Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391102 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olabanjijohn(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hmm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stephenobuks(m): 2:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
Please Help!
How much will it cost to do a lintel of 3bedroom front and a 2bed room back flat. The break down will be highly appreciated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
pls i need the price of granite and sharp sand (10t, 20t, 30t). delivery is life camp by gwarimpa estate abuja. thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

People like you, are one of the the reasons why Nigeria is where it is today. The labour union laws mean nothing to you. Reason why professional bodies fix prices ,is to ensure uniformity in pricing of professional services nation wide or within a particular state.Now what the bodies are trying to do is to ensure that professionals earn within a certain range, it's just the same way we have the "minimum wage". A Registered surveyor would never charge below 400k. Only surveyors who are not registered would charge you less.The funny thing is , this surveyors that charge less, would still approach the registered ones to sign and seal the survey plan for them.

It's illegal for a Registered professional to charge below fees set by the Regulatory body.The professional offering such services and the client can be arrested if the Regulatory body is notified of such practice.

I was reluctant to answer you because you come across as rude, with the first line your comment.
But on second thought, l decided l will just educate you a bi and cure you of your ignorance

1) PRICE FIXING, is it legal or illegal in Law?
Market, any market is supposed to be controlled by the 'Laws od Demand and Supply, which dictates Price.
Price Fixing is illegal anywhere, hoarders and price fixers get arrested regularly
It is only shylock, lazy and greedy sellers that result to price fixing. Unionsim is to protect the intrest of Workers, not to turn the profession into a mafia-cotrolled price-fixers.

2) Uniformity of Pricing: Read what Sadyfact wrote and you will see where he said there are different Prices for different areas, so your 'Uniformity of Pricing' is already debunked and out of the window, by another Professional in the field grin grin. Your ignorance is obvious.
There acnt be uniformity of pricing, because different terrains pose different challenges to surveyors (Surveying a Swamp is more challenging to a Surveyor, than surveying a dry grass, sandy land. You dont expect both Surveyors to charge same amount because one would be short-changed.
How can there be Uniformity in Survey Pricing when even the price of the land itself, varies from place to place?
How is it possible that if l but a plot of land in Borno at #30,000, l will do the Survey for #400,000? Is that not stupidity of the part of the Surveyor asking for such price? grin

3.) Minimum Price?
Unless you agree that you are completely ignorant, l want you to do a break down of that #400K/Plot fee and let us see whether it goes wholly to the Government or What percentage actually goes to the Govt.
That #400K is way far,far above any minimum price of a Survey, it was just fixed arbitrarily by lazy Surveyors who want to be feeding fat on Union Dues.
grin
It is greedy cheats like you that add to the cost of building properties and hence the Cost of rent for poorer people, becaue you like to extort!
Greed will kill some of you, that is why you disturb this Thread will all your silly, hustling adverts. Instead of making money on rapid turn-over, you want to become millionaire over one Survey job from an individual Client! angry

4.) Registered Surveyor will be arrested by Union!
You are a true Clown! If you no the Law, you will understand the rules governing membership of a Union (It is Voluntary) and how compensation are negotiated between Client and Provider (Surveyor). It stands to reason that you can force anyone to do any job they dont want to do, for any amount. A Survey job is governed by Contract Law and the three important element of such Contract, (Offer, Acceptance and agreed Consideration), makes the COntract valid and your Union Police cant do jerk or else he goes to Prison, once both Client and Supplier have legally contracted. How many have you arrested sef? grin grin
What the Union gave you are called GUIDELINES, it is not a law and non-enforceable in any Law Court

Finally, Mafia-style greed does not make a professional or make them rich, it is turn over that makes a business Enterpreneur, be it professional or not, Rich. If you try any Agbero style, you will end-up in jail. grin

Please dont come back at me with some lame, hustler response, l wont even bother to read it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2020
saydfact:

Morning, how're you doing?

SurveyorGeo went as far as sharing the scale of fees..

