Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386768 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 5:42pm On May 25, 2019
castrokins:
I have been a tenant for the past 4 years at a property and just a month into the 5th year. Before the end of my 4th-year tenancy, I made a deposit of more than half of my annual rent, say 75%. But the property owner is threatening me with notice to quit just the month after the end of my 4th-year tenancy. Note that my 4th-year rent expired in April 2019, the deposit I made is effective from May 2019 and the notice came in yesterday. What do you advise? Do I take my deposit and quit? In the threat notice, it is claimed I am a tenant at will and I have discovered a tenant at will is one who's holding on to a property after the expiration of rent. Given that I made part-payment to renew and it was accepted, is it right for the owner to claim I am a tenant at will??

You are not a tenant at will. It is however better to take your money and leave, but make sure you get your full refund before you vacate the premises.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by castrokins(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2019
Thank You So Much. This Much Has Been Corroborated By Lawyers Offline. I Am Replying The Law Firm On Monday. My Guess Is That They Employ That Argument To Scare Me.
Thanks

Royruky:

You are not a tenant at will. It is however better to take your money and leave, but make sure you get your full refund before you vacate the premises.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 10:23pm On May 25, 2019
castrokins:
Thank You So Much. This Much Has Been Corroborated By Lawyers Offline. I Am Replying The Law Firm On Monday. My Guess Is That They Employ That Argument To Scare Me.
Thanks

Thanks. I am a lawyer too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:02am On May 26, 2019
There is no visitors toilet without going off into one of the bedrooms. You might want to designate the bedroom to the right as a cum visitors and have the door open into the hallway.

Also if you have young children you might want to cut off the master bedroom and the bedroom on the left from that third one on the right with a lockable door to safeguard your children.
ak22:
Please all the engineer in the house is anything wrong with this plan ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 10:05am On May 26, 2019
No needs to be at least 2 by 4. If you can afford do 2by 2.
joycluv:
Can't PVC use 4x4 spacing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 11:52am On May 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol at l smell a rat, I agree with you though, when I see pastor, imam, etc and people swearing with God, bible, Koran, Allah, Ogun, obatala, ifa, iron, sword, Palm wine, native chalk etc, l raise my guard to 1000 trillion fold, talking from past experience, I trust my dog called Jack than some of these people masquerading as representatives of gods / men of God grin
The rat smelling part maybe you missed the point...Haha...check out the pastor profile and read his posts..maybe you can understand more...or maybe I reasoned it differently...it made sense though....hahaha
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:38pm On May 26, 2019
dongc:

The rat smelling part maybe you missed the point...Haha...check out the pastor profile and read his posts..maybe you can understand more...or maybe I reasoned it differently...it made sense though....hahaha
Forget about profile, the Devil himself has the greatest profile on earth and yet, God kicked him out of paradise, I am entitled to my opinion, l repeat myself, anyone doing business with me and come with a religious regalia like l earlier stated above, l raise my guard to 1000 trillion fold.

I have shipped several things from the western world to Nigeria, and I know what l went through in the hands of so called religious clearing agent during the clearance of the different times l shipped containers to Tincan island port until l arrived and saw the mess and all the lies told me before my arrival and l had to sort out several issues myself because I lost money in millions trusting in religious people to handle things for me and they fed me with bulshit stories before my arrival to Nigeria and l lost alot of money , but all is in the past now.

l am not saying the poster is like that but I am talking from my past experiences, do we have sincere people in Nigeria, yes, do we have sincere pastors / imams yes but they are few, so I trust my dog called Jack than some religious thieves grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 2:31pm On May 26, 2019
profjustine458:
Please recommend a good architect from nairaland
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 2:32pm On May 26, 2019
x6sc00:
Anyone here supplies the following

Art works for windows and the front entrance
Windows
Doors
Bath tubs
Showers stands
Wash hand basins
Kitchen sinks - Ceramics
Floor tiles

Chat me up on whatsapp on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:58pm On May 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Forget about profile, the Devil himself has the greatest profile on earth and yet, God kicked him out of paradise, I am entitled to my opinion, l repeat myself, anyone doing business with me and come with a religious regalia like l earlier stated above, l raise my guard to 1000 trillion fold.

I have shipped several things from the western world to Nigeria, and I know what l went through in the hands of so called religious clearing agent during the clearance of the different times l shipped containers to Tincan island port until l arrived and saw the mess and all the lies told me before my arrival and l had to sort out several issues myself because I lost money in millions trusting in religious people to handle things for me and they fed me with bulshit stories before my arrival to Nigeria and l lost alot of money , but all is in the past now.

l am not saying the poster is like that but I am talking from my past experiences, do we have sincere people in Nigeria, yes, do we have sincere pastors / imams yes but they are few, so I trust my dog called Jack than some religious thieves grin
This is entirely ur opinion and it's 99% valid. If I hear man of...... Before u mention God, I don reach my busstop.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2019
profjustine458:
cc darenyx
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:

relax! you totally missed the point...however lets move on...... kiss kiss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nifemiayoade(m): 7:48pm On May 26, 2019
twinskenny:
cc darenyx
ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY 08069253261. I RECOMMEND THIS FIRM. THEY ARE TRUST WORTHY, AND THEY ARE DOING GREAT
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nifemiayoade(m): 7:56pm On May 26, 2019
boredom:
I need a building structure engineer to check the integrity and strength and durability of a storey building in Ijanikin.

