Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389050 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2020
the casement can surely open inward n the net comes in-between the burglar proof n the window. I have used lots of this though they where fabricates in Italy n I have a guy that as done it too in nigery. so just take your time n you will get it done perfectly. you can do it.

quote author=Perfecttouchade post=88885519]the Casement can't open inward sir, there won't be reservation for your net and it will affect mobility inside the house [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KezManAluminum: 9:51am On Apr 27, 2020

Kindly WhatsApp me for samples of similar task we did for a client in Lekki

.....Client satisfaction is our ultimate goal

More about us.

We are a registered company in nigeria, We Deal with all kinds of Aluminum fabrication works such as Aluminum wardrobe, sliding doors, sliding windows, casement windows, e.t.c...Call 08073750596 or Chat me up http:///2348073750596

valencia2012:
Kindly contact me if you're capable of doing a good job. I mean 99 percent. The burglary proof comes before the glass casement. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 9:56am On Apr 27, 2020
Horlardorjah:
the casement can surely open inward n the net comes in-between the burglar proof n the window. I have used lots of this though they where fabricates in Italy n I have a guy that as done it too in nigery. so just take your time n you will get it done perfectly. you can do it.

quote author=Perfecttouchade post=88885519]the Casement can't open inward sir, there won't be reservation for your net and it will affect mobility inside the house
thanks for this Sir, I'm just considering some factors.. like kids going around and secondly the edge of the Casement might get them injured likewise an adult can mistakenly get injured in any process ( space factor). I will carry out my research on this .. Regards

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valentine87: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2020
Thanks bro.

ollykay619:

I am not an architect. My architect did it for me. Here is his contact 08162444238
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 10:55am On Apr 27, 2020
for anyone to think of using this type of window design, it must have been factored in during the architectural design stage which means the space must be large enough to accommodate the furniture without getting in the way of swing of the window.

good thought by you sir.
Perfecttouchade:
thanks for this Sir, I'm just considering some factors.. like kids going around and secondly the edge of the Casement might get them injured likewise an adult can mistakenly get injured in any process ( space factor). I will carry out my research on this .. Regards

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 11:15am On Apr 27, 2020
Click on the video and be amazed at what you will see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2rDEk_sdP4

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shyman(m): 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2020

Are you in need of domestic services?

Are you constrained by the stay at home situation?

Do you have your plumbing materials worn out or damaged and you're clueless as to how to resolve?

Has you plumber kept you on a long waiting list?

Worry no more...

We at Kings Plumbing Services are here to tend to your needs.. (services and material supply)

Kindly reach us on...
https:///2347053925146

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shyman(m): 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2020
shyman:

Are you in need of domestic services?

Are you constrained by the stay at home situation?

Do you have your plumbing materials worn out or damaged and you're clueless as to how to resolve?

Has you plumber kept you on a long waiting list?

Worry no more...

We at Kings Plumbing Services are here to tend to your needs.. (services and material supply)

Kindly reach us on...
https:///2347053925146

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tikristinimi21: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
KezManAluminum:

Kindly WhatsApp me for samples of similar task we did for a client in Lekki

.....Client satisfaction is our ultimate goal

More about us.

We are a registered company in nigeria, We Deal with all kinds of Aluminum fabrication works such as Aluminum wardrobe, sliding doors, sliding windows, casement windows, e.t.c...Call 08073750596 or Chat me up http:///2348073750596

Why not post the pictures of the sample here for all of us to see.Its a win-win for everyone.While you will most likely get job,Others will also get to see your capabilities and may then be willing to engage you.

