Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4481197 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) ... (3689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
praxs:
My land is 50*100 which is just a plot of land. The picture is attached is from the internet, so I don't have the design. However, I wish to build a two bedroom apart with a similar frontage just like the attached picture. Discard the garage design, I don't need it, just the frontage. More to that, to reduce cost, I will prefer to go for flat roofing (Dubai Com temporary roofing, don't really know the name).
Do you think 2.5m can do this job? Location:Somewhere in the north

2.5M can’t do this job, you will need 5M on the average to get this type of finishing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beamNIGERIA: 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2019
EvaFemi07:
I am new here and I really want to thank everyone for what I have read so far on this forum. Please I want to ask about BOQ, we have a duplex and all drawings are ready so I would love to know:
1) How much does it cost
2) How detail does it always fo
3) Some told me 50k and I think it might be too expensive, what do you think
4) I dont have any ideas about it so what should I look out for
5) What differentiate a good BOQ from a bad one
Please I nedd your help

I'm of the opinion that you should engage a Quantity surveyor not just anyone. You assured to get the best as regards details and accuracy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 11:04pm On Sep 02, 2019
grin
Bruno85:
Congrats... but I'd rather wait till am ready to build a home than do this... I spent more than 50% of the total money you've spent so far just on house design and paper works alone.
I guess when they were talking about 20mil for 4bedroom duplex, houses like this was not taken into consideration.
Enjoy your house, but pls dont encourage people to do this you are doing.[color=#000099][/color] grin
Even with 100k you can get a carpenter to build a tent where you can live. There is price for everything.
Cheers.

I used roughly 20 bags for foundation work.....65 bags for blocks to lintel and beyond(2 coaches)....

Got free sharp sand from site....3 loads of stone for foundation(10k each)....3 loads of gravel(12k each)...40k for labour on foundation....130k for building labour...60k for iron rods....10k for lintel and pillar woods( got some free woods on site)...12k for sand filling...15k for iron work by welder....got a further 10 bags of cement for later works....cost of land is 200k(half plot) plus 20k for commission....5k given to lawyer who prepared papers(he's a father figure to me, a church member)....already done with soakaway(15k)

grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
EvaFemi07:
I am new here and I really want to thank everyone for what I have read so far on this forum. Please I want to ask about BOQ, we have a duplex and all drawings are ready so I would love to know:
1) How much does it cost
Please I nedd your help

the BoQ is detailed enough for building professionals to understand. 50k isnt too much for a BOQ, it can even cost more depends on the QS.
it would be difficult for a layman to differentiate a good BOQ from a bad one.Reason is because only a professional can understand some of the terms in it.

i prepare Boq, forward the drawings to me on whatsapp.09056082348 or Raymondfubara@gmail.com.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2019
ceelog:
This 4 bedroom duplex as it is. No internal works yet. Carcass built by an NL Engr (one of the best) and roofed by one of the most recommended on NL.
Cost so far less than 10million.
If Spyder008 could do it for his 5 bd duplex....

Where is the picture of the house, sir?
Can we know the nairaland engineer?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2019
shelliz:
I don't know how people manage to build for a cheaper price. My project is a block of 2 flats (4 bedrooms ensuite, visitors toilet and 2 bedrooms plus visitors toilet at the back and a gateman house. I have spent over 10 million naira excluding the land and the project isn't finished yet. I am even scared that it might get to 15 million - 17 million at the end of it. When i see people that built or are building for less , i Begin to wonder HOW?
Thanks for your comments l've spent N14.3 on mine now and yet to do the compound flooring and borehole.
People will just come on here and be saying they build a three bedrooms house with less than N2m.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 11:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/3695263/construction-fourbedroom-duplex-two-unit

Check out this building. Five bedroom flat and tow units of two-bedroom flats
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 12:00am On Sep 03, 2019
Pop and art work experts needed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mackengift: 12:41am On Sep 03, 2019
1. Type: Tanker vessel
Price (lease): disclose on discussion
Tonnage: 20, 000 tonnage
Note: Q88 available for interested serious buyers only

2. A 1000tons Tanker Vessel Scrap Available For Sale. Location: Bayelsa. Price: 30m net.
No buyer no inspection.
Buyer and Seller pays 5% each, making 10%.

