Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,284 members, 7,867,756 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4516059 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (3699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 16, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 1:32am On Feb 16, 2016
euromilion:
@egunmogaji,
I think emp.iree is telling the truth,a friend bought one in 2010 for $3000,I couldn't believe it then,I was full of regret because he told me about it then,but I was just like you are now,although then Detroit was bankrupt,so they needed people to wake it up to live,however the rule then,was that you must live in the house then.

I love to try my hand on one of those,if the opportunity arise again.
Is still same rule. They want property buyers to make it as primary residence. It's not too late. Someone just forwarded a list of about 2000 properties to me. I don't have their time yet. U just have to watch out for heavy tax lien. That's a killer. Sometimes you will see nice and decent properties for $1000 or less but if you research back taxes, f that. ...you will pick raise.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:55am On Feb 16, 2016
Question for window/door artisans.

I saw this type of wire mesh reenforced glass used at my Dentist office and I looked it up online.

Is it available in Nigeria and can it be used to avoid using burglary bars or it's not strong enough to repeal the opportunistic their?

Forget the concrete block that my Dentist used to build his office because you know that we don't use concrete blocks in the US wink

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 7:05am On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Nice, very nice. I also see siding.

So steel frame, weather wrapping, gypsum board, siding, the perfect storm. More grease to your elbow.

What are these boxes that I see framed in the roof structure?

Just as you've guessed Sir, those are meant for the water tanks(the Nigerian signature)

Regards...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dominionng(m): 8:14am On Feb 16, 2016
mufutau55:

Exactly where I was going... I was gonna do that cost comparison on my own ni.

Hajji M.

Originally, the system was meant to create a safer, stronger, aesthetic, faster and cheaper alternative system of building as it's being achieved in Asia, Europe and America. While other advantages can be easily met, the cheaper part is a major challenge. Compared to traditional wet construction, a system that is meant to knockdown the price of building by 50% on the average, is now between being on par to an increase with same percentage majorly because our steel companies are not functioning, we export Gypsum and import Gypsum Plasterboard.

I find solace in the fact that we now have a local company that produces quality cement boards and sidings and majorly the fact that Dangote announced his plans to invest $4b in steel production which is a better news than FG making same announcement.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Question for window/door artisans.

I saw this type of wire mesh reenforced glass used at my Dentist office and I looked it up online.

Is it available in Nigeria and can it be used to avoid using burglary bars or it's not strong enough to repeal the opportunistic their?

Forget the concrete block that my Dentist used to build his office because you know that we don't use concrete blocks in the US wink

Baba egun wan build his house with imported wood, padlocks and wire mesh.....bro na poultry you won build? . Just thinking out loud here....

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 16, 2016
3strike:

Baba egun wan build his house with wood and wire mesh.....bro na poultry you won build?

Yep you guessed it.

But the question I'm pondering is if it's a step up or down from an ordinary garage? angry

grin

PS: how many edits are you going to make - chissos

You're not following my every posts closely enough because you missed where I'm #BeLikeBen and #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira distribute it to the peanut gallery grin

EgunMogaji, creating emotions in people that they themselves do not understand where it came from.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yep you guessed it.

But the question I'm pondering is if it's a step up or down from an ordinary garage? angry

grin

Poultry business is actually very lucrative in Ibadan ATM...all the best baba!

Oops! Baba I guess we all edit o or Maybe I quoted u too fast. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yep you guessed it.

grin

You're not following my every posts closely enough because you missed where I'm #BeLikeBen and #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira distribute it to the peanut gallery grin

EgunMogaji, creating emotions in people that they themselves do not understand where it came from.

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 16, 2016
3strike:

Poultry business is actually very lucrative in Ibadan ATM...all the best baba!

It doesn't matter to me.

I'm coming to Nigeria to retire and not to do poultry or become a slumlord.

100% rest and relaxation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 16, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It doesn't matter to me.

I'm coming to Nigeria to retire and not to do poultry or become a slumlord.

100% rest and relaxation.