Pls, in everything we should be fair to ourselves.

1. The surveyor's counsel is perhaps the only professional body in the the environment industry that's United and has a uniform fee anywhere in Nigeria.

2. EXCEPT THE SURVEYOR IS CHEATING, Eg back dating or producing fake documents he cannot charge less than the minimum fees shown on the scale of fees BECAUSE that's the amount he's paying to the government.

3. I'll advice you and Godisgreatest1 look at the complete scale of fees not just the screen shoot he sent, a location in Lagos could be 300k and another 400k, we have locations in Ogun at 120k and another at 300k etc.

You could easily think your surveyor would do it for 300k (an amount less than what he's required to pay to government) - How's he doing that?

SurveyorGeo was right in every word he put up there.

Lastly, at the end of the scale of fees, it then went on to define how much in range a surveyor shd be paid at different levels.... As low as 9k in some cases.

Goodluck

Hello Sadyfact, How are you.
There is nothing more for me to add, because you have made two statements which explains away this discussion.

Let me quote them here.
- FAIRNESS to ourselves, as Client and Service provider:
The Surveyor should be able to cater for his needs, from his work/profession. That is fairness.
But where most people miss the point is that it is not the chargeable amount per job that really makes a professional make Money (just like Lawyers cant have a fixed price by case! undecided ), it is first and foremost, the number of paying Clients that you have. In "Business", it is called trun-Over.
Where Surveyor A is still waiting for #400K per plot, Surveyor B has done ten Survey jobs at #250K - #300K per plot, made #50- #100K on each and pocketed an average of #750K as remnumeration.
It is just simple logic. Surveyor A might eventually get one 'Broda just come' who will shell-out #400K, anyway. undecided
How FAIR is it to charge #400K to Survey a Plot, something that ws being done for #100K less than five years ago, just beause one Unionist decide to hike fees and Union dues? I amsure by next year they should increase it to #1Million, afteral, it is a professional body

SCALE of Fees:
Let me seek clarification on this: You said the whole #400K is paid to the Government, what then is the benefit of the Surveyor himself, if he pays all the money to the Government? That cant be true! Or are you claiming that the surveyor pays Govt #350K out of the #400? Can you provide proof of this assertion, please.
If you have a copy of that "Scale of fees", can you please link or display a copy of the "Complete breakdown" of this Scale of fees so we can see how much really goes to the pocket of the Government and how much goes to the Surveyor himself. That would clear a lot of doubts. Just bring it up in your next post

Finally, the use of the word "SCALE" was deliberate because it means a "Graduation of Fees".
this means that there is no hard and fast rule about it and it is NOT FIXED. It has nothing to do with whether a Surveyor is registered or not, ofcourse who does not like awoof money among Surveyors?

I undertsand that those who eat from somewhere would want the fees to keep going up and it is more money for them and they would back each other to the hilt but that does not make their fantasy a reality.
Even you indicated that the prices are different for different areas, so how was he right in claiming that the price is fixed?.
Ihave done a few surveys over the years and collected CfO on two of them till date, the most recent was 2018 and it was #250K for 1.5 plots.
If not for Covid, l should be doing two plots around September but l have to delay it a bit and my surveyor wont even dare charge me #400K per plot.

Bottom-line, those Surveyors who want to insist on Union fees, shoulkd please do so but they should not even attempt to criticise or riddicule their sensible colleagues who chose to use the 'commonsense' and get on with the job, while making more money. The "market" will always remain free, Unionism or not

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
coldcandy:
pls i need the price of granite and sharp sand (10t, 20t, 30t). delivery is life camp by gwarimpa estate abuja. thanks.
Call Samuel 0703 093 7152 or Christian 0803 716 3937

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2020
One4me:

I was reluctant to answer you because you come across as rude, with the first line your comment.
But on second thought, l decided l will just educate you a bi and cure you of your ignorance

1) PRICE FIXING, is it legal or illegal in Law?
Market, any market is supposed to be controlled by the 'Laws od Demand and Supply, which dictates Price.
Price Fixing is illegal anywhere, hoarders and price fixers get arrested regularly
It is only shylock, lazy and greedy sellers that result to price fixing. Unionsim is to protect the intrest of Workers, not to turn the profession into a mafia-cotrolled price-fixers.

