Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390969 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HealthCas: 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
tiler should be around N350-N400..Sir,u can negotiate with the Tiler..they charge skirting separately I guess. If square meter is many, u can negotiate to N300 the tiler might accept the offer

Thanks so much, anyone with POP quote?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
Which one is stronger?

OBY Steel (blue) or MD Steel (black), both in 3”.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
Sir, is it possible to chart a land before buying/survey?
remcoface:

Make sure to search for the land information at Lagos surveyor-general office before paying.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
Seriously! I lost a contract due to insufficient fund to execute the deal, and the client insint I bring the materials to IMO state before he could pay me! Imagine taking materials from Lagos to IMO state without giving me any advance. This is the harm bad eggs has caused the good one angry
dongc:
oga ,
how many vendors here have that cash overflow to make deliveries. like N3M delivery ?.. before getting their money....the lack of honesty and integrity is just the problem...again when greed sets in .... most importantly do DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE PAYING ..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
alstacs:

This was thing that I just could not understand; people asking to be paid to give your quotation for them to bid in a work you wish to give out. I got a welder to come assess and give me quotation for burglary proof. The eeeeeeediota told me how much he will charge per window for the quotation. I simply told him not to bother.
A painter did same to me.
One roof company did that to me in Abuja
Well I would class those as people who are not the real workmen and are middlemen, this is their own chop, so if this money do not drop they are more than happy to lose the contract as they will not earn anything.I believe the genuine guys on here will not derve so low. We see the pros on here dishing out advice and explanation day in day out here for free not even having any sight of a contract in view but they do it anyway, so tell me why I should question them when a job is going to be done and they give me their quote ehh undecided, These group of guys on here have built houses for people they have never met and still ain't met till date with no issues. Bro let the money for estimate crew continue

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
Abolarin91:
Seriously! I lost a contract due to insufficient fund to execute the deal, and the client insint I bring the materials to IMO state before he could pay me! Imagine taking materials from Lagos to IMO state without giving me any advance. This is the harm bad eggs has caused the good one angry
I feel your pain, you see, when people(bad Eggs) do the deeds, they do not think of 2morrow.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2020
davodyguy:

These your prices are way way too high.

One of the reasons I don't buy most things in Nigeria and go for shopping in China, Turkey, UK is because the exorbitant prices retailers call in products.

I have these tapes, as a chartered Estate Surveyor and not (not 'agent' but RICS and ASA certified) and importing from AliExpress plus shipping to my Lagos address were 50% cheaper than what you quoted.

If cost of acquisition is ₦7500 and shipping ₦2,500=₦10,000. Selling the 40m tape at between ₦12,500 and ₦15,000 would not be bad in my opinion.

No one is saying people should not make profit, but please consider the economic challenges in Nigeria and have mercy. Biko

That's my 80m range Laser Tape.
This is UK and not China version.

If I tell you how much I bought, you think I stole it
That's the story of Nigerians with greed ohh, instead of researching of how to make a product cheaper, they tend to think of making it more costly.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Yeah, I've never shipped small goods into Nigeria before so I don't know. I just assumed that it will be expensive and riddled with red tapes.
nah bross, as we speak,it cost £50 to ship a ghana must go bag to 9ja, 6 weeks on the sea, delivered free to any address in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2020
Lol, most artisan will surely experience shit. I once called sometime ago to bring barb wire his site, on getting there the next day with materials, je said he didn't know I will bring the materials without advance that he just want to know the price! Imagine
gbadexy:

I can only speak for myself. Paint supply is not that capital intensive except when supplying a mini estate and even at that I still have good credit rating from my suppliers.
The limitation to supplying and getting payment after is the fact that some clients may tell you at the point of delivery they're no longer interested or not even pick calls. I've been told to bring a paint and after running around to get it done the person had already forgotten and told me she no longer needed it.
There are some bored people also that pick up numbers online and start posing like interested clients wasting one's time with never ending questions to keep them company.
It's when there's financial commitment from the client that one is assured of their seriousness and even at that, it's by God's grace one gets their full balance. Although I have been extremely fortunate to deal with the best set of people though I know some aren't so lucky.
I would like a strong message be sent through decisive action on such cases with updates here to serve as a deterrent.
The IRT section of sars track kidnappers and serious offenders if their phone numbers are known. Even to the last location the phone was used. That was how they tracked the killers of a lasu lady in osun state.
Anybody can be tracked if some certain details are known by the security agents.
Lack of communication by HSLbroker is opening room for speculations.
We would like to hear from him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by remcoface: 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
Abolarin91:
Sir, is it possible to chart a land before buying/survey?
Yes, you can and i think it cost around 10k to chart.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
erico2k2:

That's the story of Nigerians with greed ohh, instead of researching of how to make a product cheaper, they tend to think of making it more costly.
Thank God I have people that understand.

When I was about roofing my house in July, my own engineer that pay professional fee for supervisor, brought a quote of half a million as wood works. I pleaded that he should reduce the cost, he said it's not possible.

I came to Nairaland to ask the price for same specification. I was told ₦300,000 would do it.

That's how I saved ₦200,000.

Some Nigerians are greedy.

Henceforth, anything I am buying, I'll get quotes from minimum of 3 people and I'll go for the best quality at reduced price.

If I see any product on Jumia and Konga, I'll first check the prices on Alibaba/AliExpress. If the price difference is less than ₦3,000 I'll buy in Nigeria. If it's more, I'll rather wait for two weeks maximum and order it.