Ok sir. Thats good to know.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 9:23am On Feb 16, 2016
Dominionng:

Originally, the system was meant to create a safer, stronger, aesthetic, faster and cheaper alternative system of building as it's being achieved in Asia, Europe and America. While other advantages can be easily met, the cheaper part is a major challenge. Compared to traditional wet construction, a system that is meant to knockdown the price of building by 50% on the average, is now between being on par to an increase with same percentage majorly because our steel companies are not functioning, we export Gypsum and import Gypsum Plasterboard.

I find solace in the fact that we now have a local company that produces quality cement boards and sidings and majorly the fact that Dangote announced his plans to invest $4b in steel production which is a better news than FG making same announcement.

I think the system is much more expensive than our conventional building, the esthetic part can be debated.

The real solutions is the structural use of bamboo, stabilized brick and polystyrene construction.
Bamboo is a very strong material that grow very fast, I'd the right technology is in place like it is Colombia, hauwai and east Asia, a lot of beautiful home can be constructed with a fraction of what we spend.

Bamboo can be engineered to suit different construction, it can be manufactured into board, it can be treated to withstand harsh environmental conditions, it is environmentally friendly and it grows much much faster than wood.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 16, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I think the system is much more expensive than our conventional building, the esthetic part can be debated.

The real solutions is the structural use of bamboo, stabilized brick and polystyrene construction.
Bamboo is a very strong material that grow very fast, I'd the right technology is in place like it is Colombia, hauwai and east Asia, a lot of beautiful home can be constructed with a fraction of what we spend.

Bamboo can be engineered to suit different construction, it can be manufactured into board, it can be treated to withstand harsh environmental conditions, it is environmentally friendly and it grows much much faster than wood.

Carpe Diem, my oga.

Seize the day and build even a one room flat to demonstrate this technology.

If agreeable to you guys I offer part of my land and materials cost for my Mai Guard house to test this out in Ibadan as a case study.

When the time comes.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Happykay: 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
Has brabus taken the inspired route ?
He's been missing in action for a while now

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
Empiree:
Is still same rule. They want property buyers to make it as primary residence. It's not too late. Someone just forwarded a list of about 2000 properties to me. I don't have their time yet. U just have to watch out for heavy tax lien. That's a killer. Sometimes you will see nice and decent properties for $1000 or less but if you research back taxes, f that. ...you will pick raise.

That's the catch,primary residence,when Americans are running away.for some unknown reason to me,I just can't make America my primary residence,pls don't ask me why.i can however have an holiday home that can be rented out for some part of the year though.

Bros empiree in the course of going through the list of 2000 homes,if you see anything nice with value for money,pls don't hesitate to inform me,I love to have something there now before the prices are over the roof again.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
euromilion:

That's the catch,primary residence,when Americans are running away.for some unknown reason to me,I just can't make America my primary residence,pls don't ask me why.i can however have an holiday home that can be rented out for some part of the year though.
So you are one of those Americans ruining away. I understand that. Dont take it literally what they mean by "primary residence". That's just on the book. You play the game or you will be played. Mine shows primary residence in their system but i live in NY. I am planing of making it vocational home when NY gets boring.

Bros emp.iree in the course of going through the list of 2000 homes,if you see anything nice with value for money,pls don't hesitate to inform me,I love to have something there now before the prices are over the roof again.

Thanks.
I hear you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Happykay:
Has brabus taken the inspired route ?
He's been missing in action for a while now

Thats Very true o...Where is Brabus? Oga Egun any word from your home boy? undecided

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
3strike:

Thats Very true o...Where is Brabus? Oga Egun any word from your home boy? undecided

Yes, I take it as an honor to be called his homeboy but he may not agree grin

I am not privy to his whereabouts.

Have you reached out to him or the rasclot method of allegedly calling his wife or you'll rather just fan the flames and rile up the natives grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
And now this, more watering down of my "chicken coop garage" grin

Egun "where can I take your emotions today" Mogaji

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Empiree:
So you are one of those Americans ruining away. I understand that. Dont take it literally what they mean by "primary residence". That's just on the book. You play the game or you will be played. Mine shows primary residence in their system but i live in NY. I am planing of making it vocational home when NY gets boring.

I hear you sir.

There are legal implications in it,hope you know that,for example,if you ever decide to go bankrupt,then since Detroit is your primary residence,so you have to go by their laws,that's just one of the many examples.