Everyone should be wary of people who are in a hurry to say contact my WhatsApp for price. If your price is competitive, you shouldn't be scared to tell us!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
valencia2012:
Kindly contact me if you're capable of doing a good job. I mean 99 percent. The burglary proof comes before the glass casement. Thanks.
NOTICE:
I DO NOT INTEND TO CONTACT ANY INDIVIDUAL OR COMPANY PRIVATELY VIA EMAIL, WHATSAPP ETC.
PLEASE SEND ALL QUOTATIONS OR ADVERTISEMENTS HERE. I WILL CERTAINLY CONTACT YOU IF ALL GOES DOWN WELL. WHO KNOWS.....SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT JUST SEE YOU!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
Original J&B wires and cables with pure copper and complete 100metres in length available

1mm- N4,000
1.5mm- N5,200
2.5mm- N8,200
4mm- N14,000
6mm- N21,000
10mm- N33,500
16mm- N50,000

Benin city and environs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
valencia2012:

NOTICE:
I DO NOT INTEND TO CONTACT INDIVIDUAL OR COMPANY PRIVATELY VIA EMAIL, WHATSAPP ETC.
PLEASE SEND ALL QUOTATIONS OR ADVERTISEMENTS HERE. I WILL CERTAINLY CONTACT YOU IF ALL GOES DOWN WELL. WHO KNOWS.....SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT JUST SEE YOU!
this look beautiful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
valencia2012:

NOTICE:
I DO NOT INTEND TO CONTACT INDIVIDUAL OR COMPANY PRIVATELY VIA EMAIL, WHATSAPP ETC.

Actuall I have someone who usually do doors, burglar bars, etc for me but he is not a member,
But there is a guy here who can do it as this, I just know him here oo, he hasn’t work for me,
Here is few of his work

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
rotecch77:

Actuall I have someone who usually do doors, burglar bars, etc for me but he is not a member,
But there is a guy here who can do it as this, I just know him here oo, he hasn’t work for me,
Here is few of his work

Please have him send you more details about his jobs and availability nationwide.
I made out a little time to check your jobs too and found them impressive. The tiles settings, choices and edges were precise. I will need your services in this regard when next am in town.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
saydfact:

Granite isn't measured by trailer size.. The same trailer that transport 10 tonne could be used to transport 15 tonne or even 20 tonnes.

What you pay for is the tonnage supplied and the the transport.

Last time I brought 30 tonnes, few months back, it was about 140k (Lagos)., but your location determines how much you pay.

Goodluck
Location is Delta state, it's for decking and I have asked about tonnage that will be needed and all I keep getting is one trailer of granite without concrete description of content and I hate working blindly base on meer assumption.
I understood the fact the trailer is for transportation of the goods irrespective of size.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2020
valencia2012:

Please have him send you more details about his jobs and availability nationwide.
I made out a little time to check you jobs too and found them impressive. The tiles settings, choices and edges were precise. I will need your services in this regard when next am in town.

Thanks for checking our thread couples with the likeness you have in our work, we wish to work with you too.

I will check the guy thread here once I see it I will post it here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
Hello house,

Decking: How many tonnes of granite with be enough.
Length: 24600mm
Width: 11890mm
Beams: 34 (250h concrete beams)
Slab thickness: 150mm

Thanks.

Modified.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2020
please call for your tiles work...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2020
omanzo02:
Hello house,

Thanks.

This your information is not complete
You need to provide the number of beams and it’s sizes too, so that you can get the accurate tonnes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:52pm On Apr 27, 2020
mank1234:

Lovely.
I like your transparency. Some would say whatsapp me as if price is top secret. I usually run away from such contractors.
Keep it up.
thanks sir,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
From the dimensions provided;

Volume of concrete for your suspended slab is 44 m3. (Plus staircase concrete volume if you've only 1 staircase)

Quantity of materials needed if you're using
1:2:4 concrete mix
50kg bag of Cement = 264 bags
Sand 35 tonnes (You can buy 2 trips of 20 tonnes truck)
Granite 60 tonnes (2 trips of 30 tonnes truck)

If you need estimate for labour, mention me in your reply.

omanzo02:
Hello house,

Beams: 34 (250h concrete beams)
Slab thickness: 150mm

Thanks.