More than 60% of all products imported into Nigeria are from China. Name it Stainless, lights, bulbs, Distribution Boards, Tecno, Huawei, Gionee, Lnb, Satellite Dish, etc

I have this IP CCTV camera. I bought it last year at ₦3,500 and shipped to Nigeria with ₦2,000.

That same camera sells for ₦14,000 on Facebook. If I am to sell a product that cost ₦5,500 with shipping, selling at ₦8,000 to ₦9,000 isn't bad. But ₦14,000? That's evil.

Greed would not kill people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2020
erico2k2:

nah bross, as we speak,it cost £50 to ship a ghana must go bag to 9ja, 6 weeks on the sea, delivered free to any address in Lagos.
Lobatan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2020
Abolarin91:
Lol, most artisan will surely experience shit. I once called sometime ago to bring barb wire his site, on getting there the next day with materials, je said he didn't know I will bring the materials without advance that he just want to know the price! Imagine
You can imagine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
For home furniture, contact Maplewood Furniture Nigeria Enterprises -
Call: 08022283035
Business WhatsApp: 07032186146

... Providing High Quality Furniture!!![b]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hi Nairalanders. Please which is better between amoula pvc and nigerite asbestos as a ceiling material? Compare in terms of durability, affordability, and aesthetics. My own personal observation is that PVCs tend to sag over time. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hello my good people of nairaland,
I want to get approval for my building permit approval in Lagos and I was told I need tax clearance but I don’t have it. Please any alternative in getting the approval without tax clearance.

CC;
Hajj M.
Rotech
Dennis3D
Egunmagaji
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
erico2k2:

Good to know.

Old boy let’s do some business.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adezie: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

9inches block for N175 Which part of Nigeria? cool
Please drop the number of your supplier, so I can patronize him .

For a 3bedroom bungalow foundation at 750k is reasonable for a Kobo Kobo project. To avoid cracks there would be a plinth beam.

Even though there would be no german floor , the flooring would be done.
Ever wondered why some bungalows, have cracks on the wall?

Even though it's a Kobo Kobo project, the right thing should be done.

Here in Lokoja, we buy 9" block for N125 and 6" for N95". A trip of sand is N7500 and filtered gravel is N11000. The ground is so strong that a lot of times, we meet rocks. I hear and understand that 3M may not work in some places but here it will go far.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Makun City Ogun State
Roof Design : Milano Design
Colour: Wine with Black Patches
Roof meters: =419Sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
What kind of wood is used in making kitchen cabinets and bedroom wardrobes?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by loffers(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2020
adezie:

Here in Lokoja, we buy 9" block for N125 and 6" for N95". A trip of sand is N7500 and filtered gravel is N11000. The ground is so strong that a lot of times, we meet rocks. I hear and understand that 3M may not work in some places but here it will go far.

In Abj you can get 9”block for btw N170 and N180 depending on the quantity.
20tonnes of granite is about N67,000 at N2,700 per tonne and transport about N13,000 - N15,000 depending on the location of your site.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
Pls. we want to see pictures of this your estate oo!!!

EgunMogaji2:

Thank you my Brother, I appreciate you.

I’m actually doing a new micro estate in Ibadan. The idea is that as soon as you’ve entered the gate then you’re in the USA while still giving a nod to our African tradition. Construction is actively ongoing on one of the 5 units.

I went back to the USA last year to spend a few months. I fled back exactly a week after I landed because it was just all foreign to me. Nigeria is very very good. Yeah it’s not perfect, but one can mostly sidestep the inconveniences.

My advice to folks who might be indecisive: If you have skills, ideas, knowledge to improve Africa please come home. Just keep your head down, don’t play big boy (there are much more bigger boys than you here). Don’t come to apply for job, come to create jobs and industry. The Chinese are doing it, African Americans are here doing it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Good to know.

Old boy let’s do some business.
No probs

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2020
Thenext:
Hello my good people of nairaland,
I want to get approval for my building permit approval in Lagos and I was told I need tax clearance but I don’t have it. Please any alternative in getting the approval without tax clearance.

CC;
Hajj M.
Rotech
Dennis3D
Egunmagaji
Are you a salary earner?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2020
Badgers14:
What kind of wood is used in making kitchen cabinets and bedroom wardrobes?

Any suggestions?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2020
erico2k2:

Which company do you use for the shipping?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
Badgers14:

Which company do you use for the shipping?
There is a guy in Dagenham I use H and A Mandate
j

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2020
Badgers14:

Any suggestions?

Good day,

To make kitchen cabinets, it's preferred you use high density fiber (HDF) and for wardrobe, you can use either HDF or medium density fiber (MDF).

Contact Maplewood Furniture Nigeria Enterprises for your home furniture.
#Kitchen cabinet
#Wardrobe
#Doors (Flush/Panel)
#Bed
#Sofa
#Dining set
#All joineries

Call: 08022283035
Business WhatsApp: 07032186146

... Providing High Quality Furniture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
3D most of the time good and nice but what about the functionality?
DEGREE2466:
Can someone please advise me if this design is good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
erico2k2:

There is a guy in Dagenham I use H and A Mandate
j

Interesting!!

So they deliver to any address in Nigeria or a party have to pick up the cargo from their warehouse?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2020
Badgers14:

Interesting!!

So they deliver to any address in Nigeria or a party have to pick up the cargo from their warehouse?
These guys deliver to 9ja, I have used their Air cargo to ship car parts to 9ja, it was delivered to my friend in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: diordaves(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.