Anyways,if come across anything nice like that of yours,pls let us know.
But before that I'll have to go through their tax laws(Detroit).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
euromilion:

There are legal implications in it,hope you that,for example,if you ever decide to go bankrupt,then since Detroit is your primary residence,so you have to go by their laws,that's just one of the many examples.

Anyways,if come across anything nice like that of yours,pls let us know.
But before that I'll have to go through their tax laws(Detroit).

And what state do you file income tax with? Though I salivate when I realize that some states don't have income taxes angry

But I suppose that one can set up an LLC to head this real estate portfolio.

God bless real estate and tax lawyers grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ghetto101(m): 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hello, looking for a good and honest builder for a building in Lagos(Agbara)

erico2k2:

What will that steel studs look like?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yes, I take it as an honor to be called his homeboy but he may not agree grin

I am not privy to his whereabouts.

Have you reached out to him or the rasclot method of allegedly calling his wife or you'll rather just fan the flames and rile up the natives grin

Calling whose wife? Baba you are mixing things up here and I can understand say old age don dey catch-up....Baba niyen! grin

Na crime again make person ask about your Homeboy?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
3strike:

Calling whose wife? Baba you are mixing things up here and I can understand say old age don dey catch-up....Baba niyen! grin

Na crime again make person ask about your Homeboy?

I would never accuse you of calling his Wife. Read my thesis again, this time with a smile on your face to gauge my joking intent and I did say allegedly grin

Omode olelaso koni akisa bi agba grin

This selfless concern for the welfare of another coforumer brings a tear to the corner of my eye. Such astute display of caring and good intention can never be repayed.

Nigeria needs more of you Sir grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
Eyin temi ni ilu Ibadan, kini simenti nmuwa nigboro?

How much is cement in Ibadan?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I would never accuse you of calling his Wife. Read my thesis again, this time with a smile on your face to gauge my joking intent and I did say allegedly grin

Omode olelaso koni akisa bi agba grin

This selfless concern for the welfare of another coforumer brings a tear to the corner of my eye. Such astute display of caring and good intention can never be repayed.

Nigeria needs more of you Sir grin

Thanks for those good words baba. Na why I like you be that.. . wink

When Agbalagba to ni opolopo akisa can turn a deaf ear to glaring cases of fraud.......What do we call that? undecided

Hypocrisy I guess or playing it safe... grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

And what state do you file income tax with? Though I salivate when I realize that some states don't have income taxes angry

But I suppose that one can set up an LLC to head this real estate portfolio.

God bless real estate and tax lawyers grin

It depends on two factors,if you are an employee,then your income tax will be assess based on your employer place of business,but if you are an employer or self employ,that's is where it gets tricky,e.g Apple,Google has been invading taxes in America based on the claim that their primarily based in Ireland,although,America government are proposing a tax reform bill which will see these fraudulents corporations with massive tax return bill this year.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
3strike:

Thanks for those good words baba. Na why I like you be that.. . wink

When Agbalagba to ni opolopo akisa can turn a deaf ear to glaring cases of fraud.......What do we call that?

Oye ki Omode mo wipe gbogbo aso ko lansa si orun grin

Ati wipe ti omode batile da inuigbo gbe, aoni koma dete.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=42984979][/quote]

Asipa owe gba ni yen baba.

Sebi wo ni Agba o kin wa loja ki ori omo tun tun ko wo? Olorun ma se wa ni agbaya ati agba osi. Amin e po

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
3strike:

Asipa owe gba ni yen baba.

Sebi wo ni Agba o kin wa loja ki ori omo tun tun ko wo? Olorun ma se wa ni agbaya ati agba osi. Amin e po

Nah that's old school.

Like baba suwe will say:

Omode torire ba fewo, owo lasan danuni grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Nah that's old school.

Like baba suwe will say:

Omode torire ba fewo, owo lasan danuni grin

Well Baba Suwe ni yen! grin

Aint you importing your Cement too abi isnt it cheaper over there? tongue

Instead make Egun tell him homeboy Brabus to return Money for Fake Approval e dey here they tell me about Baba Suwe.......SMH I cant believe this.. I just dey pity Mr Maverick cos if na my money, E go pay am one way or the other. no body dey owe 3strike o thats the truth. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (3699) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: alphabbey1(m), gbadexy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.