2) Uniformity of Pricing: Read what Sadyfact wrote and you will see where he said there are different Prices for different areas, so your 'Uniformity of Pricing' is already debunked and out of the window, by another Professional in the field grin grin. Your ignorance is obvious.
There acnt be uniformity of pricing, because different terrains pose different challenges to surveyors (Surveying a Swamp is more challenging to a Surveyor, than surveying a dry grass, sandy land. You dont expect both Surveyors to charge same amount because one would be short-changed.
How can there be Uniformity in Survey Pricing when even the price of the land itself, varies from place to place?
How is it possible that if l but a plot of land in Borno at #30,000, l will do the Survey for #400,000? Is that not stupidity of the part of the Surveyor asking for such price? grin

3.) Minimum Price?
Unless you agree that you are completely ignorant, l want you to do a break down of that #400K/Plot fee and let us see whether it goes wholly to the Government or What percentage actually goes to the Govt.
That #400K is way far,far above any minimum price of a Survey, it was just fixed arbitrarily by lazy Surveyors who want to be feeding fat on Union Dues.
grin
It is greedy cheats like you that add to the cost of building properties and hence the Cost of rent for poorer people, becaue you like to extort!
Greed will kill some of you, that is why you disturb this Thread will all your silly, hustling adverts. Instead of making money on rapid turn-over, you want to become millionaire over one Survey job from an individual Client! angry

4.) Registered Surveyor will be arrested by Union!
You are a true Clown! If you no the Law, you will understand the rules governing membership of a Union (It is Voluntary) and how compensation are negotiated between Client and Provider (Surveyor). It stands to reason that you can force anyone to do any job they dont want to do, for any amount. A Survey job is governed by Contract Law and the three important element of such Contract, (Offer, Acceptance and agreed Consideration), makes the COntract valid and your Union Police cant do jerk or else he goes to Prison, once both Client and Supplier have legally contracted. How many have you arrested sef? grin grin
What the Union gave you are called GUIDELINES, it is not a law and non-enforceable in any Law Court

Finally, Mafia-style greed does not make a professional or make them rich, it is turn over that makes a business Enterpreneur, be it professional or not, Rich. If you try any Agbero style, you will end-up in jail. grin

Please dont come back at me with some lame, hustler response, l wont even bother to read it.

It's legal for a consultant offering services to have a fixed price or fee. There's nothing illegal about price fixing for professional services.

Apart from demand and supply, the government can set prices for product and services.Just the way the government set prices for petroleum products.

My stance on uniform prices stands, if you have issues with the prices, take it up with SURCON.
You need to put aside all those economic principles put forward by Adam Smith and Alfred marshall.
In reality you can defy the laws of demand and supply. Any organization that allows the laws of demand and supply to control prices of it's product, would remain a slave to the market.

Do you think most of these multi national (Pepsi, coke etc)companies allow the laws of Demand and supply to control their business.

A registered surveyor that goes against the Regulatory body(SURCON) can loose his license to practice.
One last thing a Survey job is not "governed" by contract law."Most" professionals offering their services do not enter into any contract with their client, rather there is an agreement between the two parties.

As we all know , if there is no willingness to enter into a legal binding agreement , THERE IS NO CONTRACT.

I am a chatered arbitrator by the way . Stay blessed.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Thank you sir.

Chekitaut:
Call Samuel 0703 093 7152 or Christian 0803 716 3937
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
One4me:

Hello Sadyfact, How are you.
There is nothing more for me to add, because you have made two statements which explains away this discussion.