Your credibility and previous work HAS to be verifiable
see call 08069253261. That is ARCHARAN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igboitalo: 7:56pm On May 26, 2019
Block 9inchs - 5000, Block 6inches - 2000, 16mm rod - 150 Length, 12mm rod - 600 Length, 8mm rod - 250 length, Bounding wire 5 rolls, Cement -500 bags, Boards 500 pics, 9" board 60 pics, 6" Board 50 pics, 2*2*12 - 300 pics, Bamboo - 250 pics, Sharp sand - 30 trips, Filling sand - 15trips, Chipping - 150 Tonnes. I got this quotation for 2 bedroom 4 flat all room ensuite with visitors wc is this ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 26, 2019
igboitalo:
Block 9inchs - 5000, Block 6inches - 2000, 16mm rod - 150 Length, 12mm rod - 600 Length, 8mm rod - 250 length, Bounding wire 5 rolls, Cement -500 bags, Boards 500 pics, 9" board 60 pics, 6" Board 50 pics, 2*2*12 - 300 pics, Bamboo - 250 pics, Sharp sand - 30 trips, Filling sand - 15trips, Chipping - 150 Tonnes. I got this quotation for 2 bedroom 4 flat all room ensuite with visitors wc is this ok

Post the floor plan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by loffers(m): 9:37pm On May 26, 2019
igboitalo:

I guess this a storey building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igboitalo: 9:43pm On May 26, 2019
loffers:

I guess this a storey building
yes loffers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igboitalo: 10:18pm On May 26, 2019
segzy14:

Post the floor plan.
am hving a little problem posting the plan bear with me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by VBCampaign: 10:49pm On May 26, 2019
Please I need a one night accommodation in Lagos. Help:

https://www.nairaland.com/5209610/need-one-night-accommodation-lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 11:13pm On May 26, 2019
igboitalo:
7000 blocks total may not cover 4 flats of 2 bedrooms
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 11:18pm On May 26, 2019
castrokins:
I have been a tenant for the past 4 years at a property and just a month into the 5th year. Before the end of my 4th-year tenancy, I made a deposit of more than half of my annual rent, say 75%. But the property owner is threatening me with notice to quit just the month after the end of my 4th-year tenancy. Note that my 4th-year rent expired in April 2019, the deposit I made is effective from May 2019 and the notice came in yesterday. What do you advise? Do I take my deposit and quit? In the threat notice, it is claimed I am a tenant at will and I have discovered a tenant at will is one who's holding on to a property after the expiration of rent. Given that I made part-payment to renew and it was accepted, is it right for the owner to claim I am a tenant at will??

My brother, you are not a tenant at will. If you have been paying your rent annually within this 4 years and you have paid 75% of the current year. You are simply a annual tenant which means the landlord is expected to give you 6 months notice. The law is very clear. Please get a good lawyer to discuss this with and get him to reply the landlord lawyer immediately. I am sure he will be shocked. I believe you live in Lagos oh cos the law is only applicable to lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bubsykay: 2:48am On May 27, 2019
I salute the gurus on this tread, you guys are doing a great job and saving lives on here.

Please what will be the price range for the architectural design of a block of flat? Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:52am On May 27, 2019
bubsykay:
I salute the gurus on this tread, you guys are doing a great job and saving lives on here.

Please what will be the price range for the architectural design of a block of flat? Thank you

depends on the architect and location
some may charge you between 1 - 5% of the project costs.
Budget between 200 - 500k
you can contact me on 09056082348(call & WhatsApp)
Raymondfubara@gmail.com.

for more details.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 6:12am On May 27, 2019
bubsykay:

juellone@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igboitalo: 6:48am On May 27, 2019
Rubbiish:

7000 blocks total may not cover 4 flats of 2 bedrooms
like what will be enough thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2019
igboitalo:
like what will be enough thanks
Around 10000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 8:12am On May 27, 2019
bubsykay:

There is no fixed price
Depends on the architect & his qualifications
One can do it for 20k and another for 200k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 9:04am On May 27, 2019
Contact me, redmapleconsult1@gmail.com
profjustine458:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 9:06am On May 27, 2019
bubsykay:

there's no specific price, Price varies Also factors like approval requirements if any, and location.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.