3. SCRAP GENERATORS ABOUT 4,000(FOUR THOUSAND PIECES) FOR SALE IN LAGOS,CAPACITY BETWEEN:6KVA-60KVA,PRICE IS 300MILLION NAIRA ASKING.PICTURES AVAILABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.THANKS.

4. Pilling sheet:Origin-CHINA---SPECIFICATION:12MM IN WARRI,DELTA STATE,5,000 PIECES AVAILABLE.Price:520k.Mou must be signed before inspection and payment.Buyers mandate and sellers mandate must be present in warri for inspection,thanks.

5. Functioning fairly used generators
Types: 670 KVA is going for 8.5m
810 KVA is going for 10.5m.

6. Name: MT rescue
Tonnage: 535mt
Price: 110m
commission 5% from buyer and seller

Note: documents will be only show to interested serious buyers.

For inspection and serious enquiries,contact via call or Whatsapp:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opebiboy: 1:41am On Sep 03, 2019
Babs612000:

Thanks for your comments l've spent N14.3 on mine now and yet to do the compound flooring and borehole.
People will just come on here and be saying they build a three bedrooms house with less than N2m.
They are all scammers. People beware of them. A standard three bedroom house will cost 8million naira to complete. Anybody saying anything less than that is a criminal and scammer. Beware of people giving you cheap price. By the time they gain your attention they are closer to your pocket. You will regret it

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by timesup234: 1:52am On Sep 03, 2019
Depending on the design. You can build a very simple three bedroom for 6 million

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 2:35am On Sep 03, 2019
I keep laughing when someone will just post one rubbish pix and say i did this with not upto a million, when u ask him did u do this and that, then he will say baba mulika gave me 2 trips of sand , baba kudus dug the foundation for me free because he is my cousin . nobody will do anything for free in lagos, ph and abj for you cos they dont send you .
after some months they Will now come back here and start giving us problem, help o water is dripping from under my tiles o. Help o my this and that is menstruating o.
.My friend nothing good comes cheap if u are to follow standard procedure of construction u have to put so many things in place . what is worth doing is what doing well . When professionals give u an advice for free u should be thankful because of their kind gesture cos that is what they do for living. Build right cos there are some errors that can be impossible to rectify once it has been made unless u bring down the entire structure . just my one cents .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2019
bajeen:
Good morning,
After foundation works for my project, i now want to take it to lintel level. A bricklayer gave me an estimate of 2500 blocks
Cement: 75 bags
Sand: 5 trips
Labour: 180k

My ogas, please help me to vet as i am trying to cut cost while not compromising quality. How many blocks will a bag of cement lay? And what's the average labour cost of laying a block? Thanks

Provide all details first before one can advise accordingly... Already setting 2500 blocks shouldn't pass 130K on its own. If there are other things like Lintel casting, site concrete pouring etc. Specify them for a better advise

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2019
EvaFemi07:
1) How much does it cost
Please I nedd your help

Do you need a BOQ that's the question. If yes. Then let's talk.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:59am On Sep 03, 2019
bixton:

Easy enough. Why don't you tell the fellow that did the drawings to put up a BOQ for you.
You can bargain with him.