Let me quote them here.
- FAIRNESS to ourselves, as Client and Service provider:
The Surveyor should be able to cater for his needs, from his work/profession. That is fairness.
But where most people miss the point is that it is not the chargeable amount per job that really makes a professional make Money (just like Lawyers cant have a fixed price by case! undecided ), it is first and foremost, the number of paying Clients that you have. In "Business", it is called trun-Over.
Where Surveyor A is still waiting for #400K per plot, Surveyor B has done ten Survey jobs at #250K - #300K per plot, made #50- #100K on each and pocketed an average of #750K as remnumeration.
It is just simple logic. Surveyor A might eventually get one 'Broda just come' who will shell-out #400K, anyway. undecided
How FAIR is it to charge #400K to Survey a Plot, something that ws being done for #100K less than five years ago, just beause one Unionist decide to hike fees and Union dues? I amsure by next year they should increase it to #1Million, afteral, it is a professional body

SCALE of Fees:
Let me seek clarification on this: You said the whole #400K is paid to the Government, what then is the benefit of the Surveyor himself, if he pays all the money to the Government? That cant be true! Or are you claiming that the surveyor pays Govt #350K out of the #400? Can you provide proof of this assertion, please.
If you have a copy of that "Scale of fees", can you please link or display a copy of the "Complete breakdown" of this Scale of fees so we can see how much really goes to the pocket of the Government and how much goes to the Surveyor himself. That would clear a lot of doubts. Just bring it up in your next post

Finally, the use of the word "SCALE" was deliberate because it means a "Graduation of Fees".
this means that there is no hard and fast rule about it and it is NOT FIXED. It has nothing to do with whether a Surveyor is registered or not, ofcourse who does not like awoof money among Surveyors?

I undertsand that those who eat from somewhere would want the fees to keep going up and it is more money for them and they would back each other to the hilt but that does not make their fantasy a reality.
Even you indicated that the prices are different for different areas, so how was he right in claiming that the price is fixed?.
Ihave done a few surveys over the years and collected CfO on two of them till date, the most recent was 2018 and it was #250K for 1.5 plots.
If not for Covid, l should be doing two plots around September but l have to delay it a bit and my surveyor wont even dare charge me #400K per plot.

Bottom-line, those Surveyors who want to insist on Union fees, shoulkd please do so but they should not even attempt to criticise or riddicule their sensible colleagues who chose to use the 'commonsense' and get on with the job, while making more money. The "market" will always remain free, Unionism or not

Good evening everyone, we don't need to drag this issue, the person that asked about the survey price said the site is on Mainland, and survey price varies with size and location, the price to survey a plot of land in Oyo state varies to that of Ogun state, even in Lagos the price of Mainland varies to that of island, don't be surprised to know that in some areas in Lagos, you can do a Registered Survey with Record Copy (Red copy) as low as 250k. the scale of fees I posted read Zone B, there are Zone A, B and C. Their prices also differs from Zone to Zone. That's why I included my phone number for more information or clarification. I could have uploaded the whole scale of fees but since the enquirer said that the land is on Mainland and Mainland falls within zone B. for more information you can still call me on 08069018449

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
princemiah:
Good day house. Please who has used or affordable marine plywood for sale. I’d be needing them for decking in Abeokuta. Thanks
Chief Well done o, is it a residential Building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 1:22am On Jun 09, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

People like you, are one of the the reasons why Nigeria is where it is today. The labour union laws mean nothing to you. Reason why professional bodies fix prices ,is to ensure uniformity in pricing of professional services nation wide or within a particular state.Now what the bodies are trying to do is to ensure that professionals earn within a certain range, it's just the same way we have the "minimum wage". A Registered surveyor would never charge below 400k. Only surveyors who are not registered would charge you less.The funny thing is , this surveyors that charge less, would still approach the registered ones to sign and seal the survey plan for them.

It's illegal for a Registered professional to charge below fees set by the Regulatory body.[/b]The professional offering such services and the client can be arrested if the Regulatory body is notified of such practice.

