Nairaland with my smart phone. Is anyone here with same problem?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 11:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
adanny01:

If it were my building, 14ft would be ok.

18ft as most suggested is 87% slope at a 39.15degree angle. Note that 100% slope is 45degree which i do not see as a reasonable slope to get.

Personally, i see a building with too high roof like a person wearing an oversized hat. I am always on the conservative side.

My maximum kingpost height is the height of the building/1 floor height plus foundation height plus 0.6metre. With most building or floor height at 3m+.5m foundation ground clearance+.6m. That gives me 4.1m which i adopt any thing exact, plus or minus as my king post height.

My ideal slope is 66.66% slope or a 30degree angle. For an 11m width, i add 2 eave lengths, of .6 making it 12.6 then divide by 2 to get 6.3 times .6666 to give a king post height of 4.12m.

A 9m width will be 9+1.2=10.2/2=5.1x.6666=3.4m

You are correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 1:37am On Apr 05, 2019
Royruky:
Good day experts in the house. Which of the following is best for hot water line? 1) Copper 2) PVC pipes 3) PPR pipes

This I knw

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:36am On Apr 05, 2019
diordaves:
Hello All,

I can't log into Nairaland with my smart phone. Is anyone here with same problem?
nope
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OALandAgents: 9:25am On Apr 05, 2019
moing all
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by b2212(m): 10:14am On Apr 05, 2019
my brother!!!

GoodFaith:

350-219 = 131sq
Armed robbers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seanfer(m): 11:42am On Apr 05, 2019
GoodFaith:

350-219 = 131sq
Armed robbers

Same way a Popular Roofer sent His Installer to my Site and i got a quotation double the size of the building... Thank God I have other options and it saved me 250,000

(1) (2) (3) ... (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.