Modified.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Steelarmy01: 5:11am On Apr 28, 2020
Hello guys,I am an aspiring realtor with great passion but no skill and very little knowledge about real estate.
I would love if someone here could take me on as a mentee (protege). I live in Karu, Abuja. I have interest in property sales, construction and everthing that real estate covers.
If you can help a brother's dream come through, kindly call me. 08022215056 thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2020
Good morning my good people of this thread

Hope we are still staying save in here let us all maintain social distance as usual let all obey the instructions of the government, NCDC ETC

Thank you all

Chiefsuppier.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Redman44(m): 9:02am On Apr 28, 2020
For your Plumbing works including installation of toilets, toilet seats, Showers, connecting water into homes, offices, factories with all kinds of pipes. Connecting pipes from Kitchens, toilets and bathrooms into the soakaway etc, Please Call or Whatsapp Godwin on 08131563301. He is a very dependable and dedicated Plumber you can rely on. If you are in Ikorodu and other parts of Lagos, he can get your plumbing jobs done for you. Cheers.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 9:12am On Apr 28, 2020
Good morning house.
About to start moulding, I ask my men to make 40 block per bags. The block would be 5 inches and will be use to start a foundation. Is that OK? Please I need your answers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2020
Nosa111:
Good morning house.
About to start moulding, I ask my men to make 40 block per bags. The block would be 5 inches and will be use to start a foundation. Is that OK? Please I need your answers
5 inches look small?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2020
Does it look too small? ??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bizzibodi(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2020
Why dnt we use interlocking bricks/blocks to build houses in nigeria.has anybody seen one will it not make building houses cheaper?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Boyhood: 10:55am On Apr 28, 2020
bizzibodi:
Why dnt we use interlocking bricks/blocks to build houses in nigeria.has anybody seen one will it not make building houses cheaper?
I have seen an estate in Abuja (I think its the Navy post-service estate phase II) built with the interlocking bricks and I have also seen some buildings in Jos too. Using the interlocking bricks is not so popular I believe is because of the technicality in building/arranging the bricks, its not just anybody that can do it and get it right.
I agree with you on the cost, it may be cheaper considering materials but the precision needed in moulding the bricks and the technicalities in arranging it is something rear to find in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bizzibodi(m): 11:27am On Apr 28, 2020
Redman44:
For your Plumbing works including installation of toilets, toilet seats, Showers, connecting water into homes, offices, factories with all kinds of pipes. Connecting pipes from Kitchens, toilets and bathrooms into the soakaway etc, Please Call or Whatsapp Godwin on 08131563301. He is a very dependable and dedicated Plumber you can rely on. If you are in Ikorodu and other parts of Lagos, he can get your plumbing jobs done for you. Cheers.
Why is yur overhead tank not aligned to d center & why is yur reservoir tank not aligned with d toilet bucket

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bizzibodi(m): 11:29am On Apr 28, 2020
Boyhood:

I have seen an estate in Abuja (I think its the Navy post-service estate phase II) built with the interlocking bricks and I have also seen some buildings in Jos too. Using the interlocking bricks is not so popular I believe is because of the technicality in building/arranging the bricks, its not just anybody that can do it and get it right.
I agree with you on the cost, it may be cheaper considering materials but the precision needed in moulding the bricks and the technicalities in arranging it is something rear to find in Nigeria
We need more training in that area in the building sector.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:35am On Apr 28, 2020
QSFemi:
From the dimensions provided;

Volume of concrete for your suspended slab is 44 m3. (Plus staircase concrete volume if you've only 1 staircase)

Quantity of materials needed if you're using
1:2:4 concrete mix
50kg bag of Cement = 264 bags
Sand 35 tonnes (You can buy 2 trips of 20 tonnes truck)
Granite 60 tonnes (2 trips of 30 tonnes truck)

If you need estimate for labour, mention me in your reply.

Thanks for your insight,..... For labour, The carpenter, electrician and Builder are charging 98000, 49000 and 205000 respectively, the Iron man is yet to give labour cost. I also wonder the extent the lockdown will affect prices of building materials especially woods.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1370) (1371) (1372) (1373) (1374) (1375) (1376) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: erico2k2(m), Azcreativ(m), walexyll(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.