Am not a surveyor, neither do I know how their regulatory body functions. However common sense do tells me that a surveyor can charge less or more than the[b] "standard fee"
benchmarked for their professional services.

Assuming the N400K is the sum of all charges for the surveyor services, it then means that it covers both the statutory and service charges. If thats the case then, while all the "statutory charges" set by the state and the governing regulations of the agency are mandatory, "service charges" (even if benchmarked by the regulatory authority) are not mandatory but "advisory",, therefore the charges can vary from Surveyor to Surveyor depending on circumstances. Some clients may pay less, while another pays more for similar services. What is fixed are only the government fees (statutory). It's is illegal to circumvent paying government levy.

So saying that any surveyor that charges less or a client that pays less would be arrested may not be entirely true. If its true, and they do get arrested, then the law has to be tested there, because there's a boundary between what's ethical professional conduct, and what is legal.

You may say that charging below N400k may be unethical as it offsets the uniformity of surveyor services intended by its regulatory body, but it shouldn't be illegal to do so in so far the charges includes surveyors service charges which is independent.

For sake of argument, if paying below N400K is illegal, and the client and surveyor would be arrested in such situation, what then would happens if a Surveyor bought a land for him/herself, surveys and register the land, and charge himself or company nothing other than the government fees, would he/she pay be arrested for not charging N400K?? What of if the client is his family relation (twins, mother, father, brother, sister, In-Law) or very close friend, and the Surveyor decides to offer the services free less government charges, would both parties be arrested and prosecuted?? I doubt much.

Anyway, you rightly acknowledged that it was possible to charge less without any consequences when you admit that "The funny thing is, this surveyors that charge less, would still approach the registered ones to sign and seal the survey plan for them."

So what really matters isn't paying less or more than N400K rather what matters is getting the survey land duly registered appropriately authenticated by a registered surveyor.

Provided you go for search of your title at your respective Ministry of Land and Survey, and confirm that your beacon numbers and land are registered, certified, and verifiable, the cost you pay independent of statutory charges is between you and your service provider, as in all services.

We knew that a Qualified but yet to be Registered Surveyor can do a survey, lift the titles, and proceed to register it at the Lands and Survey with the consent, seal, and authority of the principal (a registered surveyor). Those guys act as vendors to registered surveyors and often charge less yet deliver a perfect and authentic job.

You surely can get your land survey duly done satisfactorily by competent surveyors for less the regulators advisory fee. Carefully look for one in your state.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:20am On Jun 09, 2020
Please how is good to plaster a 4 bedroom flat in and out all ensuite.

My bricklayer is saying 480k. I think this is too much or what do you think.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:57am On Jun 09, 2020
Also the attached quotation given to me by carpenter for roofing of a 4 bedroom flat with dimension 13m by 20m with 6m kingpost high

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BlongTrendies(f): 7:46am On Jun 09, 2020
KIDfurniture:
Hajj if you can read me here.. kindly advice me where I can get a plot of land ..genuine one. Good for commercial building such as hostel

I suggest you get a land where there is a good quantity of universities or a potential spot. In 2017, I got some around itele because of rapid openings of some private universities in the area. Its a border town between Lagos and Ogun State. Do your research well you will get genuine offers. I was lucky though I met the Baale of the area. And where I bought is very close to the Baale's house.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2020
Muyi002:
Also the attached quotation given to me by carpenter for roofing of a 4 bedroom flat with dimension 13m by 20m with 6m kingpost high

Tell your carpenter say e no go better for him... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 10:56am On Jun 09, 2020
Muyi002:
the guy wan chop wood and nail..I see the bags of nail I fear shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:27am On Jun 09, 2020
Muyi002:
Please how is good to plaster a 4 bedroom flat in and out all ensuite.

My bricklayer is saying 480k. I think this is too much or what do you think.