That's another option. That can be correct only if the person is into construction and has the right figures too. It's not everyone that designs that can do a BOQ remember doing BOQ is an entire job of a Quantity Surveyor to do, just that in Nigeria here, an experienced and well groomed architect or builder can try to do it...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2019
praxs:
My land is 50*100 which is just a plot of land. The picture is attached is from the internet, so I don't have the design. However, I wish to build a two bedroom apart with a similar frontage just like the attached picture. Discard the garage design, I don't need it, just the frontage. More to that, to reduce cost, I will prefer to go for flat roofing (Dubai Com temporary roofing, don't really know the name).
Do you think 2.5m can do this job? Location:Somewhere in the north

2.5 can't do the job. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2019
Dennis3D:

That's another option. That can be correct only if the person is into construction and has the right figures too. It's not everyone that designs that can do a BOQ remember doing BOQ is an entire job of a Quantity Surveyor to do, just that in Nigeria here, an experienced and well groomed architect or builder can try to do it...

Yea. The purpose of my statement is that whoever does the drawings should know or have those who are in the know of putting up a BOQ. That way the client can incorporate the payment for the design and BOQ together at an agreed wholesome price. At the end of the day it may become a better bargain for the client. That way if asking for an alternative BOQ it would be from whoever the client intends giving out the design drawings to bring to reality to cross check with that previously done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2019
opebiboy:
They are all scammers. People beware of them. A standard three bedroom house will cost 8million naira to complete. Anybody saying anything less than that is a criminal and scammer. Beware of people giving you cheap price. By the time they gain your attention they are closer to your pocket. You will regret it

The way and manner terms are used makes me wonder if this thread is only for professionals alone.
Please what do you term a "Standard" 3 bedroom house................putting everything into consideration.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Samaras: 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2019
Thanks for your answer. I sent you a mail for us to continue the discussion from there. Still waiting for your reply.

rotecch77:

Based on request here (bcs this section is not for advert) we can do such for you check my signature for contact and for further discussion.
We did this for a nairaland member at Lekki ajah area.

https://www.nairaland.com/3851900/general-finishings-5bdrs-luxury-duplex
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
Samaras:
Thanks for your answer. I sent you a mail for us to continue the discussion from there. Still waiting for your reply.

Ok thanks, I will check, but for quick chart you can reach me on
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
ThatHistoryGuy:

I knw a tiler that can give you something this sharp with black cement and 30x60 or 20x60 tiles

And for how much per sqm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2019
tikristinimi21:

is for the tilers or the material which one sir for the tiles or tiler
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2019
DFAMEGUY11S:
is for the tilers or the material which one sir for the tiles or tiler

How much for the tiler and how much for materials?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2019
tikristinimi21:

Of tile or for installation?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
ThatHistoryGuy:

Of tile or for installation?

For tile and for installation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:41am On Sep 04, 2019
tikristinimi21:

For tile and for installation

Chat me up on 081-57000-908
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by durojim007: 4:09am On Sep 04, 2019
ThatHistoryGuy:

Chat me up on 081-57000-908

When it comes to discussing money, you requested for private chat

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:41am On Sep 04, 2019
durojim007:

Do you expect people to be negotiating here?
Wowww. Sometimes people should learn to know the difference between a private space and public space.

Ethically and commonsenically it's wrong to be negotiating with any individual here. People here aren't interested in that and it's a violation of work ethics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 9:39am On Sep 04, 2019
durojim007:

Because business is secret cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shelliz: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2019
Dennis3D:

Do you expect people to be negotiating here?
Wowww. Sometimes people should learn to know the difference between a private space and public space.

Ethically and commonsenically it's wrong to be negotiating with any individual here. People here aren't interested in that and it's a violation of work ethics

ONLY IN NIGERIA!!! Any other part of the world where transparency is the order of the day, the price of an item, goods or services is open to all with either possibility of negotiating or not. But in NIGERIA, the reverse is the case. It's really a PITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please be specific when you talk about "work ethics"..... Next time you should state "some untransparent nigerians work ethics". Thank you

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:38am On Sep 04, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
durojim007:

Ofcus
That is talking business
You have to chat me up so we can be clear on what you need,what is available and also you see their samples . Not when I tell you 3.2k for Spanish 30x60 and someome else tells you 1.8k for another 30x60 you will say mine is costlier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) ... (3689) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.