OGA muyi002, you are old member here nna,
But you fall my hand o, when you have member here that can handle this for you at reasonable price.
Me as builder( contractor) with 300-350k I will get this done, no crime in this if I advertised my work to you and to others member( Almighty coca-cola, Pepsi etc still do advert) No money or work is too small o

Seriously some mason do charge more than some professionals this days , this for plastering of 4bedrooms flats ? it just too much no matter the location and the size of the 4bedroom ( I knew it’s not 4bedroom king palace design).

The roof charges is much also something in region of 120-180 is enough for all

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:32am On Jun 09, 2020
Muyi002:

Let imranroofing handle the covering
Patronize me pls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2020
smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bcars: 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nice one sir so how much will build up a standard 3bedroom all ensuite on a half plot of land to finished level
smiley001:

U r just full of calculations sir, I like dat.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
rotecch77:

OGA muyi002, you are old member here nna,
But you fall my hand o, when you have member here that can handle this for you at reasonable price.
Me as builder( contractor) with 300-350k I will get this done, no crime in this if I advertised my work to you and to others member( Almighty coca-cola, Pepsi etc still do advert) No money or work is too small o

Seriously some mason do charge more than some professionals this days , this for plastering of 4bedrooms flats ? it just too much no matter the location and the size of the 4bedroom ( I knew it’s not 4bedroom king palace design).

The roof charges is much also something in region of 120-180 is enough for all

No vex say i fall your hand. But you know that the one who seeks the road usually doesnt get lost.

He is the carpenter that has been handling the work from the beginning and at a point when i wanted to do the Parapet, his bill for woods and workmanship was almost 380k and i had to change to another whose cost was 200k.

I actually wanted to compensate him with this job and that was why i called him. the other guy had charged 120k for the wood work and roof with almost same quotations of materials but i was thinking he will charge less but he wan mess up.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
gurunlocker:

Tell your carpenter say e no go better for him... grin grin

Please in your opinion, what would you expect?

please assist with the cost of the wood below

2x2
2x3
2x4
2x6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by montee2: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
Please has anyone done soil test for a building project in Ibeju-Lekki area? Someone is asking me 250k for a soil test. I find that outrageously high. Please help a bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
Muyi002:

Please in your opinion, what would you expect?

please assist with the cost of the wood below

2x2
2x3
2x4
2x6
Get your calculations from 2x6 which is 900-1100 depending on the type of wood

Itara is 1100each
Kokoigbo is 1300each
Aku is 1200

all depend on ur bargain power.
Hence If u want 2x3 Aku @1200 for 2x6= 1 to be share into 2, therefore 1 2x3=600, cutting os N30. You get a full wood in this form not solo size of wood.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
montee2:
Please has anyone done soil test for a building project in Ibeju-Lekki area? Someone is asking me 250k for a soil test. I find that outrageously high. Please help a bro.

Depends on the location, we did one for a client around ibeju axis, Cost 150k.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oxygenation: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
I fabricate locally designed and efficient multiple concrete block moulding machine at an affordable rate. I also give a 12 months guarantee. Call/whatsapp - 08188899757 for more details. You can view images of previously fabricated machines working at various sites in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by montee2: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

Depends on the location, we did one for a client around ibeju axis, Cost 150k.

It's Sangotedo area.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
montee2:

It's Sangotedo area.

250k is on the highside.We did One for a client at Amity estate, which is just 8minutes drive from sangotedo and it cost less.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Chekitaut:
Get your calculations from 2x6 which is 900-1100 depending on the type of wood

Itara is 1100each
Kokoigbo is 1300each
Aku is 1200

all depend on ur bargain power.
Hence If u want 2x3 Aku @1200 for 2x6= 1 to be share into 2, therefore 1 2x3=600, cutting os N30. You get a full wood in this form not solo size of wood.

Boss, many thanks for this information.

Here in Ilorin, when I did some findings about the cost the below was given
He said
2x6 @ 750
2x4 @ 480
2x3 @ 350
2x2 @ 300

(1) (2) (3) ... (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: speak2bella(f), gbadexy(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.